Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 03:11 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
The absence of a father in the home, is the biggest reason and predictor of juvenille violence, especially with boys.
Agree and disagree. Ask any black child growing up, and they will tell you that while living in a single parent household their entire lives, they have seen many black men come in and out of their lives from their mother's relationships with men. The problem is, lack of quality and the lack of consistency.

Just like their male counterparts, black females are disproportionately in the juvenile and corrections system when you make the comparison between women of other races. That being daid, who's to blame? The chronically absent black fathers?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:30 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Agree and disagree. Ask any black child growing up, and they will tell you that while living in a single parent household their entire lives, they have seen many black men come in and out of their lives from their mother's relationships with men. The problem is, lack of quality and the lack of consistency.

Just like their male counterparts, black females are disproportionately in the juvenile and corrections system when you make the comparison between women of other races. That being daid, who's to blame? The chronically absent black fathers?
NO, studies have shown that the biggest predictor of juvenille deliquency lies in the absence of the BIOLOGICAL FATHER. It affects the males more than the females but it affects both.

The prescence of a stepfather or any other male prescence besides the BIOLOGICAL FATHER does very litle to curb juvenille deliquency.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:36 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Quote:
I agree with what you are saying, but I'm looking beyond that. With the male already out of the home (as detrimental at that is), part of the problem is simply bad mothers. I'm not referring particularly to the actual dynamic of male-female interaction, but moreso women just being terrible mothers as individuals. Many are neglectful, abusive and absent themselves, probably moreso-than other women of other races, although that is generally hidden through the sentiments and hostility towards the absentee black fathers. Generally speaking, the perception of the problems that plague the black family is that bad black father= bad black children, however, people hesistate to say bad black father + bad black mother= bad black children OR that bad black mothers= bad black sons.

Definitely agree with all of this, and I have said the same before: Many women simply arent good women. Period. They can complain all they want about everyone else, but many times they just arent good women. ...However no one can really prove this.

Why? You may ask. Because in modern society we havent actually defined what a "good woman" is, or what she is supposed to be. For the most part, everyone has knows the textbook definition of a man. Some would even define him as a "Real man". But the parameters for a female to be a "real woman", if that exists, are scant. So they alone are not able to be judged for their decisions. A woman's character is gauged relative to her interactions with men, and that judgment has been reserved in the interest of personal liberties. So today, no one has really bothered to quantify what a "good woman" is and what a "bad woman" is.

It would be deemed restrictive if society had placed parameters on a woman's behavior, so we dont. But realistically, a bad woman = a woman who picks a bad father for their children which = bad children. It always has, and it always will.

A woman who chooses a bad or irresponsible man to father her children, will more than likely have problematic children. I really believe this is the source of the problem. Because, truthfully, many women arent good women and wont be fit mothers as you stated. As psychological expert Dr. Laura said in describing one of her patients: "Sometimes poor decision making is just hereditary."

Their decision making skills have proven to be poor. And poor decision making is usually an indicator of other personality flaws that lead to abuse, neglect and poverty. But they dont know they arent good women to begin with, so nothing is asked of them.

This sounds like I am placing all responsibility on black women, but women are the alpha-omega of families imo. They are the ones who decide which male's genes will proceed to the next generation. If we asked men to sit back and control teir sexuality, wait for women to woo them, and then make a selection, I would place the responsibility on men. But currently we dont.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
NO, studies have shown that the biggest predictor of juvenille deliquency lies in the absence of the BIOLOGICAL FATHER. It affects the males more than the females but it affects both.

The prescence of a stepfather or any other male prescence does very litle to curb juvenille deliquency.
Nope, the "studies" make no distinction between that of the biological fathers and that of step fathers, but only towards the lack of ANY male in the household. This all alludes to my point about consistency. Men are there, however, there are various different men at various different times in the lives of the family. The lack of permanacy is part of the problem, the lack of quality (on my part) is simply observational. That's just common sense mixed with a bit of deductive reasoning.

I'll also include that the higher rate of BF incarcerations are a reflection of bad mothers. If it takes a "bad father" or an "absent black father" to yield a "bad black son", then the same is true for black mothers and black daughters, hence the higher rate compared to women of other races. Afterall if it takes a man to raise a man, then it takes a woman to raise a woman--not another man.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:48 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
OK, I have a terribly hard time believing there are "no good black men" out there...that is silly...I wonder if this falls into the category of women who don't want nice guys but only the bad boys...just trying to give a different perspective here.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Nope, the "studies" make no distinction between that of the biological fathers and that of step fathers, but only towards the lack of ANY male in the household. This all alludes to my point about consistency. Men are there, however, there are various different men at various different times in the lives of the family. The lack of permanacy is part of the problem, the lack of quality (on my part) is simply observational. That's just common sense mixed with a bit of deductive reasoning.

I'll also include that the higher rate of BF incarcerations are a reflection of bad mothers. If it takes a "bad father" or an "absent black father" to yield a "bad black son", then the same is true for black mothers and black daughters, hence the higher rate compared to women of other races.
Well you are reading the wrong studies.

Deductive reasoning? Oh no you didn't!

Children at times do not respond very well replacement for their real parents, especially during divorices. Boys and girls need their biological parents.

Of course, you need good mothers but juvenille deliquency is still linked to a lack of the father prescence in the home regardless if bad mothers are to blame for their daughters deliquency.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:54 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:

Children at times do not respond very well replacement for their real parents, especially during divorices. Boys and girls need their biological parents.

Of course, you need good mothers but juvenille deliquency is still linked to a lack of the father prescence in the home regardless if bad mothers are to blame for their daughters deliquency.
**ahem** if I may agree with you here, I do believe that there are times that bringing a step parent into the mix can be terribly detrimental to a child....it is not necessarily the presence of a parent around it is the quality...

Old 12-14-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:

Oh yes I did lol.

Where exactly is the correlation of biological parents and the presence of step-parents/boy friends of the mom and juvenile crime? If you have the right studies. I'd like to see them.

And of course the biological parent is the ideal, psychologically it builds a healthier esteem in children, but then again, so does getting everything you want for Christmas. However the higher incarceration rates are not built on the idea that the absense of the biological parent is the cure all. It simply states that the lack of (any) male presence out of the home is the problem. The Bio is the ideal, a step parent is fine, a parent's significant other is OK, and no male in the home is a problem. It works on a tier, again that's just common sense and some deductive reasoning.

And I'll maintain my position on juvenile BM and BW. Both are products of bad black parenting from both parents. Young black men are primarily a product of absent/bad black fathers and juvenile BW are primarily a result of absent and/or bad black mothers.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Oh yes I did lol.

Where exactly is the correlation of biological parents and the presence of step-parents/boy friends of the mom and juvenile crime? If you have the right studies. I'd like to see them.

And of course the biological parent is the ideal, psychologically it builds a healthier esteem in children, but then again, so does getting everything you want for Christmas. However the higher incarceration rates are not built on the idea that the absense of the biological parent is the cure all. It simply states that the lack of (any) male presence out of the home is the problem. The Bio is the ideal, a step parent is fine, a parent's significant other is OK, and no male in the home is a problem. It works on a tier, again that's just common sense and some deductive reasoning.

And I'll maintain my position on juvenile BM and BW. Both are products of bad black parenting from both parents. Young black men are primarily a product of absent/bad black fathers and juvenile BW are primarily a result of absent and/or bad black mothers.
Here is one, but I am about to go, I can try to find others later:
Single Parent Homes And Child Delinquency

Old 12-14-2009, 04:48 PM

313 posts, read 406,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No need to be defensive, although I guess you are because you have no doubt been asked this question before. I asked the question because I am curious. I have never run into someone who does not find at least some of those of their own race attractive. I have run into people who do not like those of other races. I really don't give a damn who you deal with or who you don't - I was just curious.

I'm not a white man, so I really don't care.

Anyway, I figured she might have a preference for black men because she's black. But that's just me. I, for instance, have never found an Indian man, since I know many Indian men, who did not like Indian women. See what I'm saying? It's just an interesting situation.

I have no preferences in who I find attractive, except they have to be female.

I didnt mean to sound like I had an attitude, if I did. I wasnt meaning it to be that way. when I say, I just do, it is because, there is not reasoning behind it, it isnt something that happened to me, or anything I saw, just what I have always been attracted to. I can recognize nice looking features in a black man, but, I have no desire to be intimate with them in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships