Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 07:28 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones100 View Post
Like I said in another thread, women have equality now, so I don't understand the constant harping on about "security" and all that BS. Equality has ensured that both men and women can make their own way in life, so you'd think that women would cease looking at a man as a potential source of income and security.
You are so right! Although I could care less, women do play both sides of the fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 11:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
not so, women as snatching men from prison left and right. many women like their men down and out. in fact a job will run them off. probably though they can tell not having a job and cash bothers you a lot, and an uncomfortable man is skunk juice to a woman.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:17 PM

491 posts, read 748,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And the people that think as you do, are ones that have trouble holding down a job.

As someone who has always worked, and sometimes even held down two jobs at once, I appreciate other people that are hardworking go-getters. I don't understand sitting around collecting government checks just because I am unwilling to work a job that isn't my perfect job. I have bills to pay, and I'm not going to be a prima donna about what work I am willing to do. And if I am flat broke, I certainly am not going to search for a new person to date. My first priorities is to get my own life in order. And for company, I have my friends and my dogs. When I am down and out, looking for romance is not what I need to be doing.
You know I have trouble holding a job really you know me that well? So you are pretty much saying you should only be in a relationship when things are going well that commitments only matter under certain circumstances. What happens if the person you are in a relationships lose theirs job? Are you gonna leave them? It seems you are in it just for what you can get out of it.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:59 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,017 times
I don't have have much money and I'm not working much right now either but I haven't had any trouble finding girls who like me anyway, they don't even ask about my line of work! That sort of thing just doesn't seem important to them.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:12 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Hey I'm Rob...i have been single since last October. I'm a good looking guy, very funny, and very caring and generous.....I just lost my job of 5 years due to being involved with a law-suit at work and the economy. I ended up having to move back in with my mother up in Tennessee. Before i lost the job i was paying the bills but barely getting by so therefore i never had a date life. Everyone i came across stopped talking with me after they saw the money i could afford to spend on going out.

Well now i'll be collecting unemployment and it feels like there is no hope of there being any good women in my age group out there who would even talk to me....Do u guys see this as i need to make more money for stability just to get a woman's attention?...or is it that more and more women just don't realize how hard it is at the bottom these days for a guy like me so they ignore me? Just want some honest feedback...thanx alot
Why would you even worry about a g/f when you lost your job? I know I would not. My first priority is my job.

You don't need to worry about others. They aren't paying your bills. There is always hope buddy. What kind of work are you into? Who are they to decide if you should spend or not?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:09 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
no man who is unemployed should be looking for a companion

Old 03-29-2010, 07:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
no man who is unemployed should be looking for a companion
Yey, you got one thing right!

Old 03-29-2010, 09:32 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer84 View Post
What happens if the person you are in a relationships lose theirs job? Are you gonna leave them? It seems you are in it just for what you can get out of it.
If a guy that I am in a relationship loses his job, I'm not going to dump him. But a lot depends on how he handles being unemployed and what he is doing to find another job. I'd hope that after a couple of weeks, he'd at least be doing some part time or temp work while he waits for another job in his field. I wouldn't be happy if he decided that collecting unemployment was a good way to have an extended paid vacation. And I wouldn't be happy if there was no work at all in his line of work and he was unwilling to consider doing other types of work. In that case, he'd need to be adaptable and consider going back to school and trying another line of work. I'm not going to stick around with some prima donna of a man who is expecting the perfect job to drop into his lap.

I'm also annoyed by guys (or gals) that feel they only way they will ever have success in life is if they win the lottery.

I work hard for what I have and I expect my man to work just as hard for what he wants out of life. And he also needs to have some decent life goals and not be a floater.

I don't expect any man to support me financially, and I also don't intend to support any man financially either. I just want a man that is my equal in all respects.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:37 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,917 times
A few ads I have found online in my local area.

Quote:
I am a very attractive African American woman who has recently relocated to ------ from a much bigger city. I am looking for a mature man who knows how to treat a LADY. I had a wonderful sugar daddy that took very good care of me for a generous amount of time but he has recently fell upon hard times with the economy being the way it is and can only afford his own family which i understand, although i havent found another man like him yet i am sure there is another man like him here that i can share my time with and be spoiled by. if this interest you message me.....
Quote:
Hello there

so im not going to sugar coat this.

im a young BBW lady who would LOVE to be your house wife. i love cooking and cleaning. Im great with children and i basically DONT have a temper.

im really laid back and i love to have fun. im not scared to get dirty and i love camping.

lets take life to the next level.

your picture gets mine. put in the subject line "Heres your sugar daddy"

Old 03-30-2010, 12:38 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I work hard for what I have and I expect my man to work just as hard for what he wants out of life.

I don't expect any man to support me financially, and I also don't intend to support any man financially either. I just want a man that is my equal in all respects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships