Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 06:01 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times

Advertisements

It just depends for me. I have an ex boyfriend who wasn't a great boyfriend I mean he was sweet and all but he didn't make a lot of money he wasn't always that smart and he didn't even have health insurance which I'm sorry these are things that I need in a husband He is more like a girlfriend to me I have ex boyfriends that I kind of delight in seeing the seething jealousy that there current wives send out since my husband for all his faults is very able to get past this issue I take it on a case by case basis as far as friends with ex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 07:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
What is the deal with that? Seriously! I understand if there are kids involved to the level of going to events for kids but beyond that...?

I mean is it really that hard to make NEW friends that you have not slept with yet or what? There are tons of people out there yet people have to go hang out with an ex and act like its nothing?

It IS nothing. There's nothing going on between my ex and I--she even has another boyfriend. But she still lives here and I pay the majority of the expenses--since I make about twice as much as she does, it's only fair.

That doesn't mean I'm all that interested in spending time with her--although I'll politely listen if she speaks to me, I much prefer to spend my time by myself. She thinks of me as a friend, but I do not think of her in that way.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:28 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times
I am friends with lots of my ex-boyfriends! I have gone to their engagement parties, weddings, you name it! I don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm not intersted in any of them anymore and vice versa, so what's the big deal? Some of these guys I have known for 15 years!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:54 PM

564 posts, read 2,340,855 times
I don't know what it is about other people, but I want nothing to do with my ex'es. The whole reason they're an ex is because I didn't want to be around them anymore.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:50 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,412,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
What is the deal with that? Seriously! I understand if there are kids involved to the level of going to events for kids but beyond that...?

I mean is it really that hard to make NEW friends that you have not slept with yet or what? There are tons of people out there yet people have to go hang out with an ex and act like its nothing?
I can't understand that if they split up on bad terms, but as far as me and my ex, we still hang out every chance we get. The reason is simple: We entered the marriage as friends, and we divorced as friends. Why would I suddenly stop being friends with her just because she's my ex?

Old 11-29-2009, 09:56 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
I never felt like dealing with the ex...now, I felt like running some down, but never hanging out with them!

Old 11-29-2009, 09:57 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,581 times
Hanging out with ex meaning when there's no date to have on a lonely night, and the ex becomes your date? That is definitely not for me. I know a lot of people do it, and my ex tried to do it with me but after one dinner date, I'd had enough. No thanks.

I don't know why people hang out with their ex on a regular basis aside from meeting them because kids are involved. To me, hanging out means spending your precious time with them. If they need me for an emergency, I'll be there for them to assist because I care about them as human beings. But other than a rare get-together for a good purpose (catching up may be one of them if I haven't seen them for eternity), regular hangouts are not what I consider desirable.

I'd just rather move on.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I never felt like dealing with the ex...now, I felt like running some down, but never hanging out with them!

LOL!!! OMG!!! I swear you are like one of my favorite people!!! Girl, you are always cracking me up with this kind of stuff!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
LOL!!! OMG!!! I swear you are like one of my favorite people!!! Girl, you are always cracking me up with this kind of stuff!!!
Awww, you are too sweet! It is a good thing you moved far, far away from me...we would be trouble!

Have you seen that bumper sticker and magnet that reads "Sometimes I miss my ex but my aim is getting better"?? I love that one!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Awww, you are too sweet! It is a good thing you moved far, far away from me...we would be trouble!

Have you seen that bumper sticker and magnet that reads "Sometimes I miss my ex but my aim is getting better"?? I love that one!

LOL! Love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships