Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,179,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
In my country only the driver is at fault, not the owner of the car.

An accident is an accident BTW, I'd be upset but not betrayed by an accident.

This guy is horrid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What country are you from?
Quote:
What difference does that make?
Just to tie up a loose end here. Yes, only the driver gets cited for the accident and has to pay a fine and damages to the vehicle. HOWEVER, here a person who's name is on the title of that car can be sued for injury.

My brother slammed on his breaks and still ended up hitting an off duty officer going to work who pulled out onto the main road from a side street. She, the officer, had been drinking (but this could not be used because of how the info was obtained). My mother's name was on the title of the car and almost lost her house and everything over it because they sued her, he got cited and paid the fine and got the points on his license, but they sued her in civil court NOT TRAFFIC court.

The flip side to this is once my SO and I were shopping and stopped at a light and he had taken his car in to be serviced the day before and lo and behold who pulls up next to us - two guys driving his car. They took a right on red and I did my darnest to follow them to no avail. If they had done damage to someone - the same circustances above would apply. Though he could turn around and sue the shop. BUt what a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 02:55 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,538 times
perhaps you are your own harshest critic ?
i realise you have had many "negative" posts on this thread, however, dismissing them with a "you suck" will get you nowhere.

by throwing the situation out to the people on the board, you have received a balanced opinion of the situation.
some support, and some criticism.

the best thing you can do is to absorb the support you have received, and lean on it through your difficult times.
however, you would be foolish to ignore the criticism.
take it on board, and learn from it, then, perhaps the next time you are faced with such a dilemma, you may not be so hasty to jump into a situation.

Quote:
Does anyone have any words of advice? Or any comfort for me?

Ps I know I am stoopid

Old 12-10-2009, 09:20 AM

47 posts, read 93,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
You are not ignoring me by acknowledging me.

It's a miracle! The rental is back!

Pretty quick and "nifty" at coming up with that sort of cash considering you did not even have ANY money whatsoever to put toward legal help and borrowed a rental car (rental) to a volunteer stranger "lawyer" w/o a car of his own, who had to use it to file papers in court for his GF. I'm just so wowed. I cannot help but be amused by this tale. . . . 2+2 = 17 here.
I was just wondering the same myself? Wouldn't you be at least do a down payment with $490 cash?

Ah well, if the story is real -- then good luck to you in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships