U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 10:53 PM

8,738 posts, read 8,884,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
Yes, but that's where we are different.

Insecurity on a male is perhaps the biggest turnoff to women.

Insecurity on a woman can be endearing in the sense that the man can be the 'protector'. Or to the sneaky man, insecurity can be taken advantage of purely for sexual reasons (I've never done that, but I know guys who have).
they mostly says on here they don't like it. pretty sure most of the male take advantage of this situation if the girl is very down in the dump. easy prey

Old 05-22-2012, 11:40 PM

3,632 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Yes, read my thread. And trust me, if you're 5' 3" it wouldn't matter how successful you were. Anything short of being a celebrity, famous musical phenom, or Mark Zuckerberg, and no women will give you the time of day.
Umm, maybe it's your attitude or personality??

I posted something earlier and don't see it now.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:50 PM

64,711 posts, read 54,370,225 times
Quote:

Some women won't date you because of your height.
Some women won't date you just because of your attitude, irrespective of height. The sooner you get over the "woe is me" routine, the sooner women will begin to find you interesting. I've dated a guy who was 5', because we had a lot of interests in common and he was a great guy. Keep a positive attitude. That's very attractive.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:05 AM

351 posts, read 425,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some women won't date you just because of your attitude, irrespective of height. The sooner you get over the "woe is me" routine, the sooner women will begin to find you interesting. I've dated a guy who was 5', because we had a lot of interests in common and he was a great guy. Keep a positive attitude. That's very attractive.
Sure, but obviously ShortDoctor has had some bad experiences and naturally that has an effect on someone. Easier said than done to just keep a positive attitude.

So yes, attitude can go a long way. What I'm saying is that one should be realistic and patient with their progress.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:01 AM

296 posts, read 434,955 times
Quote:
Sure, but obviously ShortDoctor has had some bad experiences and naturally that has an effect on someone. Easier said than done to just keep a positive attitude.

So yes, attitude can go a long way. What I'm saying is that one should be realistic and patient with their progress.

Thanks DrVanNostren for your advice and encouragement. I'm glad someone understands that it is a little difficult to come in with a can-do attitude when you face a lot of ugly rejections with no positive outcome in sight.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:14 AM

900 posts, read 1,360,238 times
Yes they do

Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM

19,409 posts, read 20,206,117 times
Quote:
Really? Because I did online dating for a good part of 2011 and earlier this year and none of the women I messaged responded back. Dating in real life also was no fun.
I don't think online dating is the best option for shorter guys, because yes, a lot of women will look at the stats and pass you over. It's the same thing for age. People don't want to list themselves as 41, say, because then all the people looking for 30-39 will pass them over, as well. Your height isn't going to be a bonus, but it doesn't have to be a detriment. You just need to put yourself in situations where you can win women over with your personality.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:31 AM

6,012 posts, read 9,622,064 times
Quote:
Yes, read my thread. And trust me, if you're 5' 3" it wouldn't matter how successful you were. Anything short of being a celebrity, famous musical phenom, or Mark Zuckerberg, and no women will give you the time of day.
I don't believe you are a doctor, but I do believe you are short. I am the same height (about 2 inches taller) and my advice to you is to play the numbers.

You have to find the needles in the haystack ... the women who won't care about your height. It's a minority, and you are going to have to face a lot of rejection to find them. Sorry ... it's how it is.

The same women who won't care about your height are the same women who won't care if you have a birthmark on your face or make 30K a year for the most part. I can tell which posters on CD I have a shot with and which I don't simply by what they post.

Try and do the same with women in the real world. Read into what they are saying and talk to a LOT of them.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:55 AM

4,545 posts, read 11,490,097 times
In the past three years, I have dated younger men who were tall, younger men who were bald and a short man with hair who was in my age group this year. This short man was five years older than me, had a job, home, dog, motorcycle & sportscar. Unfortunately he also had short man/Napolian syndrome. He was extremely critical of everyone, jealous of my male friends, and insecure. His cell phone never rang more than five times in front of me the whole eight weeks we were together. My xhusband is over six feet tall, my youngest son is over 5'10 at 14, my sixteen year old is 5'7' (I'm sure he's having a growth spurt today on his birthday as I type) and I'm 5'5". I've really experienced equal opportunity dating all over the board and I'll tell you what: a man's height shouldn't matter but sometimes it does if he is insecure. I prefer to date taller men 5'8 & up as I have never found them to have any inklings of that darn Napolean syndrome.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:03 AM

7,488 posts, read 5,401,706 times
Quote:
Yes, but that's where we are different.

Insecurity on a male is perhaps the biggest turnoff to women.

Insecurity on a woman can be endearing in the sense that the man can be the 'protector'. Or to the sneaky man, insecurity can be taken advantage of purely for sexual reasons (I've never done that, but I know guys who have).
It's mainly the users that are attracted to these type of women. Decent guys might put up with a needy insecure women for a while but the woman's need for constant reassurance and validation gets tiring. Not a healthy relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships