Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 03:32 PM

9 posts, read 15,449 times

Advertisements

I know everyone has different opinions on this. I would like to throw this out to the group and see what people have to say. What is YOUR definition of promiscuity? I know some will say, its different for men, for women, etc...and that is fine. I am just curious to hear what people have to say on this topic. What is promiscuous to you? I am not attacking or judging anybody's sexuality, or their preferences....just to cover my tail...I am not judging anybody....just curious of your perspectives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 03:45 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate09 View Post
I know everyone has different opinions on this. I would like to throw this out to the group and see what people have to say. What is YOUR definition of promiscuity? I know some will say, its different for men, for women, etc...and that is fine. I am just curious to hear what people have to say on this topic. What is promiscuous to you? I am not attacking or judging anybody's sexuality, or their preferences....just to cover my tail...I am not judging anybody....just curious of your perspectives.
I think Websters definition says it best - "indiscriminate" and "not restricted to one sexual partner". Promiscuity is NOT different for men or women - it just is what it is.

Our society in general has suffered because of the current trend to redine things to fit our particular situations - so I recommend sticking with the dictionary.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:47 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
It's probably like driving. Anyone who goes slower than we do is a moron/prude, and anyone going faster is a maniac/slattern.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:53 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,460,444 times
When you can get it on credit????

Old 12-01-2009, 04:04 PM

12,953 posts, read 13,663,665 times
My roommate was a wh*** but I was just promiscuous. The difference is he went out on the prowl every night and I stayed at the apartment and let them come to me. Looking back , Neither of us was very choosy.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:18 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,198,797 times
promiscuous?
sleeps around with lots and lots of different people
and also is not monogamous

And no, it is NOT different for men and women. I hate double standards. Nothing is more disgusting than a guy who says it's OK for him to sleep around, and for him to have slept with dozens and dozens of women, but he wants to be with a woman who doesn't sleep around, and who is faithful to him. Sheesh. What part of "hypocrite" and "d1ckhead" and "loser" does he not understand?

Old 12-01-2009, 09:43 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,412,862 times
I read this earlier today..

"I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy sleeps with a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl sleeps with just two guys in a year, she's a s...( - word I can't say on here, but it rhymes with lut.) So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a crappy lock. That shut her up."

Hey, I thought it was funny.. completely off base, but funny.

My definition of promiscuity is simple: It's someone who sleeps around with many people, disregarding the negative effects that it has for themselves. People that do this, generally, in my opinion, have a very low feeling of self-worth.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:36 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
I define it as indiscriminate and easy.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:42 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate09 View Post
"promiscuity" - is anytime genitals, other than your own, are in you, your hands, or your mouth. (and vise versa)

Old 12-02-2009, 10:31 AM

951 posts, read 1,810,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's probably like driving. Anyone who goes slower than we do is a moron/prude, and anyone going faster is a maniac/slattern.
In a nutshell, I like this defn.

However................promiscuity........

Women who repeatedly use sex very early in a "relationship" to attempt to form a lasting bond, usually unsuccessfully.

Men who cannot be satisfied with the woman in their life and are constantly on the make or using the services of pros to give them the variety they crave.

The Old Time Bible Hour version had been laid to rest long ago.

Occasional cheating by eather party may be reprensible - depending on the circumstances - but its not necessarily promiscuity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships