U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:42 AM

146 posts, read 244,404 times
Default Are single girls more open to men's advances during the holidays?

I've always thought so, but I've never got a chance to test this. I was always dating someone (or thought I was dating someone, not knowing she was secretly growing apart and intending to break up with me) during the holidays. But I always assumed that no one ever wanted to be alone during Christmas and New Years and stuff.

The thing is, I attempted to test that theory today at a pretty popular bar (and also test the challenge that I learn to try to meet people on my own instead of with my friends) and it was really hard.

It's amazing how easily it is to wimp out of talking to a pretty girl when you know don't have your friends to fall back on if things go south. The whole night, I could only bring myself to talk to 1 group of girls. I walked up and said that they all look sociable and that I had to say hi to them. I then joked if one of them is getting married and asked who's keeping who out of trouble.

I then introduced myself to one girl and she gave me her name, and then I introduced myself to her second friend, but she wouldn't shake my hand back or even say hi back. She just immediately leaned into the third friend and started talking into her ear, and I tried to play it off by asking if I look like a psycho ex or something.

The third girl said no, that I just looked like someone familiar and to forget about it. When I prodded them who I reminded them of, she kept telling me no and to forget about it. It was really bizarre and awkward. I felt like the interaction got off to a bad start and was going to go no where (I mean, how do you continue after that?) so I just said I wanted to say hi and to have a good night. I walked away feeling pretty embarrassed and discouraged.

How on earth do some guys do it? Not to brag or anything, but I got invited to a nude dance party in college just over a year ago. I just don't understand how I or anyone else can go from dancing with a bunch of naked girls to barely being able to talk to girls in bar during the holidays in only a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 12:43 AM

24,369 posts, read 18,094,776 times
You hoping to score more.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:46 AM

49,327 posts, read 45,892,062 times
there are those that believe it is a numbers game or others that think its a cosmic connection still others try to find a cause and effect from the seasons to explain female behavior. once you discover the secret you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams.
but it takes up a whole lota of a young mans time for sure.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You hoping to score more.
I think that's pretty obvious.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
there are those that believe it is a numbers game or others that think its a cosmic connection still others try to find a cause and effect from the seasons to explain female behavior.
I'm not into that new age nonsense. I don't believe in horoscopes or fate. I don't believe in "the one." I'm always annoyed by people who say they're "holding out for the right one," because I believe all relationships are about compromise.

It's getting to that point, however, that's a challenge nowadays.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
You sound like a f&&&&& creep,

I'm glad I don't have a sister or daughter for d*ldos like yourself.

I don't know what has happened to "men" these days.
Care to explain how/why?

Were men celibate and asexual in the old days?

Last edited by Brown Leather Jacket; 11-28-2009 at 01:19 AM..

Old 11-28-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leather Jacket View Post
Care to explain how/why?

Were men celibate and asexual in the old days?
Let me see.. remember the old saying about if you have to explain a joke...

Some men treat women like "things" I know cause I'm a man, I've experienced it first hand. They think women are stupid.Treat them like morons.

They view them like you do, sort of like something to be conquered or captured, maybe even like goals to be achieved.

Again, I'm a man I understand this mentality to some degree, not saying it is right, just merely acknowledging it.

Basically to keep things simple you as a man should treat women the way you want your sister treated.

I don't even have a sister but this concept isn't lost on me.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Let me see.. remember the old saying about if you have to explain a joke...

Some men treat women like "things" I know cause I'm a man, I've experienced it first hand. They think women are stupid.Treat them like morons.

They view them like you do, sort of like something to be conquered or captured, maybe even like goals to be achieved.

Again, I'm a man I understand this mentality to some degree, not saying it is right, just merely acknowledging it.

Basically to keep things simple you as a man should treat women the way you want your sister treated.

I don't even have a sister but this concept isn't lost on me.
I do not understand how this even remotely relates to trying to meet girls.

How on earth is approaching a group of girls in a bar "treating them like things?"

Old 11-28-2009, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leather Jacket View Post
I do not understand how this even remotely relates to trying to meet girls.

How on earth is approaching a group of girls in a bar "treating them like things?"
It's just about "how" you think and approach women.

I may be a little harsh here, I'm just thinking about how young guys think and how they approach women.

Just try to respectful is all I'm saying.

I'm not trying to be a dyck here to you. Really.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:50 AM

49 posts, read 47,119 times
Quote:
It's just about "how" you think and approach women.

I may be a little harsh here, I'm just thinking about how young guys think and how they approach women.

Just try to respectful is all I'm saying.

I'm not trying to be a dyck here to you. Really.

Chowhound, well.. to be quiet honest I don't really see exactly how you helped?

How would you go up to a woman, and react in the same situation the OP did?
How could you have handled it better?

I know I would probably feel the sameway as the OP.. I mean serious what is with some of these woman who can't even be respectful these days, and allow a guy to have a chance.. I mean seriously your going to call a guy creep simply because he found you attractive as you walked by, and you wanted to say Hi, and maybe lead it to more, like a nice date.. but no.. Your a creep..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships