Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:33 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
Some ladies in the office were standing around our corporate receptionist and gushing over her new short haircut. She went really drastic and cut off a foot of her hair. Now she has a short pixie.

The women were all saying that they loved the new haircut but their husbands would never let them get their hair cut so short. One woman said, "my husband insists that I keep my hair long."

On the other hand my wife wants me to cut my hair shorter and would prefer I got a buzz cut. So to keep her happy, I have a barber cut it shorter than I would normally prefer.

So, what do you think? Should a spouse have any control over how long or short you keep your hair?
no more than what sports to watch, or what beer to drink.

I feel sorry for your co-workers though; i thought they abolished slavery in 1865.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 AM

195 posts, read 293,512 times
I disagree with most of the comments so far. While the final decision on how to dress, cut their hair and what type of personal style one has is the individual themselves, I believe that the person's spouse should have a large impact in the decision. If I were a woman and wanted my husband attracted to me and thus would make me feel sexy, I would seriously consider his wishes in my haircut, clothes and makeup. Who else is going to be looking at you the most?

Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
you aren't disagreeing ?
you're saying that they are entitled to their opinion, and you value their thoughts, but the final choice is personal.

that's what everyone else has said.

my g/f has been thinking about getting her hair cut, she's been looking at pictures of potential styles, and asking if i think she would suit it, i can offer a "yes, you'd look great", or an "OMG, what planet are you on ?"

however, i don't have the right to say "NO WAY are you getting it done like that !"

Quote:
I disagree with most of the comments so far. While the final decision on how to dress, cut their hair and what type of personal style one has is the individual themselves, I believe that the person's spouse should have a large impact in the decision. If I were a woman and wanted my husband attracted to me and thus would make me feel sexy, I would seriously consider his wishes in my haircut, clothes and makeup. Who else is going to be looking at you the most?

Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
I think they cn give an opinion but no one is going ot tell me I have to cut mine. Im the one who has to live with it, not them.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:16 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
My hair is very long and my DH keeps telling me I should cut it shoulder length to see how it looks. I haven't done it, nor do I plan to, so I'm going to go w/, "no".

Old 12-03-2009, 07:23 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
If I were a woman and wanted my husband attracted to me and thus would make me feel sexy, I would seriously consider his wishes in my haircut.
I like long hair on a man. My bf just got a buzz cut. I dont find him any less attractive or sexy. I am attracted to the total package.

What if you were a woman and you husband went bald, would you no longer find him attractive?

My aunt always had long hair. She wanted to cut it short but my uncle did not want her to as he liked long hair. she did it anyway and in retaliation he shaved his head slicker than a cue ball.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:02 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
I normally keep my hair short--so she isn't going to see me with longer hair. Other than that? I really don't care--so if she wants to give input on whether I have a beard or mustache or stay clean shaven, I see no harm in giving her what she likes.

As far as HER hair goes? I don't care if it's long or short, actually. But I've never had a woman with short hair complain that I was on her hair.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I keep my hair longish (a couple of inches below my shoulders), and I know my husband prefers long hair. But he also complains about long hairs in the tub, on the counter, on our wood floors (which he cleans), in his face when we snuggle, on his clothes ...

Old 12-03-2009, 08:14 AM

49 posts, read 84,242 times
I think the spouse/partner should have SOME say in the hair cut/style depending upon the new style.. I would want a say if my partner was dying hair like blue, or if the partner has long long hair, and had it when we met, and has for extended period of time I would wonder why the sudden change.. I wouldnt make it too much of a deal because it truly is up to that individual what they do, but it shouldnt be like going from blonde hair to red hair change without some kind of discussion..

Old 12-03-2009, 08:20 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Quote:
Me looking at myself in the mirror. LOL I hear what you are saying but if you want to cut your hair all off and that's what makes you feel good about facing the world, then that should be your choice. If my SO wanted my hair long, then he needs to wear it all day, wash it, blow dry it and style it daily too LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships