U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-03-2009, 11:04 AM

8,183 posts, read 11,240,317 times
I worked customer service for years and then with the general public in a local government office....and I know exactly where you're coming from.

If people only knew what we said about them when they left, they'd rethink how they approached the clerk.

We always knew that the more the person erupted the less they had a leg to stand on. I'd always let them blow until they made it personal. Once that happened, they got the manager.

It was the ones that came in what we called "deadly calm". Those people are scarier than the blowhards. They were right, they knew it and weren't going to leave until it was handled or had someone's head on a platter.

Then you have the posers...the ones showing off for others. They are going to "show" them how it's "done". Those get laughed about the most.

In the government office...I worked for the county and part of my job was taking payments for parking tickets....oh the stories of stupid people I could tell...but I digress...so this blowhard (with his buddies of course) comes in just a carrying on about this ticket...READ IT he screams..I do and look at him....WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT!! I said...I'm going to give you directions to the City office, because they were the ones that gave you the ticket not us.

I am so glad I don't work with the general public any more.....blessings to those who do...keep the sense of humor.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 11:40 AM

440 posts, read 572,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I worked customer service for years and then with the general public in a local government office....and I know exactly where you're coming from.

If people only knew what we said about them when they left, they'd rethink how they approached the clerk.

We always knew that the more the person erupted the less they had a leg to stand on. I'd always let them blow until they made it personal. Once that happened, they got the manager.

It was the ones that came in what we called "deadly calm". Those people are scarier than the blowhards. They were right, they knew it and weren't going to leave until it was handled or had someone's head on a platter.

Then you have the posers...the ones showing off for others. They are going to "show" them how it's "done". Those get laughed about the most.

In the government office...I worked for the county and part of my job was taking payments for parking tickets....oh the stories of stupid people I could tell...but I digress...so this blowhard (with his buddies of course) comes in just a carrying on about this ticket...READ IT he screams..I do and look at him....WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT!! I said...I'm going to give you directions to the City office, because they were the ones that gave you the ticket not us.

I am so glad I don't work with the general public any more.....blessings to those who do...keep the sense of humor.
Oh we have a sense of humor here! lol We started playing "not it" when we see people coming in who usually complain haha. Being the supervisor I end up dealing with it anywoo, but it lightens things up. lol

Old 12-03-2009, 11:45 AM

2,637 posts, read 2,668,948 times
We complain about Public servants, and costumer Service people all the time. we wonder why they took those jobs, and how they keep them. DPS, and the Post office are the worse. It's obvious they look down on us, and are full of their "power" ---Being the kind of guy I am, I make them work for it. I have fun with them. rude people are like bullies, and I hate a bully.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:18 PM

12,501 posts, read 8,676,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
Alright people, lets forget that I work in customer service as my job is no where near the problem.

The problem is RUDE PEOPLE!!! Why cant people in general be kind? Have people all lost respect for one another? Are manners out the window?

Being in customer service is just one way out of many that I see all of people true colors.

Howdy Ablees8951...

When i go into the big town to get some vittles, bread, milk, etc.
I treat folks with Respect, just like i appreciate their treating me with Respect.

'What goes around, comes around'.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Howdy Ablees8951...

I treat folks with Respect, just like i appreciate their treating me with Respect.

Very wise words, and I wish you well. Enjoy the Holidays.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:44 PM

12,501 posts, read 8,676,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Very wise words, and I wish you well. Enjoy the Holidays.

ThankYou,

Have a Beautiful Day Bro, & ALL the other Good Folks...

Old 12-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Nice folks are a pleasure.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:08 PM

440 posts, read 572,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Howdy Ablees8951...

And for that I'm sure people appreciate it! I know I would!

Old 12-03-2009, 02:46 PM

7,250 posts, read 6,552,050 times
Hrm. I can be the nicest person you'll ever meet or if provoked and instigated, a person you'll just wish would freaking LEAVE! LOL

I will approach very nicely, I will say hi and I take a genuine interest when I ask how someone is or how their day is going - I am one of the people that does not just ask it to fill in empty air because it's socially 'what you do.' I take an interest in people, people do interest me. I am generally BUBBLY - - however, for those in sales, you know what "mirroring" is. . . if someone starts slinging poo attitude in my eye, all is FAIR.

Not to my clients though - they pay my bills. With them, I will eat my yard of shoeet a day. Two if I must. I know which side of my bread is buttered!

Old 12-03-2009, 03:38 PM

4,506 posts, read 4,522,825 times
I wouldn't be so rude if people were not so stupid and annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships