Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 09:20 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times

Advertisements

If you are driving down the highway at night in the middle of a rainstorm and blow a tire, the F-bomb can and is dropped even by women!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 09:45 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I guess almost every mechanic and tradesman is an abusive a-hole from hell now! The fact of the matter is, men get pissed off. Unless he becomes abusive towards you, it isn't that big of deal. Would you prefer he pops in a Snow White or Scooby Doo DVD when he gets pissed again at guy stuff?LMAO....... Geez, what is this world coming to!
Common sense tells most of us that if a person--oh please! regardless of profession--can't hold their temper on the small things, what are they going to be like when something big happens? I wouldn't stick around to find out and I wouldn't recommend anyone else do so, either. There are enough people with self control than to have to settle for that.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Common sense tells most of us that if a person--oh please! regardless of profession--can't hold their temper on the small things, what are they going to be like when something big happens? I wouldn't stick around to find out and I wouldn't recommend anyone else do so, either. There are enough people with self control than to have to settle for that.
I believe I read somewhere that your husband was a mechanic? Ask him if he would be thinking happy thoughts if he dropped a bolt down into an intake manifold?LMAO.......... What you don't know what goes on at work, my dear!LOL.......

Old 05-14-2010, 10:01 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
I'm referring to the original topic, a real meltdown, not just a few cuss words.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I believe I read somewhere that your husband was a mechanic? Ask him if he would be thinking happy thoughts if he dropped a bolt down into an intake manifold?LMAO.......... What you don't know what goes on at work, my dear!LOL.......
My husband could cuss up a storm but you can tell the difference between someone who just cusses and someone who could lose control at any moment and at the slightest thing.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
My husband could cuss up a storm but you can tell the difference between someone who just cusses and someone who could lose control at any moment and at the slightest thing.
I suppose that is true! I'm probably more like him in that regard and it takes a real screw-up to get me going. BTW, if that bolt fell into a coolant passage or water-jacket, the whole engine could have to be pulled and tore down to retrieve it. Things like that don't make the boss very happy!

Old 05-14-2010, 10:23 AM

To answer the title question, I don't think character can be changed--as in someone change it for you--but I do believe people can change their character, if they want to. However, the likelihood of that happening, especially in situations like this, aren't good. They usually need to hit rock bottom first and even then they often just get worse in their abuses, unless they've somehow learned to stop blaming everyone and everything else on their failures and problems.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:23 AM

367 posts, read 415,134 times
When I was in my 20s,I was madly in love with my then-boyfriend. He wanted to marry me, but deep down I knew I could never marry him because he had a jealousy issue. He would get jealous over the smallest things or accuse me of looking at men that I had not even seen walk by, etc. I knew it could never work. I think, in your situation, you know the same thing.

Once you're married, the duty to try to work things out and work through issues is a lot greater. Dating, on the other hand, is all about determining whether or not you're compatible with another person. You guys are just dating and you don't have a duty to stick by him as he tries (or not) to work thorugh these issues. I say you should move on and let him deal with those issues on his own. Good luck!

Old 05-15-2010, 10:27 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Why do women think they hold a right to "change a man"? What is the root of this idea?

Old 05-15-2010, 10:34 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
No, the way it works is: If he loves you very much, he will start doing some work on himself to get rid of his temper. That way you won't have to put up with it!. If he loves having angry outbursts more than he loves seeing you at peace and happy with him, then you've got your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships