U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: When you see someone flirting in the company of their s/o do you assume their relationship is lackin
Yes 9 42.86%
No 12 57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:30 PM

2,637 posts, read 2,737,935 times

Advertisements

It's all about showing Respect, not about self gratification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 02:35 PM

6,764 posts, read 13,975,787 times
It seems rude to me. You are out with your boyfriend/girlfriend or spouse. Why do you need to flirt with someone else?

It would not be nice to be the other person watching your SO flirting.

If other people tolerate this in their relationships, that's their business. I know I wouldn't like it nor would my husband.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,053,039 times
Well, that makes sense. I've been in a relationship where my s/o's flirting lead to other things so I guess I'm a little gun shy.

Then again, there's the other side of flirting. Someone takes it seriously and responds and the flirt doesn't know how to get out of it or maybe likes it too much and, before you know it, one thing leads to another. I've been on that end too. Didn't mean for it to go anywhere but it did. So, I have a lot of gun-shyness going on where flirting is concerned.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:10 PM

15,410 posts, read 14,724,274 times
If I was out with my SO, and he felt the need to flirt in front of me, I would get my feelings hurt. I`m talking about the real live flirting going on, not his mouth to me, about how Hot she is, etc.
I think its disrespectful!

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 12-01-2009 at 04:19 PM..

Old 12-01-2009, 04:16 PM

25,207 posts, read 19,059,299 times
To me there is someone wrong if you feel the need to flirt with someone right in front of SO.

I'm not a jealous guy at all ,seriously I'm not, but I wouldn't be with someone that did that.

I don't know if I buy the whole Oh, that just his or her "personality." We know when we're being flirty or not.

Last edited by Chowhound; 12-01-2009 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: ty po

Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 PM

45,144 posts, read 57,085,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I have a simple yes or no question about flirting. When I see someone flirting in the company of their date or s/o, I always think they (the flirt) feel they're missing out on something, that it would take very little for them to take it a step further. And if I were with the flirt, I might feel a little humiliated or insecure--I don't know, I'm guessing.

Yet, I know someone who honestly is an innocent flirt; they'd never take it further--if they arrive with you, they're leaving with you--but their care-free, friendly nature just comes across like this to everyone. They even appear to be flirting with elderly people. And they are.

So, my question is, when you witness someone flirting like this or they're flirting with you while with someone else, do you assume there's something wrong with their relationship?
Nope. Some people are just naturally more outgoing, gregarious or flirtaous, but that doesn't mean their relationship is lacking anything at all.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:02 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,053,039 times
Oh gawd. I'm somewhere between lovesmountains and chowhound. I'm so confused!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:46 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,403,264 times
Can I have a "maybe" answer added in there?

Really, I think that with a lot of people, it's just their personalities, so I don't think too much of it. But, there is a line, and once that line is crossed, then I know that person has issues. When that happens, I just slowly back away - and then run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships