Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:34 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45 GUY View Post
Nope, he hasn't gotten it down right yet. It's too pretty and the gals love him too much.

You know you made it when they don't understand and don't want to listen.

Semper Fi~

Oh ok. I honestly thought IRL, that women liked adventurous, skilled guys who can handle themselves in any spot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 02:15 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times
One thing I learned in my dating life is that NOT every female will be attracted to you, and that DOESNT mean you did anything wrong. Females are just extremely picky in comparison to men, so youre just not their type. The problem is a lot of men tend to take this as rejection instead of what it really is, a bad match. Its very stressful to play the expected male role of being the approacher and humans all fear rejection. So a lot of guys get multiple "no's" in a row and this gives them a negative, lack of confidence personality. That's why the attractive guys do so well at their "game" because multiple successful approaches boosts their confidence. Its not just their attractiveness that gets them the girl, its the confidence that women love so much.

And yes theres a difference between confidence, ego, and that annoying "I'll approach anybody with a hot pickup line" thing some guys do.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:44 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
One thing I learned in my dating life is that NOT every female will be attracted to you, and that DOESNT mean you did anything wrong. Females are just extremely picky in comparison to men, so youre just not their type. The problem is a lot of men tend to take this as rejection instead of what it really is, a bad match. Its very stressful to play the expected male role of being the approacher and humans all fear rejection. So a lot of guys get multiple "no's" in a row and this gives them a negative, lack of confidence personality. That's why the attractive guys do so well at their "game" because multiple successful approaches boosts their confidence. Its not just their attractiveness that gets them the girl, its the confidence that women love so much.

And yes theres a difference between confidence, ego, and that annoying "I'll approach anybody with a hot pickup line" thing some guys do.
I am guilty of this. I always took it personal when a woman rejected me to the point whenever they tried to be friendly with me later, I'd give them a hostile look and they'd pick up on that and leave me alone.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:17 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Sigh. What's up with all these parents who turn out such winners? !
I don't think it's always parenting.

Sometimes it's just childhood or teen years. I think in many cases, there was one thing they got picked on for as a kid, that accelerated over time, and they became very jaded, and were a bit socially awkward to start with, and their treatment made it worse, since they didn't know how to react, and it snowballs upon itself. They lack confidence already, and the way others treat them makes it worse over time, which then feeds back upon itself, over, and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships