U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-02-2009, 12:53 PM

440 posts, read 589,387 times

Advertisements

I work in customer service (in banking to be more exact) and I deal with rude people all day long! People walk in noticeably miserable which immediately puts a strain on the conversation. I mean people need to stop walking out of their house in such a bad mood. Its like nobody thinks about how their poor attitudes affect people they have to communicate with throughout the day. Im super friendly, I help people in anyway I can, I know my clients very well, and there is no reason people need to come in with a chip on their shoulders.

I know that I'm not like this. If I'm in a bad mood I remind myself that its not anyone elses problem so I am pleasant to people I come into contact with.

A couple things that are rude when your in public...

1. If you are being helped by someone (at a store, a bank, a mall, anywhere), DO NOT stand there on your cell phone and act as though your life is more important then everyone around.

2. If you are going through a drive thru (bank, fast food, whatever) and the person at the window greets you, take a second to acknowledge that kind person and say hello, even try asking how they are doing!!! It will be a very nice simple gesture.

3. If you actually think that it is ok to yell and throw a tantrum in public to get your way (whether it be fees, a return you'd like to make, you dont like your food at a restaurant, again whatever it is) then you need to go seek help. Docs have pills for everything now-a-days, I'm sure they have something to level you out.

Now I understand that we all have our bad days, but I feel like we should take a second look at ourselves before we walk out of our homes and think, should I be out in public today? If you have to think about it then just do everyone a favor and stay at home!

I've been in customer service for 7 years and it continues to get worse and worse. Sure I can't please every person who comes in, BUT people dont need to come in p%ssed off before I say "hello" lol

Am I crazy? Do you guys notice this too? Are you in customer service or no? Are you this angry person? BE HONEST! LOL

BTW, when I say "you" its not specifically "YOU" lol just people in general.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 12:57 PM

8,067 posts, read 9,225,351 times
These people are a chore to be around. Whiny, high-maintenance, attention seekers.

I will never wear my frustrations on my sleeve because I hate when that kind of thing invades my personal space. I'll vent in private with a good friend if I need to, otherwise, you wouldn't be able to tell there is anything bothering me.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 PM

2,637 posts, read 2,734,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
I work in customer service (in banking to be more exact) and I deal with rude people all day long! People walk in noticeably miserable which immediately puts a strain on the conversation. I mean people need to stop walking out of their house in such a bad mood. Its like nobody thinks about how their poor attitudes affect people they have to communicate with throughout the day. Im super friendly, I help people in anyway I can, I know my clients very well, and there is no reason people need to come in with a chip on their shoulders.

I know that I'm not like this. If I'm in a bad mood I remind myself that its not anyone elses problem so I am pleasant to people I come into contact with.

A couple things that are rude when your in public...

1. If you are being helped by someone (at a store, a bank, a mall, anywhere), DO NOT stand there on your cell phone and act as though your life is more important then everyone around.

2. If you are going through a drive thru (bank, fast food, whatever) and the person at the window greets you, take a second to acknowledge that kind person and say hello, even try asking how they are doing!!! It will be a very nice simple gesture.

3. If you actually think that it is ok to yell and throw a tantrum in public to get your way (whether it be fees, a return you'd like to make, you dont like your food at a restaurant, again whatever it is) then you need to go seek help. Docs have pills for everything now-a-days, I'm sure they have something to level you out.

Now I understand that we all have our bad days, but I feel like we should take a second look at ourselves before we walk out of our homes and think, should I be out in public today? If you have to think about it then just do everyone a favor and stay at home!

I've been in customer service for 7 years and it continues to get worse and worse. Sure I can't please every person who comes in, BUT people dont need to come in p%ssed off before I say "hello" lol

Am I crazy? Do you guys notice this too? Are you in customer service or no? Are you this angry person? BE HONEST! LOL

BTW, when I say "you" its not specifically "YOU" lol just people in general.
You won't like this, and I don't mean it as harsh as it sounds, but you are paid to be nice, (costumer servcie) your costumers are not.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 PM

4,928 posts, read 4,622,484 times
I believe it is some people's mission in life to be rude and miserable. Their sole purpose is to inflict their nastiness onto others. Nothing you can do will please them, they will never be satisfied.

Such a sad way to live and if you notice, these people always look MUCH older than they really are.

Year-round Scrooges....bah humbug!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:04 PM

6,753 posts, read 14,888,264 times
I agree with the OP.. there is no reason to be hateful to other people.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:07 PM

440 posts, read 589,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
You won't like this, and I don't mean it as harsh as it sounds, but you are paid to be nice, (costumer servcie) your costumers are not.
Its not about being paid to be nice. Its about having enough decency to be kind to people when you are out in public.

I would feel this way whether I was in customer service or not. Now-a-days people are just rude. Its the way society is, and my point is that people need to check there attitudes and anger issues at the door when they leave their homes.

And my pay stays the same whether I want to be rude or not. I choose to be friendly, my problems aren't anyone elses. I'm simply making a point.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 PM

I couldn't agree more. there is never an excuse for bad manners. ---but when you take a job in costumer service, you know going in that you will be dealing with people that are already upset, or they would not be coming to You. so part of your job is to make them feel at ease, not to compound their problems.--It's the job, do it.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:11 PM

4,928 posts, read 4,622,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
I couldn't agree more. there is never an excuse for bad manners. ---but when you take a job in costumer service, you know going in that you will be dealing with people that are already upset, or they would not be coming to You. so part of your job is to make them feel at ease, not to compound their problems.--It's the job, do it.
Where is Twinkle Toes when you need a cap busted in someone's a**!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Where is Twinkle Toes when you need a cap busted in someone's a**!
Sorry that one went over my head. I'm a tad slow--

Old 12-02-2009, 01:20 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,505,834 times
When I was younger I worked as a shipping clerk for a UPS store. So, I got to see firsthand how NOT to treat employees at a service related business.

The only time I wear a frown is when someone is peddling outside of the supermarket or a big box store. I donate plenty of money in other ways, I don't need to be guilted into buying yet another box of crappy boy scout popcorn. Five is plenty. I put a big frown on my face to keep those little urchins away!

Just kidding :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships