Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:42 PM

18 posts, read 16,984 times

Advertisements

What I mean is too many people get either angry, stressed or saddened over a relationship not going well. The cases can be for many reasons ranging from your spouse becoming bored, getting cheated on, you being the cheating and wasting time beating yourself for it, less attention, etc.

I don't think there's any need to be sad about it. Whenever I ended a relationship with a boyfriend for either of the reasons stated above the next day I would go to a frat party and from that moment is like I forgot all about the ex b/f. Same went for all the other break-ups.

Not sure if this happens to anyone. You not feeling depress, confused nor even taken by surprise.

Some people takes days, weeks, months or in certain cases a couple years to recover from an already dead relationship. However, with me, none of this seems to happen. It's like I can forget the next day and go on partying if invited.
When certain ex b/f's split up with me and later on wanted to back expressing how it was a mistake that they still loved me but what can I do? I couldn't help it but just tell them the truth, that I already forgot about them and simply wasn't in love at all, not even chemistry was there. This always happens. I forgot them easily after break-ups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 09:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maffe View Post
What I mean is too many people get either angry, stressed or saddened over a relationship not going well. The cases can be for many reasons ranging from your spouse becoming bored, getting cheated on, you being the cheating and wasting time beating yourself for it, less attention, etc.

I don't think there's any need to be sad about it. Whenever I ended a relationship with a boyfriend for either of the reasons stated above the next day I would go to a frat party and from that moment is like I forgot all about the ex b/f. Same went for all the other break-ups.

Not sure if this happens to anyone. You not feeling depress, confused nor even taken by surprise.

Some people takes days, weeks, months or in certain cases a couple years to recover from an already dead relationship. However, with me, none of this seems to happen. It's like I can forget the next day and go on partying if invited.
When certain ex b/f's split up with me and later on wanted to back expressing how it was a mistake that they still loved me but what can I do? I couldn't help it but just tell them the truth, that I already forgot about them and simply wasn't in love at all, not even chemistry was there. This always happens. I forgot them easily after break-ups.
You need to give alot of advice on here then!!!

Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I suppose I may try but in the end, not many will take it. I must then have a special talent because not once did I ever got hurt in a rocky relationship going bad. It was like nothing happened at all.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Or seek therapy for some kind of detachment disorder

Old 12-04-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Tough stuff, apparently!

Old 12-04-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
So I got a disorder? Didn't know that. Interesting why would I be detach if I have many friends in college and quite popular at work too. Like relationships, if a friendship doesn't work go on to making new friends.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:08 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,462,974 times
Because back from the stone age times, Women had to experience child birth, and the high rate of infant mortality. So Nature gave them the ability to have a child, have it die, bury it, and get right on back to work, without losing their minds. Something like that would kill a Man. Only Men truly fall in love for life. Women can take it or leave it.--In my opinon.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffe View Post
So I got a disorder? Didn't know that. Interesting why would I be detach if I have many friends in college and quite popular at work too. Like relationships, if a friendship doesn't work go on to making new friends.
No, you don`t. She just meant that you are able to disconnect so easily.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Right In all seriousness, I suspect our new friend has never been head of over heels in love, that's all. Once you have deeply, passionately fallen in love with someone there is no skating off scott free - it hurts, even if you are the one doing the breaking up.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Yes that's almost happened and it's like I can simple forget a rocky relationship or friendship that didn't worked out. If an ex b/f were to again show up by my door saying he still loves me, I would have to tell him the truth and say I don't really feel anything for him.
All of my example I mentioned for causes in break-up happened and I wasn't even startled one bit.
Quote:
it hurts, even if you are the one doing the breaking up.
I would like to think that way but when I would be the one dumping, it was the same as changing to another TV channel and next day was party time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships