U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-01-2011, 10:02 PM

23,933 posts, read 19,751,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I guess I can't relate to it... A thread like "how come white folks" wouldn't be of any interest to me, unless it's funny.

I've never seen one of those threads, anyway..........

Old 02-01-2011, 11:08 PM

3,458 posts, read 3,546,802 times
My profile shows my true facade.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:11 AM

159 posts, read 139,707 times
[SIZE=3]Would you believe I have a bone to pick with this bird? Over here in Virginia they have emu farms. Well this guy made a run for the gate and escaped. How long ago is anyone’s guess. Anyway to make a long story short a year ago I went into the woods looking for a good place to post for the upcoming deer hunt. I started walking up into the woods on this road, carrying a concealed weapon (licensed of course). I came to bend in the road and saw a pair of legs sticking down from in front of an overhanging pine tree that was bent over. I walked quietly up to in (the curious person that I am) and pushed the tree up. Well he looked at me and I at him and my “fight or flight” took over. When I was running down the path I was trying to restle the gun out of my holster. At this time it was underneath my coat and thinking please God don’t let this thing go off I will blow my leg off. I thought “tree, run and get behind a tree” . I got to the tree and unfortunately there was barbed wire in front of it (just my luck). I turned and fired 3 rounds missing him but he turned and ran about 10 yards and stopped. You can see what he was thinking, “No I am going back to finish the job”. He turned back towards me and charged. I fired 5 more rounds as he ran past me into the brush. After calming down I got out of the woods at 7:30 am. I got there at 7 am. I spoke with the warden and he said he has been there a few years and wants him off the property. This is public property provided for the hunting public. Well as an update I went turkey hunting this past fall and wouldn’t you know it? I flushed that dam bird again but couldn’t get a clear shot at him with my shotgun. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]They say the 3rd time is a charm. Next year I am coming home with an awfully big turkey.[/SIZE]

Old 02-02-2011, 08:12 AM

8,257 posts, read 11,009,610 times
I look like a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!of course its that fat,bald God you see in statues.[Buddha?] But a God nonetheless!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:21 AM

243 posts, read 209,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I look like a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!of course its that fat,bald God you see in statues.[Buddha?] But a God nonetheless!

Fat and bald is no way to go through life Capt. Dan

Old 02-02-2011, 08:48 AM

8,257 posts, read 11,009,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommere View Post
Fat and bald is no way to go through life Capt. Dan
NOW YOU TELL ME!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:51 AM

3,536 posts, read 4,314,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Hair I can help you with. See below. Add a touch of blue and you'll be patriotic.

http://www.huskerextrashop.com/store/pc/catalog/NV-10565.JPG (broken link)

Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 AM

3,334 posts, read 3,223,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
hey us non-Caucasians don't really care either but it's hard to avoid the threads that say "how come black folks"
I hear ya. I get involved with most any American Indian thread I see. There's too much misinformation about us out there and I have to set the record straight sometimes. Too often you get these 1/3486th "Cherokees" out there talking about things they have no clue about or you get the NewAge crystal waving twinkies talking about things they have no clue about. It's frustrating.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:33 AM

2,648 posts, read 1,295,352 times
Lol, I'm 1/16 Cherokee. Growing up I had been told it was Nez Perce (spelling?) and it wasnt until my wife got heavily into the family tree thing that we found out it was Cherokee. My parents did not know either. At any rate I grew up in a small town just like the next kid and know nothing about what it is to be indian. Figure its something I'm going to look into here as I try and rediscover myself after this divorce along with a few other self improvement projects, seems like I should know something about it even if it is a small part of me. One thing that had me curious was why change to Nez Perce? Seems odd that somewhere back there someone decided to switch for whatever reason.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM

42,846 posts, read 53,342,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Lol, I'm 1/16 Cherokee. Growing up I had been told it was Nez Perce (spelling?) and it wasnt until my wife got heavily into the family tree thing that we found out it was Cherokee. My parents did not know either. At any rate I grew up in a small town just like the next kid and know nothing about what it is to be indian. Figure its something I'm going to look into here as I try and rediscover myself after this divorce along with a few other self improvement projects, seems like I should know something about it even if it is a small part of me. One thing that had me curious was why change to Nez Perce? Seems odd that somewhere back there someone decided to switch for whatever reason.
Sounds to me like it's a bit too late to make an Indian out of 1/16! Unless there are some advantages to it that is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.