Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 08:01 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

The Chowhound needs a vaca too!!!

Everyday is a vacation in my incredible fabulous life. I'm so loved and adored by the masses that I don't need a vacation to recharge my batteries.

I've also got a little beach front property in AZ for you if interested.....

Old 11-22-2009, 08:07 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Everyday is a vacation in my incredible fabulous life. I'm so loved and adored by the masses that I don't need a vacation to recharge my batteries.

Darn, I was hoping you were still offering the Brooklyn Bridge!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

The Chowhound is too lazy to even organize a vacation! We got carpal tunnel writing about Europe for your big birthday and you didn't even move your tushie! It's true, though - every day of your life pretty much IS a vacation!

As you know, I've got a property in AZ and I'm eagerly waiting for you guys to shake real nice, so that I finally have a beachfront property!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:21 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
All in all, considering the time of the year and my personal circumstances, I was fortunate to get away and have a pretty nice vacation. I swear I did not touch computers even though they were available! Arentcha all proud of me?!
Good girl. I was almost that good on my vacation in August...but I used my brother's pc to print my boarding passes.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:25 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Oh, and nice to see a nice brandy new thread.

By the way...BF and I went to a movie tonight...and I just wanted to warn you guys - do NOT waste your time or money!!! Men Who Stare At Goats -
I can't even tell you what it was about - it was THAT stupid!!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh, and nice to see a nice brandy new thread.

By the way...BF and I went to a movie tonight...and I just wanted to warn you guys - do NOT waste your time or money!!! Men Who Stare At Goats -
I can't even tell you what it was about - it was THAT stupid!!
Aw, I was so looking forward to that!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Good girl. I was almost that good on my vacation in August...but I used my brother's pc to print my boarding passes.
When I have a beach and a pina colada in hand I've no need for a mouse!

I was tempted to check somebody's website from a business card I got, but didn't do even that! He was quite gorgeous, but married...

Old 11-22-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Aw, I was so looking forward to that!
I know you were.

I've got two words for you

George Clooney.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
When I have a beach and a pina colada in hand I've no need for a mouse!

I was tempted to check somebody's website from a business card I got, but didn't do even that! He was quite gorgeous, but married...

Hey, I wasn't down in Mexico the last couple of days...

Old 11-22-2009, 08:31 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Alright... a little info about the vacation. It was nice. It did contribute a bit to a problem I'm having right now, so I'm pretty upset about it, but anyway...

I got lucky - the hurricane went away. All the rain was over by the time I arrived. Didn't have a drop of rain the whole time! As I suspected, November wasn't exactly the best month for me to go, though, considering I'm from Southern Arizona. The sea wasn't as warm as I like it and the evenings were chilly.

Originally I'd booked a place on one of world's top 10 beaches. That beach was really gorgeous, but the service in this resort sucked. That I was kind of willing to put up with; however, the place was situated in a natural mangrove, which was very pretty, but full of Hitchcock birds waking me up at 4 a.m., so I asked to be transferred to a sister property. As it often happens, I got my wish. I knew the other beach wasn't as good, but had no idea just how bad it was... To top it off, the first place had a smoking section in the buffet restaurant whereas this one was totally Americanized! Sooo, I spent the first day of the transfer wanting to kill myself. Then... decided to make do with what I had done... Even though the beach was pretty rocky, there were a few nice "pools" good enough for my purposes. That's the first time I've had all kinds of fish swimming around me. No need to snorkel or anything - they're just around you. They don't let ya catch them, though. Buuuut, I saw people feeding them (had no idea fish were interested in plain bread) and I tried myself. They're really funny jumping to get the crumbs. That's when you can catch 'em - when they get greedy!

The food was great (it's nice to have somebody cook for ya for a change). So were the drinks. The bartenders were sweet and friendly as always. Comparing the two places reminded me of my endless search of the country of Utopia... It doesn't exist... The resorts are just like the countries - those where you're able to make a somewhat decent living are no fun and the other way around. Same here - where you get good (Americanized) service you don't get to have a smoke in peace... When looking at all those fishies and coconuts falling from the trees I was thinking you can pretty much live there without working... It's warm and there's food around!

The main purpose of this trip was relaxation, so I got out of the resort only once. Hadn't gone to Playa Del Carmen before. It's a fun town and the beach is nice. Can't stand the pushy vendors, though. Walked a couple of times to the "village" next door. There was a Dolphin Encounter there and they happened to have a baby dolphin at this time. Very cute! I put "village" in quotes because that's the Disney version of it. This whole development is gated; hence, it's safe to walk in the evening there. The real village is across the highway. Of course, in the ol' days the real people used to live by the beach... but why would you let poor people live by the beach...?! They get kicked out! As a matter of fact, developers can't even stand 3-star resorts on 5-star beaches!

All in all, considering the time of the year and my personal circumstances, I was fortunate to get away and have a pretty nice vacation. I swear I did not touch computers even though they were available! Arentcha all proud of me?!
Well, sounds like it could have went better, but it surely could have gone a whole lot worse! At least you got to relax...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships