Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 02:10 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Okay, get a room you guys.
And leave you behind? Who left you in charge of my fantasy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 02:11 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Okay, get a room you guys.
Only if you join us there.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:13 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
We are all just playing cards right?

Old 12-11-2009, 02:14 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,138,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I haven't read the entire thread and it probably already has been said, but I think its just that society has less expectations for men to looks as good as they expect females too.
Yeah...they got into the fertility issue & how women aren't needed after breeding....there will be a lot of women (as the baby boomers retire) enjoying a mint julep with their lady friends on the front porch under the veranda while all the old men who need their meds & diapers are sitting in the nursing home.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:24 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
To much sun and smoking has aged a lot of my women friends, over a 25 year period, so some could be mistaken for my mother. Not to be mean, but a face like leather and wrinkles is not very attractive. But I know a few woman that I have known over the years that have not smoked and careful not to burn too much in the sun that have aged great and look very attractive. Once the damage starts, and most dont notice it, its too late.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:24 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Yeah...they got into the fertility issue & how women aren't needed after breeding....there will be a lot of women (as the baby boomers retire) enjoying a mint julep with their lady friends on the front porch under the veranda while all the old men who need their meds & diapers are sitting in the nursing home.
I'll be sitting right there next to them sipping on mine.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:27 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,082 times
Im not quite understanding this whole women are more sexually functional in their old age, thing. There is solid scientific data that shows that the sexual function of both sexes deteriorate considerably with age. These things can be denied or disputed, but the scientific data cannot be disproved.

Its pretty simple: men experience erectile difficulties and weakened orgasms. While women experience lowered libido or lubrication difficulties. Each of them are often accompanied by other poor lifestyle habits and/or signal poor health.

Fortunately, both of them can be relatively easily accommodated with treatment or sexual aids. One reason that female sexual dysfunction is commonly under accounted for is because we are only recently beginning to accept and discuss women's sexuality as being important at all. The study of men's sexuality has long been ongoing, and consequently is much more documented. But make no mistake about it, sexual function in virtually everyone deteriorates considerably with age.

P.S. someone mentioned beer in passing a couple of pages ago. This shouldnt be casually dismissed. In the broader sense, heavy alcohol use kills nerve endings and blood vessels in the genitals, causing them to lose sensitivity, and causing less blood to flow there during arousal.

So in a sense, those men or women who drank heavily in their youth, may come to rue the day.

Last edited by solytaire; 12-11-2009 at 04:05 PM..

Old 12-11-2009, 03:59 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Only if you join us there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
We are all just playing cards right?
I certainly hope so. I am SO not into threesomes.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:03 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Do men in general age better than women
I think the standards are just way lower

Old 12-11-2009, 04:05 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Im not quite understanding this whole women are more sexually functional in their old age, thing. There is solid scientific data that shows that the sexual function of both sexes deteriorate considerably with age. These things can be denied or disputed, but the scientific data cannot be disproved.

Its pretty simple: men experience erectile difficulties and weakened orgasms. While women experience lowered libido or lubrication difficulties. Each of them are often accompanied by other poor lifestyle habits and/or signal poor health.

Fortunately, both of them can be relatively easily accommodated with treatment or sexual aids.
I'd not say that at all. The difference in using lube and using a pump, is huge. Not even close! And NO thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
One reason that female sexual dysfunction is commonly under accounted for is because we are only recently beginning to accept and discuss women's sexuality as being important at all. The studies of men's sexuality has long been ongoing, and consequently is much more documented. But make no mistake about it, sexual function in virtually everyone deteriorates considerably with age.
I don't know who is writing what you are reading, but I'm talking about real world experience. If that is the case, then men must age waaaaay faster than me and the gals I know. I've not had any changes at all in such functionality. If anything, sex is much much better at this age, than it has ever been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships