Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:20 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,833 times

Advertisements

Never quite found those type of girls attractive. We had a few of those types working at my old work place, and the men of my age group [25] found them dull and stupid. The men over 45 were goggling at them and flirting.

OP is right. They may look good and whatnot, but they are pretty useless and dumb to maintain a long term relationship. And they can be very annoying as well. Urgh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 07:34 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Cheerleaders are usually very athletic. I think it's the use of lables that is thowing me off, like the whole "girls next door" thing. Your idea started with "The GirlS Next Door", the Playboy show, which hasn't been around all that long. Hard to imagine you are in your 30's and never heard the term "girl next door" before that.

I think the problem is that you don't like certain types of people and can't figure out why anyone else would either. But since you don't like them, and probably aren't intimate with them, you really can't know what they are like in that kind of relationship. Many people come across as shallow in public because they really don't have anything substantial to talk about with you. Maybe it's them, or maybe it's you. Who knows.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:52 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,367,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

I have talked to some girls that fit the stereotype and usually they are so DUMB!
They are like, SO dumb! (Edit: Some things aren't caught on the internet. I should clarify for you. I'm not agreeing with you. You might want to get with your cheerleader buddies to help you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

I think the problem is that you don't like certain types of people and can't figure out why anyone else would either. But since you don't like them, and probably aren't intimate with them, you really can't know what they are like in that kind of relationship. Many people come across as shallow in public because they really don't have anything substantial to talk about with you. Maybe it's them, or maybe it's you. Who knows.
Sounds about right.

People really shouldn't generalize so much. The cheerleaders in my school were also involved in most other extra curricular activities - including AP courses.

http://www.squidoo.com/nyjetscheerleaders

Here are a few snippets from the cheerleader bios..

She is currently a student at NYU, where she is pre-med, majoring in psychology.
She is currently attending Long Island University at C.W. Post, where she is working on her major in business management.
She just graduated magna *** laude from Skidmore College, where she majored in psychology and minored in dance and was a member of the highly selective Honors Forum.
She graduated from Rutgers University, where she majored in dance.
Jennifer works full-time as a teacher's assistant in addition to being a student
She is a student at St. Joseph's College in New York, majoring in early childhood education.
She went to Farmingdale State University, from where she graduated with a degree in dental hygiene, and she now works as a dental hygienist.

Or... from the Saint Louis Rams website..

http://www.stlouisrams.com/mediaContent/2009/09/25/21/angelica_74845.jpg (broken link) - She looks dumb and blonde eh?

Degree: Honors B.S. Mathematics, Honors B.A. Secondary Education

http://www.stlouisrams.com/Cheerleaders/Christa/ (broken link)

Degree: Bachelors of Science in Business Administration with emphasis in Marketing
Major: Pursuing Masters of Arts in Teaching

http://www.stlouisrams.com/Cheerleaders/Angeline/ (broken link)

Degree: BA English, BS Education, MA Literature

Last edited by td333; 12-06-2009 at 08:20 PM..

Old 12-06-2009, 08:02 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
They are like, SO dumb!
Exactly! Kendra Wilkinson is like the perfect example of the type of woman I am referring to:

“The first time I mailed something on my own, like a couple of months ago, I didn’t put a stamp on it!†Wilkinson, 23, reveals exclusively to Celebuzz. “My mom, she was like, ‘Are you serious? You didn’t put a stamp on your f*cking mail?’ I’m like, ‘Dude, I’ve never been on my own before, how am I supposed to know?’â€

“That was the biggest blonde moment of my life. It was a check too. I don’t know where it went to!â€

Old 12-06-2009, 08:19 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,367,314 times
Quote:
I am 32, I don't consider myself immature or superficial but I don't understand why so many guys go for the cheerleader type of woman.

I have talked to some girls that fit the stereotype and usually they are so DUMB! I can spot them from like miles away, they usually have no personality, they always dress the same way, talk about their dogs, celebrities, some sports team and they are so incredibly SUPERFICIAL. They all sound the same and use the same stupid language like "Oh My God"! Genius!

I can understand wanting a woman like this to have sex but wanting someone like this for a long term relationship, I can't understand it! Maybe two superficial people make the perfect superficial match, the only explanation I can come up with
Superficial - a. In terms of emotion, superficial is used in a number of ways to refer principally to a display ofemotion which is not necessarily genuine. b. A superficial, or alternatively, an "over-simplified" argument is prone to many logical fallacies: including hasty generalization,

Hasty generalization is a logical fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductivegeneralization based on insufficient evidence.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:47 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,099 times
Man I used to love Cheerleaders back in my younger days. Had a good time with a cheerleader who was a sophomore when I was a sr in high school. This girl was amazing man...to this day I believe she was worthy of Playboy. She was smart too. A short skirt and a pretty face is an easy sell. Cheerleaders have a certain perkyness to their personalities. I never recall knowing a dull cheerleader in high school, heck even the mediocre looking ones had a sex appeal and energy. And can we say FLEXIBILITY?!?! End rant and start cold shower.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:20 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Social conditioning mostly.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:42 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,121,360 times
Quote:
I am 32, I don't consider myself immature or superficial but I don't understand why so many guys go for the cheerleader type of woman.

I have talked to some girls that fit the stereotype and usually they are so DUMB! I can spot them from like miles away, they usually have no personality, they always dress the same way, talk about their dogs, celebrities, some sports team and they are so incredibly SUPERFICIAL. They all sound the same and use the same stupid language like "Oh My God"! Genius!

I can understand wanting a woman like this to have sex but wanting someone like this for a long term relationship, I can't understand it! Maybe two superficial people make the perfect superficial match, the only explanation I can come up with
I think your attitude is what is turning guys away from you. If you weren't so stereotypical and tried to get to know these "cheerleader" girls you would find they are people too. Guys dont want somebody always depressed about their looks; they want confidence.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:12 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Cute, perky, energetic, and in great shape. What's not to like?

Old 12-07-2009, 04:14 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The skirts.
What he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships