Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,816,274 times

Advertisements

lol at one point or another you and I will be an emotional vampire and we will come across many others. It is a part of everyday life. I don't know many people that are constantly enthusiastic, empathic, and self-less. Do you???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 12:58 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,816,274 times
I'm surprised she kept you around as a friend. Have you "modeled" enthusiastic, fun loving, energetic, optimistic, cheerful, and caring behaviors and attitudes?? A lot of times "friends" behave like each other.

One of the reasons why we have friends is to provide an optimistic soft place for them and to bring them out of their shell or dark place with fun and games. Otherwise it really isn't a friendship at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
i know a few people like this.. i tend to be quite blunt and un-feeling with them because its the same crap and i'm just wondering what the hell is wrong with these people..
my one friend who is a HUGE emotional vampire... I went to talk to her and all she did was *$%&^*... so I finally looked at her and said "So, what else do you have to $%^&* about today"... so she goes into another tirade about her bf of 2 years not making a commitment...

HAHA... I guess I asked for it. I walked away.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:07 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,897,484 times
mine too !! she's only happy when she's unhappy !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
My mother is toxic in her negativity. I see her several times a week. After the third negative thing that she says, I make an excuse to leave, kiss her on the cheek and go.

I think it's harder for those who have grown up in negativity to handle emotional vampires. Or at least to put their behavior into perspective. To just say or think "sucks to be you". But it is like an invisible, poison gas cloud whenever I am around folks like that.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:43 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,558,911 times
My mother in law. She sucks the energy out of a room quicker than Dracula could bleed you dry. The woman has dark powers yet unexplored. Entire cities could be laid to waste with the negative energy and evil lurking within. Toxic, emotionally barren and selfish beyond measure, a real pearl of a woman... Thank Goodness her son realises that and has little affection for the blood-sucking cow. Mind you my own mother could give her a run for her money on the selfish stakes ...

My dear MiL has managed to reach new levels previously never achieved in the history of mankind. I have reached the stage where I simply don't want to speak to her at all.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:33 AM

35,950 posts, read 30,494,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Omg I know Some...my mother, two co-workers, and one friend whom I don't see often Ha!

Zapped by Emotional Vampires - How to spot them

Anyone know people like this...and what do you do to get rid or avoid them?

Divorce them!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,692,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Don't you mean you would take the shirt off your back to give it to him?
lol either ...or...

Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
lol at one point or another you and I will be an emotional vampire and we will come across many others. It is a part of everyday life. I don't know many people that are constantly enthusiastic, empathic, and self-less. Do you???
No I guess we all are from time to time.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Divorce them!
haha...well...then....I take it your ex was a pain then?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,767,415 times
Distance, distance, distance--oh and call screening!

Old 12-07-2009, 11:20 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,686,949 times
I've known and been related to some of the worst....thought by being around them, sharing positive things, might help their outlook. Wrong. Eventually they burned me down to charcoal...eventually, with every one of them I progressed to the call screening....answer the door with a foot behind it, "Sorry, I'm really busy". I just ran out of strength and patience. Now, I simply avoid them like the plague. It's okay to have a bad day and everyone needs to vent....the ones who simply never seem to always have negative stuff to say....no matter WHAT...the constant whining about poor me, everyone screws me over,...ugh, I just can't handle it anymore. I don't have the energy. I would so much rather be around folks with a positive outlook on life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships