Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 11:51 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Best job I ever had was working at a flower shop - it's the only job I can think of where everyone is happy to see you.

Sometimes i buy fresh cut Carnations from roadside sellers. Smell sooo Good.

After flowers have been refrigerated they don't have so sweet the smell, imho.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:55 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Yeah, never thought of that. In that sense.

But that was a job I was busy 9 am to 5 pm, with back to back meetings and importantly, mind-boggling work which was a challenge. Gave me a sense of achievement.

Then they decided to offshore my job
I saw something on CNN I think it was, where some companies are starting to bring jobs back, they're finding the language barriers and different time zones to be more of a problem than initially thought.

People that do low level computer coding, might still be screwed though, I can see the software architects and software engineering jobs coming back, like I said, not so sure about the low level coding part though.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Yeah, never thought of that. In that sense.

But that was a job I was busy 9 am to 5 pm, with back to back meetings and importantly, mind-boggling work which was a challenge. Gave me a sense of achievement.

Then they decided to offshore my job

Move back to India BRO, & you can probably get your job back at BOA...

j/k...

Old 12-27-2009, 11:56 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Sometimes i buy fresh cut Carnations from roadside sellers. Smell sooo Good.

After flowers have been refrigerated they don't have so sweet the smell, imho.

Never put flowers in a refrigerator (if you mean a home one) because fruit will cause them to age and open faster and if you periodically cut the bottom of the stems several times after you buy them they last longer. If you mean the one's at a flower shop - they pick up the scent of other flowers which is why we used to keep all of them wrapped before we used them.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:

j/k...
Yeah, LOL, I was gonna say the irony of it all an indian guy losing his job to someone half way around the world, who happens to be in India.

I don't want to pick on Antler though.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:

j/k...
I remember this comedian say something about when all the people went up to accept their academy award for slumdog millionaire and said, 'the whole time I was wondering who was manning tech support' Poor Antler

Old 12-27-2009, 12:02 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
I have to do the chores of a church going Catholic in a few minutes.

I'll wrestle you comedians when I get back

Old 12-27-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Never put flowers in a refrigerator (if you mean a home one) because fruit will cause them to age and open faster and if you periodically cut the bottom of the stems several times after you buy them they last longer. If you mean the one's at a flower shop - they pick up the scent of other flowers which is why we used to keep all of them wrapped before we used them.

I've bought many Roses, Carnations, etc from Flower Shops but they smelled sweeter to us freshcut from roadside stands...

I wood cut a couple inches off the bottom of stems & sometimes put an aspirin in the water...

Old 12-27-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I've bought many Roses, Carnations, etc from Flower Shops but they smelled sweeter to us freshcut from roadside stands...

I wood cut a couple inches off the bottom of stems & sometimes put an aspirin in the water...
I grow roses in the yard and the bushes are as tall as the house and it just smells wonderful out there. I have one red rose vine on the fence and the petals look and feel like velvet. Carnations do have the longest shelf life tho

Old 12-27-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I grow roses in the yard and the bushes are as tall as the house and it just smells wonderful out there. I have one red rose vine on the fence and the petals look and feel like velvet. Carnations do have the longest shelf life tho

That's Wonderful...

Here on the mountain, in the Spring many sweet smelling wildflowers grow. I don't know all the names.
Some that are sweet are the Lilac bush's, sweet pea, honey suckle, etc

Lots of Hummerbirds come around.

the wild orchids are beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships