U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-06-2009, 11:43 AM

28,011 posts, read 22,259,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
Doesn't matter what Elin did or did not do. He broke a promise. If things weren't going well in the marriage, he had an obligation to try and fix it -- within the bounds of marriage.

Marriage is about keeping your word even when it's not convenient.
Absolutely correct. Unless you have some sort of a Will Smith/Jada Pinkett understanding of "open marriage", you married under the premise that you would be faithful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 12:49 PM

3,080 posts, read 2,179,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That is funny. I think he is sort of odd-looking, like someone took some silly putty, rolled it over a photo of a normal person and then stretched it out sideways.
It's not that- it's the fame. Add the money and the guy could look like anything. But even a minute amount of fame without money can do it. Something scary happened on an online forum where a guy that was on national tv for 15 minutes joined. He's not a pretty guy, but he's had every manner of invitation, flirting, stalker-speak, people offering their daughters up to him, etc. Crazy chit.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:44 PM

1,222 posts, read 2,322,591 times
Quote:
That's kind of lame, though. It says that the provision of sex is the most important part of their marriage to him, and that if it happens that they are going through a low period--maybe she's consumed with the baby--that's what happens when you have children, ya know--instead of seeing what he can do to make her world easier because he supposedly loves her, it's OK for him to just go out boink someone else?

That's not a man, that's a teenager.
That is just the way men are. They like variety and no amount of love and marital sex is going to change that. It is just their nature. Monogamy is really unrealistic.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:45 PM

1,222 posts, read 2,322,591 times
Quote:
That is funny. I think he is sort of odd-looking, like someone took some silly putty, rolled it over a photo of a normal person and then stretched it out sideways.
No, he is fine and has a nice bod. Just imagine what else!! He looks even better to those women when he pulls out his wallet!

Old 12-06-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
No, he is fine and has a nice bod. Just imagine what else!! He looks even better to those women when he pulls out his wallet!
A fat wallet goes a long way to adding Instant Handsome to a man.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
That is just the way men are. They like variety and no amount of love and marital sex is going to change that. It is just their nature. Monogamy is really unrealistic.
I don't know. I used to wish like crazy that my husband would meet someone else. He drank, used drugs, gambled heavily and wouldn't work steadily, but as far as I know he didn't cheat.

He also wouldn't eat the poison mushrooms, so I had to divorce him.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:07 PM

4,805 posts, read 5,488,040 times
Quote:
Awwww...the poor wittle men.

It's completely unrealistic to expect them to behave with a modicum of moral decency especially after they make a promise to do so. I mean, everybody knows that self control, restraint, fidelity, and honesty are gendered traits....

Old 12-06-2009, 09:17 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,951,475 times
Quote:
He also wouldn't eat the poison mushrooms, so I had to divorce him.
Eh, life in prison is pretty carefree with everything provided for ya, but it's still nicer in the low-security jail out!

Old 12-06-2009, 09:18 PM

11,000 posts, read 7,217,137 times
Quote:
Men do love variety, but that's why nature gave them a wide imagination. So that when they feel like going after another woman they see somewhere when they are already married, they can stop themselves and instead go to their wife to release their desires. He knows that other women are not important. He knows why he got married and that when he was single he had enough experiences with women to last him a lifetime and beyond. The problem with cheating men, is that somewhere along the way , he thought "F it!, My wife doesn't deserve my fidelity". He might of been mad at her about something, or felt wronged someway, or felt unimportant to her, who knows. But he made a choice to cheat, and that is the problem. He knew he should of kept his zipper closed, but went ahead and disregarded it, almost like a defiance. Men do not cheat because they want sex. They cheat because they are angry about something. Sex is just the tool they use to get even.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:31 PM

45,157 posts, read 57,153,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Men do love variety, but that's why nature gave them a wide imagination. So that when they feel like going after another woman they see somewhere when they are already married, they can stop themselves and instead go to their wife to release their desires. He knows that other women are not important. He knows why he got married and that when he was single he had enough experiences with women to last him a lifetime and beyond. The problem with cheating men, is that somewhere along the way , he thought "F it!, My wife doesn't deserve my fidelity". He might of been mad at her about something, or felt wronged someway, or felt unimportant to her, who knows. But he made a choice to cheat, and that is the problem. He knew he should of kept his zipper closed, but went ahead and disregarded it, almost like a defiance. Men do not cheat because they want sex. They cheat because they are angry about something. Sex is just the tool they use to get even.

I can't agree - not all men who cheat are angry about something.

And some men really do cheat just for the sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships