Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 05:43 PM

49 posts, read 84,289 times

Advertisements

Hahahaha! I have done this sort of thing to a girl when I was in college! We were in Science class together, and I left a note that said.. Hey.. Were in Science class together, and I think your beautiful.. If your interested call me.. number...

She called, and we dated for 2 months or so..

I LOVE TO DO STUFF LIKE THAT.. The reason I do those things is because it gives her a chance to reject me easily, and decide whether she wants to talk, or more..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Ok here's the update people. Let me explain something first. When I go to the gym, I go to the gym. I don't wear makeup, pretend to do the elipitical or wear $100 outfits to prance around in. I go there looking like ass to work out period because that is the WHOLE POINT OF GOING TO THE GYM!!!!! I do an hour of cardio and I hit the weight room with the big boys 5 days a week.

So I'm waiting in line to sign up for the spinning class and my phone rings with blocked number. I answer and its him. He's like this is so-so. I got your note. Was it meant for my car? I said yes. He asked if we've ever met at the gym and I said no but we've seen each other a bunch of times. He's like are you there now? I said yes. He said Im on my way in. Introduce yourself to me. I said fine.

However, I knew I was going into spinning class where I would defiantely come out looking like ass from sweating because Im working out!! Anyways, I come out and I see him. I don't approach cause Im trying to figure out how to look less like ass. It doesn't work. So he leaves and I follow him outside. I said his name and he turned around and said mine. We shook hands. I apologized for looking the way I did and said I do not normally like this but was just in spin class. We have about a 45 second conversation and he cut it off and said nice to meet you and have good day and that was it!!!

So I'm taking it that because I didn't look like a beauty queen coming out of the gym that he was repulsed and ran away. I mean if you can't figure out that I'm in the gym and I'm not looking my best because of a specific reason (meaning working out) and don't want to even see me when I'm not sweating and gross, than WTF can I do??? Whatever...NEXT!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 02:15 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,987,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ok here's the update people. Let me explain something first. When I go to the gym, I go to the gym. I don't wear makeup, pretend to do the elipitical or wear $100 outfits to prance around in. I go there looking like ass to work out period because that is the WHOLE POINT OF GOING TO THE GYM!!!!! I do an hour of cardio and I hit the weight room with the big boys 5 days a week.

So I'm waiting in line to sign up for the spinning class and my phone rings with blocked number. I answer and its him. He's like this is so-so. I got your note. Was it meant for my car? I said yes. He asked if we've ever met at the gym and I said no but we've seen each other a bunch of times. He's like are you there now? I said yes. He said Im on my way in. Introduce yourself to me. I said fine.

However, I knew I was going into spinning class where I would defiantely come out looking like ass from sweating because Im working out!! Anyways, I come out and I see him. I don't approach cause Im trying to figure out how to look less like ass. It doesn't work. So he leaves and I follow him outside. I said his name and he turned around and said mine. We shook hands. I apologized for looking the way I did and said I do not normally like this but was just in spin class. We have about a 45 second conversation and he cut it off and said nice to meet you and have good day and that was it!!!

So I'm taking it that because I didn't look like a beauty queen coming out of the gym that he was repulsed and ran away. I mean if you can't figure out that I'm in the gym and I'm not looking my best because of a specific reason (meaning working out) and don't want to even see me when I'm not sweating and gross, than WTF can I do??? Whatever...NEXT!!!
So maybe he is married or in a relationship but his curiosity was still getting to him. Or maybe he is gay. Maybe he is just shy, inexperienced, or lacking social skills and doesn't know what the next move should be.

No matter what I am sure he doesn't expects you to be looking yourself at the gym. No one looks their best at the gym. Especially the women.

Stopping thinking it is all about you. His reasons/actions are his own and probably have nothing to do with you directly.

Don't give up yet. It still may work out (pun intended) with your gym buddy. Good luck!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:56 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,006 times
I think you're acting like a little schoolgirl. Are you an adult" Act like one. Strike up a convo with the dude at the gym; it's the easiest thing in the world. I know, I'm a personal trainer and work in one six days a week! People meet people there all the time and strike-up romances and/or friendships.
Notes on a car? Please. That went out with passing notes back in forth when the teacher wasn't looking.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:52 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
D*** why can't this kind of stuff happen to me? I even have a 1965 Mustang! Just because he looks away doesn't mean he is not interested? He could be thinking , oh man this chicks hot? She might not be available though? After you left the note he should get the hint. I posted something similar in another thread. Give us a sign girls, we are waiting.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:58 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
So maybe he is married or in a relationship but his curiosity was still getting to him. Or maybe he is gay. Maybe he is just shy, inexperienced, or lacking social skills and doesn't know what the next move should be.
Or maybe hes just not attracted to her

Old 12-10-2009, 05:03 PM

Drummer-I'm not acting like a school girl. I'd rather leave the note and leave the opportunity to contact me if he's available or not. If he never contacted me, he would never know who it was and that would be it.

JBT-You could be correct on your statement but the guy is constantly looking at me. We're constantly catching eyes and that's why I initiated the whole thing in the first place. I wouldn't have pursued anything if I didn't think there was a reason too.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:07 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Drummer-I'm not acting like a school girl. I'd rather leave the note and leave the opportunity to contact me if he's available or not. If he never contacted me, he would never know who it was and that would be it.

JBT-You could be correct on your statement but the guy is constantly looking at me. We're constantly catching eyes and that's why I initiated the whole thing in the first place. I wouldn't have pursued anything if I didn't think there was a reason too.
Yeah he sounds like how I look at women when I don't know if they are available? "I spy with my eye"lol..... Oh yeah, shake it baby, oh s*** she caught me!lol.....

Old 12-10-2009, 05:08 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
see where it goes from here.
just don't force it and scare him off.

and be careful not to get carried away too.

it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

btw, what year is his rustang ?

Quote:

Old 12-10-2009, 08:32 PM

LOL. Im not saying anything to him but hello if we come near each other. I'll still look at him cause he's hot.
His rustang is '09.

I'll keep you guys posted on what happens tomorrow in the gym...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships