Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:07 PM

522 posts, read 1,403,406 times

Advertisements

I've never joined a dating site but somehow all but one ex I've met via the internet.

Do: Be cautious and as honest as you would be if you were to meet someone at a bar or a club.

Do: First meeting should always be in broad daylight, in a busy location.

Do: Women, carry pepper spray. Just in case.

Do: Take time to get to know the person. Have an actual conversation on the phone before meeting.

Don't: Go home or anywhere privately until you've gotten to really know the person. That means more than three dates!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,914,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
don't lie about your career
I'm really sorry Amanda....but....

I'm not a Chip and Dale dancer.

I'm sorry.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:30 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,129,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I'm really sorry Amanda....but....

I'm not a Chip and Dale dancer.

I'm sorry.
oh now i'm just disappointed

Old 12-21-2009, 09:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,914,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
oh now i'm just disappointed

Over qualified.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:32 PM

930 posts, read 2,420,003 times
Why in hell do women post photos of themselves with other guys? I don't care if it is your football playing son.

You think - potential guy will know I have body guard and won't try anything. Cool!
Guy thinks - like I want to deal with that....skip this dumaxx. <next>

Posted photo of you and your 21 yr old daughter who is a model.
You think - this will help me attract a guy (which is sadly true)
Guy thinks - threesome!!

Old 12-23-2009, 06:49 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,344,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
What are your do's and don'ts when it comes to online dating? I've met a few women online and I've learned some lessons.

I'll start off with one do and one don't

Do: Be honest. Don't post a pic of a magazine model and claim it as yourself. This irks me to no end. If you're afraid people aren't going to like you because of how you look then you have some self image issues to work on before dating anyone.

Don't: Do not reveal to much to early. I don't need to know on our first conversation that your uncle is a convicted murderer doing time. Nor do I need to know that your father passed away from caner......save this stuff for later conversations should you get that far. In those first few meetings you're getting to know each other. You know, what shows do you like what's your hobbies. You're not there to be a therapist for each other.....unless you met in a therapy chat room
I was curious to see what this thread was, but only got as far as your post.. my only contribution would be "online dating: Don't!" (although I wouldn't want my opinion to affect other people's decisions in the matter)...
however- the reason I only got to your post: do you really believe the last sentence in your 'do'? heck, all you've gotta do is read around here, comments about people who see themselves as a "10" figuring they shouldn't have to "settle" for someone who is a "5," and that blows that theory-- and doesn't mean someone who is "average" has "self-image issues to work on."
while all I know about online dating is what I read on here plus a few friends' comments, it seems people are very shallow and if you're not Mr. or Miss America then when people say they "can't find anybody" they only mean you're not their image of a "10." I'm betting plenty of people (male and female) who do the online dating thing start without any self-image hang-ups and get them because of that kind of attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships