Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 08:07 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,539,182 times

Advertisements

I'm one of the small number of men who don't engage in flirting at work (or with women I don't know, generally). Under no circumstances could I see myself flirting all day with married women. It's hubby's job to make them feel special, not mine. At work I need work-related things from them, nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 08:16 AM

20,687 posts, read 19,827,213 times
I work with 100 guys and 4 (older) women. I get treated like a princess at work and hit on left and right by marrried and single guys alike. Tons of material for sexual harassment suits.

I joke back but no touching, kissing or real flirting from my side. After I split from my husband, I was wearing my ring another 2 years at work to keep the boys in check.

I do not tell my bf because I don't want him to feel insecure when he knows I am at work. I do nothing that would be disrespectful to him or be seen as cheating. He knows though that I am popular and sometimes jokes about it. On my bday I came home from work, smelling like 20 different aftershaves from all the hugs.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:45 AM

888 posts, read 552,292 times
I think flirting is a normal and natural part of life. I mean just because someone is married doesn't mean they are dead and won't notice other people. Flirting doesn't bother me at all. I think people who say they never flirt or notice other people are usually lying

I am close with a guy in my office, we have coffee together most days and sometimes will go for drinks. There is nothing going on, he is like a brother to me. It's not a secret in the least though. I also have other male friends but it's never been an issue, and my husband has women friends. I read and interesting article once that said men who have women friends actually make better partners.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:52 AM

20,687 posts, read 19,827,213 times
Where it starts turning weird is if you flirt with others in front of your partner.

Or take harmless flirting to another level.

Or you show up to a company function with your partner and everybody is surprised you actually have a partner because you behave like you are single.

Or they feel bad for your partner instead of thinking he is a lucky guy to have such a great gf/wife.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:35 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,190,580 times
I can think of an occasion that might have earned me an eyebrow raise, but I put myself in check. Other than that, we're on the same page with accepting that a little harmless flirtation is normal between the sexes, so long as it stops there.

Old 12-23-2015, 01:43 PM

613 posts, read 358,548 times
Honestly if you have any sort of male ego it will **** you off if your significant other talks to anybody of opposite sex. I just hate it, because I know these dudes are just there to flirt. With my current fiancee, I saw how after her divorce she immediately got all of these dudes hitting her up, they're like animals and I already told her to remove them whatsoever

Old 12-23-2015, 03:00 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,435,910 times
I never flirt or tell off-color jokes at work. It's not appropriate to begin with, and in this climate of everything being construed as sexual harassment, it's not smart.

Elsewhere, sure. My wife doesn't mind - and since we have an open relationship, there's a LOT I can do that she doesn't mind.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:09 PM

10,931 posts, read 11,669,651 times
My wife is far more flirtatious than i am. Any jealousy she may feel is probably a projection of her own character on me.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:21 PM

48,351 posts, read 34,476,580 times
I can't think of anything I have said or done that my husband would consider inappropriate, and that includes when I go out clubbing with friends.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-23-2015, 03:25 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,010,021 times
We do not say or do anything separately that we would not say or do together so I'm sure nothing inappropriate has happened in the 15+ years we have been together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships