Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:45 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
when I'm expected to adjust my life around someone else's wants, it really puts it in perspective that I am not ready to make the time sacrifices that the women I know seem to require.
I found this sentence interesting. It really should never be about someone else "expecting" you to "adust your life" around them. If the relationship was a good healthy solid one, you'd be adjusting things all on your own, at no one's request, simply because you wanted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 12:10 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Are you guys GAY or what? I am 32, and I don't believe I have ever gone more than a few months without a woman. I mean, even if it meant a few one night stands which I am not really fond of, but the concept of wanting to be away from women is just very BIZARRE.
What surprised me are the number of guys in their 20s. 32 is about the age that men start to hear the horror stories from the divorce wars, so brace yourself.

Perhaps the internet is getting the story out to a younger group.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Enjoying being single, and not needing women for anything

Not for anything???? Well...I guess, you have your hands...
And as a happily single co-worker told me today, your left hand never gets jealous of your right!

Old 12-11-2009, 03:40 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
I admire men who are single who never want to get married or have a family. Singleness rules all the way.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:59 AM

437 posts, read 675,050 times
My take: if you're happy being single (man or woman), so be it. Go your own way. Don't listen to people trying to shame you by others stating that you only feel this way because you can't get a date or get laid; they suffer from a herd mentality or put too much value in their ability to get some.

Deep committed relationships are fun but take time, energy and effort that for some just is not worth it. You may be interested in a relationship but find the quality of a possible partner lacking. Some of us have low sex drives or don't like the various expectations that sex creates.

Whatever works for you, as long as you keep an open mind. Be well all.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:08 AM

437 posts, read 675,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman1957
I'm sure this will get some good feedback, but what the hey.......

If a 26 year old man has no interest in, and chooses not to associate with females, he is either a moma's boy, very very immature, or gay.

Men were designed to be attracted to women, and vice versa.

The problem is, masturbation WILL never replace the actual deed! That is why the whole idea of not needing a woman for "ANYTHING" is just BIZARRE.

Sex is not even the most important part of having a woman, just laying in bed with a woman, talking and exchanging ideas is a fantastic experience! It sure beats being alone on a Saturday night watching TV by yourself.

Close minded attitudes like this I hate. It's to each their own. Yes, it is nice to have a SO in your life but it can be a hassle and sometimes it's hard finding the a SO that you really want to be with.

I fall into that category. Women whom I am not interested in flock to me but my standards will not let me be with them because I would not enjoy it. Yeah I'll be with the fatty, or the b***h, or the single mother who wants a savior, or the woman who was with 20 guys but now wants me to man up and marry her.

Oh joy- sign me up! I actually went too far the other way once and dated a couple of 20 -something virgins. It was so hard to not take that cherry but I do have some morality.

Personally, I'd like a relationship with a fun, pretty, and pleasant girl in her 20's and no kids- the problem is that everyone else is too so the competition is pretty fierce. I go older at times but you can't go a few months in without hearing, "so where do you think this is going..." at which point it's time to GTFO and wonder if it's just easier to be alone.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:37 AM

47 posts, read 78,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
The problem is, masturbation WILL never replace the actual deed! That is why the whole idea of not needing a woman for "ANYTHING" is just BIZARRE.

Sex is not even the most important part of having a woman, just laying in bed with a woman, talking and exchanging ideas is a fantastic experience! It sure beats being alone on a Saturday night watching TV by yourself.

You seem addicted to the Vagina and addicted as well to female attention/approval.

When you are addicted to something or you need something or someone, that person or that something has power over you. My friends are just like you.
they are in their early 20's, or mid 20's, one is 20 years old. Their life is to party and get girls. They can't go a week without having sex, it's rather funny.

Thus, it's not them who are popular with women - this is Europe, anyone can get laid with beautiful women, without having to run Game or being rich or handsome.

Young women here love sex(older women too, but those sell their bodies by marrying a provider), and the guys enjoy that facility.

The problem is, they aren't like me. I can party like a madman, explore a woman's most intimate secrets and move on to days, weeks, months or years of no sexual contact with a woman - without missing it; that, with my extremely high sex drive, makes me even weirder, huh?

Sex is fun. Sex should be thought of as something as casual as breathing; no commitment to a woman, no obligation. Because, when the most gorgeous of them, give it out like it's free candy, when they are in the prime of their beauty, it sure makes no sense to get married or whatever.

While sex is fun, it's also a sort of trap. My friends are having the time of their life. They won't be young forever, you know. It's different when you are young.

Young means you get lots of sex. When you are in your mid 20's, you strangely start going for the mid 20's ladies; they are looking for commitment, no more crazy sex with no strings attached because she doesn't want to "be used", ah, now that's funny.

And when you are in your 30',s you go for the 30's ladies. Those are looking for the husband and future father of their kids.

The most powerful of males is the one who masters his urges. When you master a sex drive as strong as mine, you can turn it off and on at your own free will - you have sex with women on your own terms.

When you are the one needing sex i.e you need female attention and sex, they're the ones with the power. No one ever enjoyed being a slave.

You're saying masturbation is not like the real deal.

True, that is true. But here's the thing. Most males approach women like they(the women) have something the guy wants - which is true.

She has the vagina. Ever heard Megan Fox say: "women have it better in relationships because they have the vagina?"

Truer words have never been spoken. Make the vagina seem like an ordinary thing and **** will fall like rain on winter's night.

Sadly, most men, meet women in a woman's terms. Woo her, romance her, take her out, make her fall in love with you, etc etc. That makes a woman's ego get as the world which in turns, makes the "price" of the vagina go up.

These guys think along these lines. She's making me work like a horse to get sex out of her. While she probably gave it for free, after meeting some guy(this happens a lot), I have to spend money, invest emotions, time and possibly catch a std or two(if she has sex with him) for what? I can masturbate and get rid of the urge as easy as that.

No one's saying a steak in a good restaurant is better than a burger in a tavern. Nope, but it's a lot cheaper, with no drama or strings attached.

Besides, when you are used to women who give it for free(as it should be), and then you meet a woman who plays games or wants to wait to find out if the guy really likes him, just makes me laugh and move on - that is, when I decide a woman is worthy of my man sword.

I admire men who are single who never want to get married or have a family. Singleness rules all the way.

Thanks. Usually, getting married means she is going to divorce you, deny you sex and even if she keeps her part of the deal(which she doesn't have to: marriage laws are heavily against males), what's the fun of sleeping with the same woman until you die?

Shrugs!

Old 12-11-2009, 06:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
I have a "take it or leave it" philosophy. It's fun times when I'm in a relationship, but when I'm not, that's okay too. I never felt the urge to pursue anyone.

Somehow, not having to take another person into consideration is very liberating.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:53 AM

47 posts, read 78,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I have a "take it or leave it" philosophy. It's fun times when I'm in a relationship, but when I'm not, that's okay too. I never felt the urge to pursue anyone.

Somehow, not having to take another person into consideration is very liberating.

Isn't that the truth! When in a relationship, a woman has the nagging habit of wanting communication every day or at least on a frequent basis. They also want to communicate every single detail that happens in their life and seem to want emotional support, Nah, I ain't up for that; My happiest relationship was with a woman I only saw once a month(gotta love long - distance relationships)for a couple of hours.

That was perfection. Unfortunately, she moved out, bought a house in my city. Had to break up that awesome relationship.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:36 AM

142 posts, read 252,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

Exactly what I was trying to say earlier in my thread. Excellent quote right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships