Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:30 PM

382 posts, read 758,243 times

Advertisements

Usually these guys might feel the need of a woman but they probably think that the disadvantages that come with a serious relationship (drama, cheating, financial burden, lack of freedom, etc) outrank the good points, so they prefer to stay single.

People don't need to be in a proper relationship to have sex. Occasional one night stands along with the help of the right hand are probably enough to satisfy the basic needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
I have mastered and now have a new philosophy

"Women, can't live with them, The End"

Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,912,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Are you guys GAY or what? I am 32, and I don't believe I have ever gone more than a few months without a woman. I mean, even if it meant a few one night stands which I am not really fond of, but the concept of wanting to be away from women is just very BIZARRE.
Well I guess some guys just can't stand to be alone. Either because they don't want society to look down on them or they feel "lonely."

Yes all guys are wired to want sex. Trust me, I'm one of them. I had a one night stand for the second time back in february and I don't care to do it again. It's not me.

Some guys have enough things to do plus hobbies and don't have the time. Yes, I want a family and a couple kids but I also have things I want to do in my life. Self challenges. If a female can keep up with me, sure that would be awesome. But I'm not slowing down for one until I am satisfied first.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:15 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Some guys have enough things to do plus hobbies and don't have the time.
And some of us just enjoy being alone more than being around people in general, male or female. I could be a hermit pretty easily, I think. When/if I find a woman I enjoy being with more than being alone, then I'll know I found a good one. So far I haven't her.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:19 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,460,692 times
Never confuse Lust, with Love.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:23 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCity2001 View Post
Hey all,

I just wanted to get your opinions on men who are single, but are glad to not be around women for the most part. This is kind of like an independent women's theme, but in reverse for guys. Speaking for myself, I haven't been in a relationship for 4 years now, but it is not because of a lack of effort. I've just been busy with finishing college and obtaining a degree. I am 2 years into my job. During the last 4 years, I've learned that life is great for single men, and that I have plenty of activities and friends to not bother myself with relationships. I feel like relationships and women drama is something that I want to avoid as much as possible, and my outlook on life is more clear and happy then it was when I was last in a relationship 4 years ago.

I just wanted to get opinions from all of you out there, especially single men. I want to see if there are any single men who feel the same way as I do.
Finally single after being in various relationships since my sophomore year in high school. While I can say I'm having a blast, no drama, etc., there's always that bit of companionship I miss.

The way work is currently, I don't think I could be a great boyfriend to anyone, but when things slow down I will probably be open to another relationship.

I do completely understand what you are talking about though.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:51 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I have mastered and now have a new philosophy

"Women, can't live with them, The End"
So does this mean you're not going to make that year-end quota? 22 days and counting ...

Old 12-10-2009, 07:59 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
So does this mean you're not going to make that year-end quota? 22 days and counting ...

I don't think so, I'm just glad I ended the 11 month drought of not going on a date. So I will look foward to 2010. On the good side atleast I met a cute girl who will spend time with me each week in my apt. She is my practice girlfriend

Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman1957 View Post
I'm sure this will get some good feedback, but what the hey.......

If a 26 year old man has no interest in, and chooses not to associate with females, he is either a moma's boy, very very immature, or gay.

Men were designed to be attracted to women, and vice versa.
I guess it depends on what interest means. I date and hang out (and do, you know, rent the cow, so to speak) with women, but I have no desire to be in a relationship. It would take an amazing woman for that.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:08 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
My friends being basically "owned" by their SO. Whatever their SO says goes and thats it. They basically have a parent their same age now telling them what they can and can't do.

What really irritates me is when me and a bud go grab a beer or two and his wife is wondering where hes at and gets ill about it. Telling him he never spends anytime with her. WTF? Yall live together, how the hell do you not spend enough time together?

Yes, I think you should satisfy your wife to some extent but not bow to her.
Sounds spot on. I'm not the type of person who would put up that. I'm all for give-and-take and working together, but what I see a lot of time. Also, the get mad for having a night out or doing something (a hobby or such). You need that in a relationship. I think you need to have you're own time (this goes for both partners) every once in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships