U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 12-14-2009, 12:15 PM

18,366 posts, read 10,273,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
I totally agree. and he had the nerve to have a show where he was looking for a wife.

Guess what he gave her as a token? a gold grill to put on her teeth.
Well, as far as I know, such bologna is not representative of anybody, let alone the American black population. I can't buy into that. Just like that new show I heard about IRT Italian Americans on the Jersey shore. It's all cr*p. I'm going to check that one out, tho.

Unread 12-14-2009, 12:29 PM

3,284 posts, read 856,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
I totally agree. and he had the nerve to have a show where he was looking for a wife.

Guess what he gave her as a token? a gold grill to put on her teeth.
Flavs an idiot (his persona anyway), but he's definitely not a bad guy. Just salvaging what he can from his rap days.

Unread 12-14-2009, 12:32 PM

2,978 posts, read 2,665,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Flavs an idiot (his persona anyway), but he's definitely not a bad guy. Just salvaging what he can from his rap days.
True. I met him in person back in '89. Cool cat. Nothing like he puts on for TV. Did a lot for inner city youth.

Unread 12-14-2009, 12:42 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,072,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm not black and I don't know who all these people are, but I have heard of flava-flav (I remember public enemy in HS as well as that show he had). I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want a character like that. How are these girls being raised to think these men are appropriate to bed with?
lack of father figures.

Unread 12-14-2009, 01:04 PM

318 posts, read 178,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
lack of father figures.
It don't have to do with lack of father figures, it is because people like flav are celebrities. you see people, especially young girls do this of all races. Look at the young white girls that want someone like eminem, or want someone like these rock stars that are known for abuse, alcoholism, drugs etc...

Unread 12-14-2009, 01:08 PM

318 posts, read 178,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I see nothing wrong with a black women finding a man to marry who is outside her race or ethnic group. Just don't give up on the brothers.
But here is the thing, sometimes it isnt about giving up on the "brothers", it is about what a woman finds attractive. Like me personally, I don't find black men attractive. I prefer white men, always have and always will. Does that mean that I gave up on anyone? NO, it just means, that I know what I am attracted to, and what I am not.

Unread 12-14-2009, 01:13 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,158,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am not Black and not racist, but it seems like cheating or having 3, 4 women at the same time is much more accepted amongst Blacks than with other races. Also, so many Black men don't give a damn about being a good father, I know it is stereotypical but on TV, they always show those Black guys jumping up and down when they realize the child is not theirs. I am not saying this is exclusively a Black thing but there is a total lack of values and morals with the culture, I see the same behavioral patterns with uneducated, small town White folks and Hispanics.I would say, ignorance and lack of morals and values is the problem!
I don't take this as completely racist but as very uninformed. But I have a counter-suggest. How about watching some reruns of "all-black family" TV shows like The Cosby Show, Sanford and Son, Family Matters, and Good Times, (or even shows in general that had some blacks characters like Magnum PI, Miami Vice, A-Team, or Saved by the Bell) that were made before the mid 1990s and then tell me how many stereotypical blacks do you notice.

Unread 12-14-2009, 01:42 PM

22,504 posts, read 17,417,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metye7 View Post
But here is the thing, sometimes it isnt about giving up on the "brothers", it is about what a woman finds attractive. Like me personally, I don't find black men attractive. I prefer white men, always have and always will. Does that mean that I gave up on anyone? NO, it just means, that I know what I am attracted to, and what I am not.

This is no indictment of you or anything like that, just wondering. Why do you not find black men attractive?

Unread 12-14-2009, 01:45 PM

3,606 posts, read 2,296,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
I have to agree with you wholeheartedly on this. But there's one thing here I need to pull out: the Denzel Washingtons, Will Smiths, Michael Jordans, Morris Chestnuts or Boris Kudjoes are not what most black woman of today are looking for; if they were looking for those kind of dudes, I would assume that many of the straight-edge black dudes who are confident, assertive, were somewhat social, and had at least cute/decent looks wouldn't have to deal with the dilemma. To be fair, I don't consider the dudes aforementioned as "bad boy" hoodlums, gangstas, or thugs, but dudes who are confident, physically fit, have their s*** together, and don't take crap from anyone. These non-thuggish confident black men are the ones that White, Asian, Latina women are seeking for (along with the ones that are labeled as overly corny/nerdy/geeky).

It's the Flava-Flavs, Adam "Pacman" Joneses, 50 Cents, Allen Iversons, and Lil Waynes that I found most black women - especially when they're younger - want. It's not until they reach their 30s (if that) when they're finally sexed and partied out and are looking to find someone to settle for (note, not LOVE WITH and SHARE THEIR LIVES WITH, but SETTLE FOR).

And by that time, the assertive black man who was cute and smooth but was dissed for "the thug" because he wasn't seen as "gangsta enough" has a smoking hot white woman for a newlywed (and no, she came on to him and they both have jobs). The black man who was seen as "not black enough" because he was more responsible has a great job and lovely family with his Hispanic wife. And the smart black guy who was consistently bashed and overlooked for being "corny and nerdy" is having the time of his life as he's engaged to his Asian girlfriend of 4 years.

And let's be honest, the equivalency in the minds of most black women is way off base: if someone's a "Big-Boned" Monique, 4-Kid (even 1-Kid bearing) Shaniqua, or a Black-B**ch Attitude Having "Keisha," or a staright-out-of-the-hood "Shanaynay," they are nowhere near deserving of a Will Smith, Michael Jordan, or a Denzel Washington. Hell, those kinds of broads are not worthy of a Carlton Banks or Steve Urkel.
Ouch! Harsh but true, especially the bolded.

Unread 12-14-2009, 01:47 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,072,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metye7 View Post
It don't have to do with lack of father figures, it is because people like flav are celebrities. you see people, especially young girls do this of all races. Look at the young white girls that want someone like eminem, or want someone like these rock stars that are known for abuse, alcoholism, drugs etc...
It has everything to do with a lack of father figures imo. And many child psychology experts agree. When young women have no decent father figure, they are less likely to make healthy decisions when choosing a partner. Young girls without fathers are more vulnerable to the lure of male attention (whether good or bad.) and they have no reference point to help them gauge which men are quality relationship material and which ones are not.

Celebrity status alone does not attract stable minded white women NOR stable minded black women. The problem is that Black women today arent pursuing Flava Flav (not that pursuing Flava Flav is a positive thing..lol). In their younger years, they are pursuing regular men who BEHAVE like Flava Flav, and lil wayne. However regular men who behave like them dont have the money, nor the ability to help provide for families. That is the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships