Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 10:03 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,979,871 times

Advertisements

Turn in your man card immediately!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
Turn in your man card immediately!
Hanging out with a prostitute does not make a man, and I don't need "a card" to prove that I am a man.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:11 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,268 times
Don't do it, who knows what kinds of STD's they carry?

Old 08-23-2008, 10:38 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,979,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Hanging out with a prostitute does not make a man, and I don't need "a card" to prove that I am a man.
Fair enough, but you seem to be playing moral authority when you have no right. What's wrong with two consenting adults engaging in a business transaction? Yeah, I guess it could become addictive, but so could coffee and donuts. There are lot of people out there, both men and women, that would like to see prostitution legalized. I really don't care either way, but I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it. If I was a single, shy guy with some change I don't know that I wouldn't pay for it if it had been a while. We all take risks.

It's lame to try and throw in religion as well.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:47 AM

8 posts, read 24,712 times
Default Your Curiousness is driving you wild!

Your curiousness is driving you wild, what are women anyway? Put on earth to supply, from a decent and prospective way, nature is nature, our body our soul all belong to God. If you didn't start off with being married, a family, than you would be either celibate waiting for him or her. Now those that are not waiting tends to follow taking risks and chances in life. Only to reailize that just trying those things that was in the heart gives a good outcome or a bad one. It's just like a blind date, if you have never seen that man or woman you are risking and taking a chance. All I can say is this: I am single and waiting and it's all for my good. Sex is supposed to be special in regards to whomever, treating one's body with respect, along with that man or woman. My Bible say,"Whatever a man thinks in his heart so is he." Maybe you need that life experience to understand is it all for your good, was it worth it, because only you will have to deal with your own actions. Life throws many curves balls it's only for you to catch it when it comes your way! Peace!

Old 08-23-2008, 02:18 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:
I don't know how active you are in church, but that's the first place to seek comfort, rather than a prostitute.
...that's what more than a few priests have thought...

Old 08-23-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
...that's what more than a few priests have thought...
True, but remember the bad actions of a few do not represent the rest of the church, whether it's Catholic, Protestant, Pentecostal, Baptist, Methodist, or any of the Christian denominations. I was only saying that if the OP were to seek help from a Bible-based church, that adheres to the beliefs of the Old and the New Testament, then there's a chance he'll be able to overcome his temptations to obtain the services of prostitutes.

I know this is an old thread that was started in the latter part of the year, and I haven't seen the OP post any newer messages. Hopefully he put that issue to rest by not going after prostitutes.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:55 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I don't think I would want to date a guy who had to have sex so badly it didn't matter who he had it with (whether it's a prostitute or some chick at the bar). There's just something about that...

Old 08-23-2008, 04:56 PM

On a side note, I want to clarify something. In the Christian church, we do not hate prostitutes, nor do we turn away from them. We only try to help them by leading them away from that dangerous lifestyle. We have the churches that are called "The Dream Center", that are throughout the nation, but the two our church runs are in Phoenix and in Los Angeles, and were started by Pastor Tommy Barnett and his son Mathew Barnett. Over the years we have turned thousands of people away from the dangerous lifestyles they were leading, not just prostitution, but gangs, drugs, alcohol, and many other dangerous elements in our society, and they were led to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We're only doing the same thing Jesus would have done 2000 years ago.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:56 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:
True, but remember the bad actions of a few do not represent the rest of the church, whether it's Catholic, Protestant, Pentecostal, Baptist, Methodist, or any of the Christian denominations. I was only saying that if the OP were to seek help from a Bible-based church, that adheres to the beliefs of the Old and the New Testament, then there's a chance he'll be able to overcome his temptations to obtain the services of prostitutes.

Understood, but I really don't see how taking advice from one who is trained to see sin wherever they look is going to help. And I think that the actions of the churches (supposedly Catholic priests are the most numerous offenders) are indicative of the two-faced nature of the system - playing "priest shuffle" as they have in my area, where they simply send the offending priest off to a new area to minister his flock. Cover-ups, outright lies and deceit...no, hardly a trusted source for advice on "temptations".

Judging from your other posts in this thread, though, I think you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships