U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-26-2009, 09:30 PM

19,023 posts, read 13,767,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I always thought that was make beleive propagated by Hollywood. Never knew that cobras actually danced to pipe music for real. Why do they dance to pipe music, though? Do they ever dance to other music? Can you hold them when they are in trance?
The pipe is actually called bungi. The snakes get hypnotized and they just can't help themselves. It's said it attacks their senses and they just wanna dance to it. Some like it so much they get wild when the charmer stops it.

They simply spread their hood out and display their dancing prowess to the female snake. They don't dance to other music. And one better not disturb them in their trance, coz that is when their bite can be fatal, like in minutes

In my dad's village, snake bites, if not so hard are treated in a bizarre way which noone around the world may have heard of. They catch 10 hens from the farm and put the hen's naked bum on the bitten area. Hen's colons have such sucking power that they suck the poison, and the hen dies eventually. But if the bite is so hard and tons of poison go in, then it's knife time. They cut the flesh open and someone else without any sore wound in his mouth sucks the poisoned blood out.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:53 PM

Oh, and, I got a new pc this week with windows 7. Anyone used this form of windows yet?

The GUI is pretty awesome and even astonishing. I am sort of annoyed with some of its characteristics, but the user interface is so pleasing

Relationship Chat Thread Part 5-windows-7.jpg

Old 11-26-2009, 09:55 PM

17,788 posts, read 16,860,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Oh, and, I got a new pc this week with windows 7. Anyone used this form of windows yet?

The GUI is pretty awesome and even astonishing. I am sort of annoyed with some of its characteristics, but the user interface is so pleasing

Attachment 53535
We stopped our migration to Vista at work because there were so many problems with it. Unfortunately, my dept. was the first to go on it, so we are stuck there until we move to Windows 7. So I can't wait!!

Old 11-26-2009, 09:57 PM

49,278 posts, read 45,802,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
We stopped our migration to Vista at work because there were so many problems with it. Unfortunately, my dept. was the first to go on it, so we are stuck there until we move to Windows 7. So I can't wait!!
i am hearing good things about windows 7.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i am hearing good things about windows 7.
Yeah I've heard NOTHING but good things.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Somebody made a bad decision Vista has been continually disproved to be ineligible for corporate wide roll-out.

Everyone's pretty much still on windows xp, for it's a more durable OS, and very well built. Those who followed the vista route pretty much backed out. This is the very reason MS rushed windows 7 out. It's more like windows vista patched and importing some durability from xp, and they named it 7, in hopes that companies around the world will finally agree for corp-wide roll-outs.

I truly like windows 7, but like all bastards, I want windows xp, vista and 7 together on this new pc coz I am used to running heavy applications on the other two, and it's pretty much been adamant at not letting me partition and make way, it's been built so strongly that it's annoying.

It's a superb set-up where while I can be online on windows 7, I can simultaneously be offline on windows xp, it will behave like two systems or three

Old 11-26-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka;11791504[B
]Somebody made a bad decision[/b] Vista has been continually disproved to be ineligible for corporate wide roll-out.

Everyone's pretty much still on windows xp, for it's a more durable OS, and very well built. Those who followed the vista route pretty much backed out. This is the very reason MS rushed windows 7 out. It's more like windows vista patched and importing some durability from xp, and they named it 7, in hopes that companies around the world will finally agree for corp-wide roll-outs.

I truly like windows 7, but like all bastards, I want windows xp, vista and 7 together on this new pc coz I am used to running heavy applications on the other two, and it's pretty much been adamant at not letting me partition and make way, it's been built so strongly that it's annoying.

It's a superb set-up where while I can be online on windows 7, I can simultaneously be offline on windows xp, it will behave like two systems or three
TELL me about it. Our CIO made the decision...felt that we all needed to be on it so that we matched the OS that most of the students have at home. We took a poll of our own - and only 20% of US have VISTA at home! DUMB.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
TELL me about it. Our CIO made the decision...felt that we all needed to be on it so that we matched the OS that most of the students have at home. We took a poll of our own - and only 20% of US have VISTA at home! DUMB.
CEO and CIO always form the dumb and dumber duo of many orgs

And obviously, there is a new CEO/CIO every 2 years and people wonder why, LOL.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:05 AM

3,258 posts, read 5,664,704 times
Quote:
Oh we will see plenty. Already have plans to go to the Christmas light show at Busch Gardens. This is our first "trip" away together, and we have trips planned for the next two weekends as well. We get along awfully well here at our homes, so we'll see how we do away.
That really is the test, whether you travel well together.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
He is here now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
cricket - I meant to add that he was out back replacing a broken fence post that broke during our nor'easter. I didn't even realize I had damage until my son pointed it out to me last weekend. So I picked up a 4x4 on Monday night (THIS is why I'll never drive a mini-coop ) and yesterday he dug up the old concrete and reset the new one. I could have done it myself, hell I set two posts for a gate just few weeks ago, and built one new gate last spring, but I sure do appreciate him doing it - without me even asking. Reminds me of that stupid thread from a few days ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships