Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 08:57 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times

Advertisements

you do make a fair point, but it might be in the wrong topic ?

firstly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

and, secondly, the thread isn't about what people actually find attractive, it's about whether someone else has the right to insist on it as a precondition to marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Lake View Post
You're pretty damn hot, Mrs. Mighty Queen .
low weight, if well "spread" can be a sweet deal and the woman not look like a skeleton. When I lived in Holland(for a short time), I had the hots for a 6'3' woman. I think her weight was 140 to 160 pounds, I think.

Hey, I bet that there are lots of "Twilight" fans over here. You know the girl who plays the role of Bella? She's skinny, very skinny and so very, very hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 09:02 AM

437 posts, read 675,111 times
Here's a comment on marriage in general. Tiger is losing hundreds of millions of dollars over his affairs, right? Well another way of looking at it is that he's losing that money BECAUSE HE GOT MARRIED!

If Tiger had elected to stay single, we would be rooting for him for all of his sexual escapades. Instead, he signed the marriage contract and found out how much it can suck. Want to beat that his wife started to withhold her sex, affection, and support and thus was a component (without taking away responsibility from Tiger making his own choices) is him going astray?

But... but... Ameiko I want a FAMILY!

Fine, go the Ricky Martin route. Make lots of money and then rent a womb to have some woman carry your sperm and another woman's egg to birth. Use foreign women for the exchange btw, less likely to come after you for custody and MONEY... heck do it in a foreign, man friendly nation.

Then use your money to hire a nanny. Much less expensive than a wife who demands a bigger house, new SUV every three years, take are of her family, and then still cleans you out in a divorce!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:11 AM

455 posts, read 1,499,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I wouldn't agree to something like that because with pregnancy, anything can happen and if you fail that, you would be in contempt of your "agreement" which is grounds for a no fault divorce HOWEVER, even though I don't agree with it, I can see why a man would throw that in there and honestly, is that really a guy you want to spend the rest of your life with and have your children with? What if your children are born with some type of illness that causes weight gain, is he then going to say "hey, I don't want anything to do with these kids because they are fat"? You can't expect anything but problems in a marriage that beginning with a pre-nup like that.
You should counter the pre-nup with one of your own. His penis can't shrink, he can't gain weight, he must always have a perfect body and perfect hair and perfect teeth... see if he agrees.
Having a simple weight requirement isn't out of line, but if you want to throw in those extra terms... then her boobs can't sag or vajayjay get loose, she must always have a perfect body, perfect hair and perfect teeth.

Sounds a bit ridiculous, huh? There's only a few things people have direct control over without having to resort to surgery or other cosmetic procedures, and weight is one. He's not asking for her to maintain a perfect body, just asking for her to maintain a weight that is reasonable (depending on her height/build) which is attainable by merely staying somewhat active and having a healthy diet. Likewise, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, have a clause that says the man cannot go over a certain weight. I would probably include a clause in there about musculature and body fat %, so as long as a low body fat % (adjusted accordingly due to gender differences) was maintained, either party would be able to go over that weight limit.

Whenever I get married, I fully intend on having a prenup, the legal system is so incredibly slanted towards supporting women, I'd be a fool not to have one. It would be fairly basic, but have a few key elements:

1. Any debt that an individual brings before the marriage, leaves entirely with that individual.
2. Any debt incurred during the marriage that is not mutually agreed upon by both parties leaves with the originating debtor.
3. Property, belongings, savings and retirement funds, and pets acquired before the marriage will leave with the party that brought them.
4. There will be no alimony or other forms of financial support should the marriage dissolve.
5. Both individuals will maintain suitable employment throughout the marriage (until retirement), excluding layoffs, downsizing, and disability (which qualifies the person to receive disability benefits). Neither party will become a 'stay-at-home partner'.
6. Assets acquired during the marriage will be divided 50/50. For assets that only one party wants to retain, the other party's portion may be 'bought' at assessed value. For assets that both parties wish to retain and neither wishes to buy the others portion (at assessed value) or both want to buy the others portion, it will be sold and the proceeds will be divided 50/50.
7. Provable cheating or other extra-marital activity is grounds for divorce. The cheating party is responsible for the lawyer and court fees of the other partner, up to a maximum $ cap.
8. Provable drug (prescription or illicit) or alcohol abuse is grounds for divorce. The abusing party is responsible for the lawyer and court fees of the other partner, up to a maximum $ cap.
9. Provable physical or sexual abuse is grounds for divorce. The abusing party is responsible for the lawyer and court fees of the other partner, up to a maximum $ cap.
10. Misdemeanor or felony convictions are grounds for divorce. The convicted party is responsible for the lawyer and court fees of the other partner, up to a maximum $ cap. The convicted party is also solely responsible for any/all legal costs associated with their conviction.
11. Both parties will maintain a healthy body weight and body fat % for the entire duration of the marriage, excluding diagnosed medical conditions (ie - hypothyroidism) which prevent that maintenance. In such cases, the individual will work to maintain themselves to the best of their ability.
12. Sex will be had a minimum of once per month, excluding limiting diagnosed medical issues.
13. The woman will make me a sammich whenever I want one. (ok... kidding on this one)

I'd say these are pretty reasonable, they're effective for both parties and ensure neither party has an advantage over the other.

Edit: If you noticed, I didn't mention anything about kids... that's because I fully intend on having a vasectomy and not having any.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:14 AM

47 posts, read 78,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
you do make a fair point, but it might be in the wrong topic ?

firstly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

and, secondly, the thread isn't about what people actually find attractive, it's about whether someone else has the right to insist on it as a precondition to marriage.

Yes, it pertains this topic. Women, when they are interested in marriage will easily find a man who has a stable career/good income, attractive, over a guy she had - prior to the onset of her desire to get married found attractive - as many studies done on male attractiveness have shown that when the "interviewed" is told that the man she's looking at is rich, her attraction to him goes up tenfold - I too, find her weight what makes me attracted to her.

Many women divorce the guy when his income drops or he's fired. A woman can do that, a man must have the same emotional backup and not be judged as, while the woman is attracted to power as a provider, the man is attracted to her youth, beauty and that includes low weight. You can't stop time from adding one more digit onto your age, but you can be as attractive as you were when you were 18, if you wish to, such as I can keep myself top of my game by working out, getting more and more academic education which in turn, will make me a very powerful provider.

Thus, if her weight goes up, what made me attracted to her and as chain reaction, in love with her, fades: my emotions will fade away too.

Leading to the break - down of the relationship and the consequential loss of my assets, monthly income, property, and child custody, because she laws are very anti - male.

Human beings can retain their youthfulness for so very long - if they take care of themselves -.

Do you think I like to work out? I hate it, it makes my body hurt but, it gives me a thin, youthful body: I expect the same from a woman.

That is, If was to get married: which I will never do.

"Having a simple weight requirement isn't out of line, but if you want to throw in those extra terms... then her boobs can't sag or vajayjay get loose, she must always have a perfect body, perfect hair and perfect teeth."

My mother is 50 years old. Her breasts didn't sag. She's a natural D cup. From what my father says, her vag ain't loose either .

My father is the provider. He provided every thing. The least he can get in return is a beautiful woman: arm candy, yes, every guy friend of his envy my father and funny thing is, my mother, being a head turner to both guys her age(including the most attractive); my male classmates, wanted my mother either.

My father wasn't expecting perfection. I messed up my mother's health, when I was inside of her. I was responsible for the falling out of her beautiful teeth. Because of that, my father bought her artificial teeth. He's not turned off by them, after all, he was responsible for the falling off of her teeth.

I am very proud to have such a beautiful woman as a mother. There's nothing more capable of making me proud, than to walk the street with my mother beside me.

So, a man has to either provide or risk those very anti - law males?

The man should expect an Angelina Jolie. Which, if you move to Europe is very frequent .

Last edited by Swan Lake; 12-10-2009 at 09:28 AM..

Old 12-10-2009, 09:21 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
am i the only one who finds a father/son discussion about mom's bejingo really disturbing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Lake View Post
. From what my father says, her vag ain't loose either .

Old 12-10-2009, 09:23 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
My parents will be celebrating their 50th anniversary this summer. Here we all are, thinking that they have a wonderful partnership based on love, mutual respect, and shared values, when really according to some of you my mom was after Dad's money the whole time, and Dad is only with Mom because she's some kind of 73-year-old trophy wife. Nice.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:25 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Quote:
am i the only one who finds a father/son discussion about mom's bejingo really disturbing ?
He's foreign so it's okay...

Old 12-10-2009, 09:25 AM

455 posts, read 1,499,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My parents will be celebrating their 50th anniversary this summer. Here we all are, thinking that they have a wonderful partnership based on love, mutual respect, and shared values, when really according to some of you geniuses here my mom was after Dad's money the whole time, and Dad is only with Mom because she's some kind of 73-year-old trophy wife. Nice.
Times were also different 50 years ago :-p My grandparents have been together for over 60 years, my parents together for over 30 years and neither couple has a prenup. In those times, maintaining yourself didn't have to be put down in writing, it was already expected. It's only been in recent years that the obesity epidemic has ballooned to the ginormous proportions that's causing issues today.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:26 AM

47 posts, read 78,429 times
Quote:

In Europe, we have a open mind. After all, our Countries weren't founded by puritans .

My mother also tells me of the guys she slept with, their "junk", how they were in relation to father and I speak of my ex - girlfriends, all in good humor.

Man, I do love Europe .

Oh, we also speak to people we barely know of our sexual history and our beaches, even the non - nude beaches have lots of topless women.

Have I said how much I love Europe?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
And so kindly sharing it with us.

:shudder:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships