U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM

190 posts, read 227,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
It's a common phrase a certain class of black Americans, usually the ones that are acting classless, tacky, ignorant, etc...I can't believe people (especially black people) are still walking around with this "acting black" mindset. When I like something, I like it...I don't stop to consider if liking it is "acting black" or "acting white"

And you basically said that the gehtto attitude/conduct is the expected behavior for a black person, which is why you refuse to "act black". I don't care how you slice it...IMO it is quite sad for a black man to be walking around bragging that he doesn't "act" black. Exactly what are you "acting" like then...I don't know why but every time I read your posts that old SNL skit with Eddie Murphy keeps replaying in my mind...

That's because samston doesn't understand what 'acting black' even means. Everytime I read his comments I think of Malcolm X's house slave lectures.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:17 PM

190 posts, read 227,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
As I mentioned earlier in one of my other posts the CIVIL WAR between black males and females continues and this is why our relationships continue to be ones that are not healthy. This thread has turned into blaming each other and some of you are using some hateful terms that do nothing but reinforce the dysfunctional thought patterns that we notoriously are accused of having towards one another. All I can continue to do is educate younger black males and females and hope that one of the generations catch on to the wisdom imparted unto them and make changes for the future. SAD, indeed very SAD!!! When will we get over these same issues that we continuously talk about-because to be quite honest the problems we mention have solutions. Everyone is not going to change so never believe this will miraculously happen.

Black males or females opting to be with white mates due to their needs being met have the right to do so, on the other hand if you have chosen someone of another race due to your hatred towards your own race then you seriously need to see a professional about what is going on internally and hopefully start on the path to healing from your hatred towards your own kind. Something is terribly wrong to say the least.

Well on that note much love and success to all of the black males and females who are actively seeking love with another mate who is a GOOD male or female based on your personal criteria. We all have proscribed our own definition of what GOOD is to us, so we honestly cannot stand in judgment or opposition of what someone considers to be GOOD to them.

I think Black men date outside of their race due to pure hatred of their race. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial. The numbers are outrageous. It has to be psychological because it's not just coincidence. I see a lot of Black self hatred in this thread. Makes me ashamed. It's almost like Malcolm and Martin died for nothing.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:21 PM

3,278 posts, read 3,017,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetMeinSTL View Post
I think Black men date outside of their race due to pure hatred of their race. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial. The numbers are outrageous. It has to be psychological because it's not just coincidence. I see a lot of Black self hatred in this thread. Makes me ashamed. It's almost like Malcolm and Martin died for nothing.
Surely you jape. To consider all the different variables and influences involved with dating and marriage and say a thing like this is a mockery to natural given intelligence.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 PM

4,384 posts, read 1,837,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
It's a common phrase a certain class of black Americans, usually the ones that are acting classless, tacky, ignorant, etc...I can't believe people (especially black people) are still walking around with this "acting black" mindset. When I like something, I like it...I don't stop to consider if liking it is "acting black" or "acting white"

And you basically said that the gehtto attitude/conduct is the expected behavior for a black person, which is why you refuse to "act black". I don't care how you slice it...IMO it is quite sad for a black man to be walking around bragging that he doesn't "act" black. Exactly what are you "acting" like then...I don't know why but every time I read your posts that old SNL skit with Eddie Murphy keeps replaying in my mind...
It is common in US society.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I see no wrong at all in interracial dating. But I do see something wrong in fierce racial allegiance, even if human beings are naturally tribal. Any black person who opts to date outside his/her race does not necessarily despise other blacks. To them, race is may be no issue. It may be they grew up around x race, and thus has an attachment to x race. I reckon the idea that the races should not mix, or any kind of "us and them" mentality, doesn't solve the race issues we have now.

I doubt Malcolm X or Martin Luther King would have agreed with that sentiment.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
That's because samston doesn't understand what 'acting black' even means. Everytime I read his comments I think of Malcolm X's house slave lectures.
Again, I am stating a common attitude in society, even if it's misguided.

Can you, or natalayjones, say that this attitude does not exist, outside of your own personal experience?

Old 12-29-2009, 06:54 PM

5,893 posts, read 4,898,232 times
Good black men come in all packages, to often we look for a violin playing lit major, or a sophisticate, or intellectual loud ass Alpha Psi Alpha, driving a totally lit up ride who knows when play and when to work can be just as good as the "stereotypical" good man.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:22 PM

155 posts, read 146,624 times
i'm am sooo sick and tired of this baloney!!!!!!!
there are ''good'' and ''bad'' men in EVERY ethnic group and the african american men in my family don't fit the negative stereotypes of black men
they are firemen, successful real estate agents and etc!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 08:28 PM

947 posts, read 1,367,519 times
Quote:
Polygamy would benefit you (the man). Plus it goes against my religion and even if it didn't polygamy is just...bizarre. But that's another topic. Is the Black race that desperate that you have to resort to polygamy as an option? Sad. I cannot think of one white person that would even entertain that idea, so don't act like Black women are being irrational if they reject it.
You would not believe how many blacks are in favor of this, yet it is a taboo subject. It would benefit black children overall, but like you said it is another topic one in which I have spoke of years ago on this forum. Not asking for acceptance of this idea for you personally, but for me as an individual and one who would like to see more black children raised by both a mother and father I would see it being beneficial for that purpose. I personally as a black woman would do it for the benefit of all the single mothers who have children and although it would take some getting accustomed to I would do it for them. Different strokes for different folks!! I do not need to know about what someone else thinks or would do, I am an individual and if I stand alone so be it. I am comfortable in my own skin and having my own identity as a black woman.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 PM

947 posts, read 1,367,519 times
Quote:
I do not find it to be wise to make a judgment call such as this. Until you hear their story you are only assuming what you believe to be true. This is why it is important to hear their stories before you make it your story. I assume that there are many different reasons why black man choose white women, but I have to rely on what they tell me has their story to be their truth-whether I agree with it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships