Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:22 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,525 times

Advertisements

One topic I can't comment on. I don't have a clue why people cheat. I don't is all I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 06:03 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,302,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Tiger Woods is said to have cheated due to feeling extremely insecure about his looks. Much is written about why men and women cheat. Insecurity, lack of moral,...?

Do men and women cheat for different reasons?
I think it depends on the individual.

I don't think I could produce a blanket statement, for why either sex does or does not, cheat. I do think that males are more driven by lust in such situations more so than females. Therefore, I think the males bear a little bit more of the responsibility for the infidelity than the females in most cases- but that is just my opinion.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:06 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,511 times
I think my ex-cheated for she thought i was controlling ..i had attitude problem and im short tempered .. however she was more controlling than i ever would be to anyone .. secondly she had an attitude problem for she didnt call me once in three months while im abroad .. although when i asked her why ? she said cuz u call everyday .. she had internet at home which got disconnected thats what she said to me ..had no webcam .. as soon as i came to this country i got things ready to stay in touch even bought a webcam and a new cell phone for her cuz she said her cell phones got wrecked..i told her to atleast come online once at the cyber cafe ..she said she cant cause its far from where she stayed :S .. she felt long distane relationships never work ..she once asked me if i would marry 2 women ..i jokingly said yes only if u think u arent good enough to keep me away from others .. thirdly she didnt trust me for my honesty was in par to her thoughts .. she always quipped our thoughts dont match and that im quite different from the other guys ..although i did everything i possibly could to make her feel secured and happy .. gifts and all .. fourthly whenever i talked about our future plans she would say im not quite ready for it and i feel uneasy about getting married :S .. no kids untill shes ready for it ..no sex even :S .. whenever i called she never said I Love U ..or Miss u ..it was me who made such comments .. the last time i had a convo ..she said im cold and not very romantic ..i said if i werent so why would i sing songs for u ..order flowers,chocolates and gifts for u from miles away .. however she might have forgotten me by now ..but why am i not being able to forgive and forget her .. i cry like a sissy every night cuz im alone at home and i feel extremely lonely ..especially in this country where u're not even allowed to mingle with women .. i cant just leave my job ! .. shes a cheat .. a ***** and a total loser for she lost a lovely person that i am .. but whom do i trust from now on .. she was hot though ..will i get someone who can erase those memories i had with her ..i believe there is ..but will i ever get justice for what she've done to me .. i've been diagnosed for mild depression ..but now im okay ..still im not being able to forget her ..thats really annoying for me and for everyone around me .. im confident but confused .. geez sorry for deflecting from the subject but i definitely need to know if she would ever suffer for wht she did to me ? ..plz help !!

Old 12-19-2009, 08:08 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,949 times
Wow Norm24x7, I'm sorry to hear what you've through. There are many women that would like a guy like that. Unfortunately you were just unlucky to get a total nasty b!$#&. What you have to do now is move on with your life and go complete NC with her. She never deserved someone like you.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:22 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,038,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Tiger Woods is said to have cheated due to feeling extremely insecure about his looks. Much is written about why men and women cheat. Insecurity, lack of moral,...?

Do men and women cheat for different reasons?

In my opinion, men cheat simply to indulge in a sexual conquest. Women however, are more complicated and therefore cheat for the following reasons: 1. Sexual conquest. 2. Emotional reasons. 3. Financial reasons.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:25 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
In my opinion, men cheat simply to indulge in a sexual conquest. Women however, are more complicated and therefore cheat for the following reasons: 1. Sexual conquest. 2. Emotional reasons. 3. Financial reasons.
This is highly suggested and almost always the case but it all boils down to one thing....... they are all excuses. There's still no excuse for it unless you cheated on a cheater to get back at him/her and then proceed on throwing them to the curb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships