Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:45 AM

951 posts, read 1,806,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Apparently I cant keep a relationship going for more then 3 weeks (my longest relationship) and it seems like every girl Im interested in only "wants to be friends" (a very poor excuse btw because after I try to talkthe mas a friend the yall ignore me) or they in a very sublte and cowardly way tell me to eff off and never talk to them again

I always check out girls who I'd be interested in but I dont bother talking to them because I know they won't like me, I feel like Im not good enough for any girl and that no girl wants me.

I've decided to just give up on love as dating has become too painful as I see all these undeserving men get all the girls I like.
Things will get worse. Once the ones you like are all spoken for, guess who will then be after you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 08:17 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,888,020 times
Okay, red flag. Questioning your sexuality is a another matter just because your having bad luck with dating lately. Create a grid with the last 3 girls you interacted with so you can see if you have a unsuccessful dating pattern. I know it's hard but HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. If you feel it's not going to work then it won't work. Then ask yourself what types of women you are pursuing. Are you, like the thug dudes, going after the video model (video ho) or are you seeking someone who's cute, sweet, and down to earth? Only you know the answers to that question. If you are a nice guy develop a backbone too. I had a good guy friend who was a nice guy but he was so nice I think he lost the respect factor and a woman has to respect you if your dating is going to go further (unless you meet a controlling, bossy chick who just wants to control some man). Example if you called her twice and she hasn't called back, don't call the chick anymore. She saw your number and she didn't call you. Quit stalking her.Think positive. Change your environment and socialize with other people who like to do what you do and you will meet more cool people. Hope your not trying to find love in the club.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:22 AM

440 posts, read 1,026,860 times
Give up?!?!??!?!? Don't give up on love, thats just silly!

Old 12-01-2009, 05:52 PM

68 posts, read 128,892 times
Seriously, I have absolutely given up on finding anyone, no joke. I am a 28 y/o man and haven't even had one g/f in my entire life. I used to think that this was due to a lack of self-confidence/esteem due to my abusive childhood and also because I was formerly in a military town while in my early 20s. Well, I've lived in Colorado Springs, CO for going on five years now and STILL haven't been able to find a single lady. I have tried the online dating, going out, etc, but it has all failed because all I seem to encounter are Army/Air Force wives in this town. The few that are single don't seem to be interested in me. Maybe I am just ugly I suppose. As my mother and others have said before, life isn't fair. That's for sure.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:55 PM

62 posts, read 165,252 times
I have learned my lesson in the game of love....now it is looking more like a business proposal.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:10 PM

805 posts, read 1,505,270 times
Love and dating are a lot harder to attain than in past generations. Here are the reasons I believe why:

There is less and less pressure these days to get married. Compared to the 50's and prior when it was required to be married to be accepted as normal. You were literally an outcast if you remained unmarried. Society would not accept you.

Back in the old days, everyone you meet is either already married, too young to get married, or single and available. Everyone who was available was a potential, because everybody wanted to date and fall in love if they hadn't already!

The norms have changed. More and more people, young to old, are finding it difficult to find Mr or Ms Right as a result. Who is available to get married HAS CHANGED.

So today, it's a matter of sifting thru a lot of dirt to find the gold. Kiss a lot of frogs, move to a new location, tap into a brand new market, to find someone.

People who actually WANT to fall in love, or get married today have to look a lot harder and smarter than ever before.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,361,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Apparently I cant keep a relationship going for more then 3 weeks (my longest relationship) and it seems like every girl Im interested in only "wants to be friends" (a very poor excuse btw because after I try to talkthe mas a friend the yall ignore me) or they in a very sublte and cowardly way tell me to eff off and never talk to them again

I always check out girls who I'd be interested in but I dont bother talking to them because I know they won't like me, I feel like Im not good enough for any girl and that no girl wants me.

I've decided to just give up on love as dating has become too painful as I see all these undeserving men get all the girls I like. I've tried to develop who I am and change things for the better but like everything else it has backfired. People are starting to think Im gay because of my horrible luck with women and thats making me question my own sexuality now

I'm just curious has anybody ever given up on love and became celibate like what I'm planning on doing?
never say never.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:25 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,194,116 times
Funny, I always seem to attract women and I usually ignore them. I've never really "tried" either. I always seem to end up with the nymphos LOL, it's all really overrated IMO. Let things roll naturally and all ends up good.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 9,103 times
Hiya! You shoudn't give up on love! Love is what keeps the world go round! it make you happy all the time.. Be yourself always, no pretentions that's the secret of love.. :-) Continue to search for that someone who will make you happy... Hey! a friend of mine recommended this site http://www.clickhere-perfectmatch.com try checking it out... I made friends myself.. Thanks! and Cheers!

Old 01-02-2010, 01:37 PM

391 posts, read 511,652 times
I've given up on actively pursuing a relationship. I have lots of love: God, family, my friends. You don't need to "have someone" to be happy. I think dwelling on it just makes you miserable. Many people don't get the choice to be single and happy. I just think you can be both. Love is out there in many shapes and forms. Don't let others opinions dishearten you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships