Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:56 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times

Advertisements

Mine tells me "I don't see the mess." (except when he feels like complaining). I just do 95% of the housework because I am unemployed, but it's endless and thankless. It also leads to an argument if I point out I do this 95%...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 07:59 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindasan View Post
When I was married, my ex never did anything around the house for me. I got used to not asking and being pretty independent. I did lawns, repairs, and all the other stuff I wasn't really good at but had no choice.

Now my BF gets angry at me for not asking for help. BUT WAIT! When I ask him, it never gets done anyway. For example, I've been asking for three weeks for him to go get the oil changed in my car. And for three weeks it hasn't gotten done. So today I went and got it done myself. Now he's mad.

Or when he asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I told him. It was nothing big - it was under $30. But I never got it. So I went out a week later and got it for myself. And he was like, "Why didn't you remind me?"

Well, duh. Am I wrong here, or have I found a frigging carbon copy of my ex? And he wonders why I won't let him move in with me....
I think you have found that carbon copy and will likely find more because at some point you have to look at what it is about you that draws this kind of individual. It may just have been your "independence" that helped him seek you out and why he wants to move in with you.

Other women put on a big dependent act, are as helpless as they can be and everything is done for them, no gift is too special and so on.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:54 AM

943 posts, read 2,280,322 times
Quote:
When I was married, my ex never did anything around the house for me. I got used to not asking and being pretty independent. I did lawns, repairs, and all the other stuff I wasn't really good at but had no choice.

Now my BF gets angry at me for not asking for help. BUT WAIT! When I ask him, it never gets done anyway. For example, I've been asking for three weeks for him to go get the oil changed in my car. And for three weeks it hasn't gotten done. So today I went and got it done myself. Now he's mad.

Or when he asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I told him. It was nothing big - it was under $30. But I never got it. So I went out a week later and got it for myself. And he was like, "Why didn't you remind me?"

Well, duh. Am I wrong here, or have I found a frigging carbon copy of my ex? And he wonders why I won't let him move in with me....
You need to dump this guy [good thing he isnt living there] and get a man with some intiative.

I take care of the car oil changing, well let drive in people do it, and I am disabled and mostly housebound woman.

Why put up with man like this, does he have a job at least?

A lot of men are looking for "mothers" to take care of everything for them. Your independence is what is bringing dudes like this around. I am facing the bad facts of getting very ill in a relationship where Ive had to take on all the responsiblities all these years and Im worn out. I stopped trying to help my spouse with all his problems, read books on codependency and stepped away but there are things I need him to do like fill out income sheets for social workers that I get tired of asking for. Find someone who has already grown up.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:11 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You know how much of a pain in the bum oil changing is

I waited 3 hours in new york, once.

Buy a used lifted 4x4 pickup. It's real easy to (crawl under with a creeper)change the oil, filter, & lube.
Takes about 30 minutes...

Save yourself a fair amount of $$$.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:16 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Buy a used lifted 4x4 pickup. It's real easy to (crawl under with a creeper)change the oil, filter, & lube.
Takes about 30 minutes...

Save yourself a fair amount of $$$.

My dad once told me that. In fact, he made me try it for myself so he could "prove" it to me.

I still take it to the garage

Old 12-06-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
My dad once told me that. In fact, he made me try it for myself so he could "prove" it to me.

I still take it to the garage

I work on my vehicles, boats, tractor, etc cuz i've been disappointed several times years ago by the shoddy work some mechanics have done...

If i don't have the tools or knowledge to do a repair then i look fer a decent mechanic, but it ain't easy to find one.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:51 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I work on my vehicles, boats, tractor, etc cuz i've been disappointed several times years ago by the shoddy work some mechanics have done...

If i don't have the tools or knowledge to do a repair then i look fer a decent mechanic, but it ain't easy to find one.

Very true! Well, I guess I know where I'm taking my car to get fixed from now on. Granted, it'll be quite the drive

Old 12-06-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Very true! Well, I guess I know where I'm taking my car to get fixed from now on. Granted, it'll be quite the drive

okie dokey.

heeheehee

Old 12-06-2009, 01:11 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Sounds like a carbon copy.

I sometimes think they do these things to get out of being asked.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:

You have some soul searching to do to figure out why you are picking the same kind of men over and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships