U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:29 AM

44,087 posts, read 34,701,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss90 View Post
I'm 5"8-5"9 tall ..do women date shorter guys..? or no way ..
will be interesting to hear women opinion.
Thats how tall I am and it's never been an issue (although I have met some gals that wouldn't date me due to height, no biggie, next!). Yep, there are girls that won't date guys <6'0 or generally won't....which is their personal preference.

Don't let it bother you there are plenty of gals that don't care that much about height so just don't waste your time on people who just aren't your type or vice-versa.

I think that as we get older people generally mature and give ground on physical characteristics but some don't and again there is nothing wrong with that.

The only line I draw is that I don't want to hear someone (male or female) complain about the "dating pool" being poor when they've either filtered it down to a tiny sliver with tons of hard rules or to a type of person that is frankly unlikely to date them. Hey, if people want to be picky thats great but I don't want to hear then whine about their choices.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:41 AM

1,841 posts, read 2,657,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Was once told point blank by girl who was taller than me that I would be cute if I weren't so short.
My wife and I are the same height, when she put on heels she calls me shorty, I promptly call her a 'cheater.'
my husband and I are the same height...when I put on heels..(which he loves) I am taller.

Height does play a factor because it just doesnt look right for the woman to be taller than the guy...unfortunately.

But if that was a major requirement for me I wouldve missed out on the best husband in the world.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:42 AM

19,057 posts, read 19,781,538 times
I'm 5'2", so most guys are taller than I am even if they are considered short. My first boyfriend in college was about an inch taller than me, and he was a great guy.

I think like others have said, the OPs attitude is a self-fullfilling prophecy. If you go around thinking and acting like you're unworthy, then people will treat you that way.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:57 AM

3,060 posts, read 6,460,983 times
My best friend was always really into guys that were tall (and I mean tall - like 6'3 and up). Which was odd (or so I thought anyways, as she is only 5'3). Long story short, she fell in love with and married a guy that is 5'5 and as far as she is concerned, the sun rises and sets on that boy's head!! He has a great personality and that's what she fell in love with.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,616,327 times
No

Old 12-09-2009, 09:43 AM

2,618 posts, read 4,868,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Well, I'm denying that it's in the top 3 traits that I desire. Please call me delusional or call me a liar to my face. Tell me that I don't know what I desire
Are you a woman? I'll tell you and every woman in the world that they don't know what they want. No woman has ever proven to me that they do.

You can say you want one thing, that doesn't mean you desire it. Too many women I know say they want a certain type of man but can't seem to stop dating/sleeping with the oppposite type time and time again.

You know why it takes a women so long to get ready before going out? It's not the makeup and hair and clothes...it's the fact they can't make a darn decision about anything in those areas because: THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT

Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,708,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Are you a woman? I'll tell you and every woman in the world that they don't know what they want. No woman has ever proven to me that they do.

You can say you want one thing, that doesn't mean you desire it. Too many women I know say they want a certain type of man but can't seem to stop dating/sleeping with the oppposite type time and time again.

You know why it takes a women so long to get ready before going out? It's not the makeup and hair and clothes...it's the fact they can't make a darn decision about anything in those areas because: THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT
Bitter, much? And yes I am a woman.

PS: Bashing of the sexes...

Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 AM

145 posts, read 181,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss90 View Post
I'm 5"8-5"9 tall ..do women date shorter guys..? or no way ..
will be interesting to hear women opinion.

You know, when I was a teenager and in my early twenties I wouldn't have dated a shorter guy. Now I see how silly that was!

Old 12-09-2009, 01:33 PM

3,112 posts, read 6,221,463 times
My girlfriend is taller than me when she wears heels.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:39 PM

7,713 posts, read 13,069,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post

Maybe you know the wrong type of women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships