Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:17 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times

Advertisements

I thank God that I was born in the greatest country on earth, the United States of America!

Most of us don't know how lucky we have it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
I'm THANKFUL for the very loving and understanding wife I've got! I'm also very, very, very thankful that I'm not single anymore! After reading a number of the Threads on this part of the C-D Forum, I'm REALLY glad I'm not single!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:35 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Thumbs up Happy Thanksgiving People!

I am thankful that I have some things to be thankful about!

There's my:

health
empathetic and loving heart
great looking exterior
wonderful kids
spouse who adores me
ton of friends (many of whom have come back into my life through a great social site)
great dog and cat
many talents
great neighborhood

and on and on

Old 11-25-2009, 11:10 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
I'm Thankful fer my beloved children & beloved granbabies,

beloved siblings & friends,

beloved fourlegged Pal's

being fortunate to live out in the boonies in "Gods Country".

I'm Thankful fer the fish. That folks who know how to catch fish will always have food & be able to share with other folks.
& crabs too.

Although i only catch & release Bass mostly...

Happy ThanksGiving Sisters & Brothers...

God Bless You All...

Old 11-25-2009, 11:27 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
I thank God that I was born in the greatest country on earth, the United States of America!

Most of us don't know how lucky we have it!

Amen to that!

Old 11-25-2009, 11:45 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Often I don't sit back and see the things in front of me I should be thankful for. I spend a bit too much time distracted by what I do not have or what and who I have lost. All of us go through those "why me" moments in our lives, but I can honestly say, despite losing so many loved ones before their time, being geographically seperated from family and friends, and falling short of a few goals, I still have a lot to be grateful for. I have a three healthy children, a nice roof over my head with all the comforts and modern conveniences one could ask for, a career, food on the table every night, health insurance, a warm coat in winter, a list of good friends I can count on one hand, all my fingers and toes, and a stubborn dog that likes to pee on the rug. Life isn't so bad and every so often I need to remind myself of that when I start thinking about what I don't have. Often I'm humbled when I see or hear about people who are struggling in life without a job, on the verge of homelessness or already there, in poor health, handicap, addicted to drugs or alcohol, working two or more jobs to survive, or are all alone in the world. I've been one of those people in a previous life and I never want to go back. Yeah, I'd say I have a lot to be thankful about.

Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving this year and enjoy the festivities with your family and friends.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:51 PM

648 posts, read 3,090,785 times
i'm thankful for my warm bed too! i love my soft, warm, comfy bed and i often thank god that i have it to snuggle into at the end of a tiring day.

i'm thankful for my students who make my days very interesting and fulfilling.

and i'm thankful for the good health of my son and myself.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:16 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Default What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for health insurance
I'm thankful for relatively good health (a few aches and pains but they aren't stopping me)
I'm thankful for a fridge full of food
I'm thankful for parents that love me unconditionally
I'm thankful for having a roof over my head
I'm thankful my mom and step-dad have jobs
I'm thankful for internet access
I'm thankful for two healthy dogs

All in all, I'm thankful.

Wishing you and yours a great Thanskgiving!

Old 11-26-2009, 08:24 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
I am thankful for everything I've got. Thing is we often take for granted what we have and only when it is gone or is taken from us, then we truely understand what it meant to us.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:29 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
I'm thankful for the big and small, past, present and future blessings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships