Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:56 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,050,856 times

Advertisements

I don't think you're old fashioned at all! I think that's the right way to go about building a relationship with someone. If you give up the goods right away, what is left to expect through the courting process? Nothing! Waiting until the time is right for you is the best way to go about it!

Last edited by dvcgal; 11-30-2009 at 11:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 11:10 PM

951 posts, read 1,808,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I don't think your old fashioned at all! I think that's the right way to go about building a relationship with someone. If you give up the goods right away, what is left to expect through the courting process? Nothing! Waiting until the time is right for you is the best way to go about it!
Good advice but likely to fall on deaf ears, especially when many women meet a good looking alpha type who is just too good to be true. Just too much of a risk that he might slip through her fingers.

This is hardly a new phenomenon. However, in most cases, the guy has already decided to eventually look for greener pastures. Why? Because he can.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:13 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,452,710 times
Is old fashioned, like 40 years ago? well Sex back then, didn't even need a date at all. Did people even have names??

Old 11-30-2009, 11:13 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,050,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Good advice but likely to fall on deaf ears, especially when many women meet a good looking alpha type who is just too good to be true. Just too much of a risk that he might slip through her fingers.

This is hardly a new phenomenon. However, in most cases, the guy has already decided to eventually look for greener pastures. Why? Because he can.
See, that's what MOST women don't get! If you make a man wait...more often than not, he will become more interested because it's not being thrown at him. At least, that was my experience. Of course there were always those guys who wanted to move on to the next best thing, but for those that were truly interested in getting to know me, they waited and were willing to because it was not given up as easily!

Old 11-30-2009, 11:17 PM

20,629 posts, read 19,292,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I have a friend who met a girl a week ago, they had sex after their first date, and she's already spent the nite twice at his house. Am I just old fashioned for thinking this is really not a good thing? They've only known each other for a wk and are already hooking up. What do you guys really think about a woman who will have sex with you after only one date? Do you think it's fine and you would persue a relationship? I'm starting to feel really out of it because I see this a lot but I just don't agree with it. I'm not saying one has to wait for marriage, but sex with someone I just met is not an option for me. What do you all think?
Hi lilred0005,

Its a womanizers paradise. They never had it so easy.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,665,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I have a friend who met a girl a week ago, they had sex after their first date, and she's already spent the nite twice at his house. Am I just old fashioned for thinking this is really not a good thing? They've only known each other for a wk and are already hooking up. What do you guys really think about a woman who will have sex with you after only one date? Do you think it's fine and you would persue a relationship? I'm starting to feel really out of it because I see this a lot but I just don't agree with it. I'm not saying one has to wait for marriage, but sex with someone I just met is not an option for me. What do you all think?
Yo, ask your friend to watch out for hidden cams or any live tv

Old 11-30-2009, 11:45 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,342,989 times
No , it's not old fashioned.
I've dealt with 'ladies' who wanted to jump into bed ASAP. needless to say they are non issues now. Wait until you two are certain of mutual feelings before engaging in a mating ritual.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:35 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,841,583 times
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. When I was growing up somehow I learned that the last thing you do as a girl is show a guy you like him. You're supposed to act like you don't care originally. Then if you get together you always want to leave him wanting more, which means you don't give him everything you've got right off the bat. He's got to earn it, show you he cares about you as a person and not just your body. Lately I've seen a pattern, or really just an automatic lifestyle, through a guy I know. Woman after woman just gives it up right away for him. Funny thing is, it doesn't make him lose interest and walk away. He does tend to stay with them.

However, I still have the view that relationships should be slow and easygoing and hopefully romantic. It's not a friggin' race. What are you supposed to talk about when you spend 24/7 with someone right away, as these "modern" women do? What is left for men to wonder about and look forward to? Am I THAT old-fashioned? I'm not that old!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,517,690 times
Wait, sex on the first date is bad? Would you buy a new car and spoon it for months before you decide to take it for a test drive?

Seriously though, often times it's best to just keep the genitals in lockdown until you know the person.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:41 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,408,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. When I was growing up somehow I learned that the last thing you do as a girl is show a guy you like him. You're supposed to act like you don't care originally. Then if you get together you always want to leave him wanting more, which means you don't give him everything you've got right off the bat. He's got to earn it, show you he cares about you as a person and not just your body. Lately I've seen a pattern, or really just an automatic lifestyle, through a guy I know. Woman after woman just gives it up right away for him. Funny thing is, it doesn't make him lose interest and walk away. He does tend to stay with them.

However, I still have the view that relationships should be slow and easygoing and hopefully romantic. It's not a friggin' race. What are you supposed to talk about when you spend 24/7 with someone right away, as these "modern" women do? What is left for men to wonder about and look forward to? Am I THAT old-fashioned? I'm not that old!!!
Hey, I'm not that old either, I'm in my early 30s but lately I feel like my personal views/beliefs on relationships must be antiquated(sp?) because I really don't agree with what I now see going on all around me. I dated ALOT in my 20s and after a nasty breakup and a physical injury, I decided to take some time off from the dating scene. Now, I'm wary of getting back into it although I know I'm going to have to as I do look forward to meeting someone and eventually getting married. I know that everyone is an individual and each situation different but, I just can't imagine the path to a sucessful, commited LTR has to be reached by initially having sex with someone I barely know. I have NO problems with sex but I've got to feel secure in a committed LTR before I can really let loose. The way I was raised, I was always told women who give it up so easily are not respected and respect is vital to ANY relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships