Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 03:47 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am not Black and not racist, but it seems like cheating or having 3, 4 women at the same time is much more accepted amongst Blacks than with other races. Also, so many Black men don't give a damn about being a good father, I know it is stereotypical but on TV, they always show those Black guys jumping up and down when they realize the child is not theirs. I am not saying this is exclusively a Black thing but there is a total lack of values and morals with the culture, I see the same behavioral patterns with uneducated, small town White folks and Hispanics.I would say, ignorance and lack of morals and values is the problem!
A post from a descendant of cursed Japheth, not even worth replying but I will.

Where's your proof besides your biased bigoted post? Wait, your username says it all.

You actually believe the propaganda crap they show on tv.

The media's goal is to stereotype others.

I do not know what planet you live you but I have seen lots of immorality with wealthy white people.

Many of our white presidents were womanizers.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:59 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
college , work, church, volunteering, trade school, community service, lectures, book signings, arts events, When I grew up black guys like that were like the 'Invisible Man" young women don't notice them.
their drinking, dancing, and partying is limited to family reunions, weddings and company picnics

Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We are friends with several mixed couples where there is a black male and white female which I'm sure makes it somewhat harder for a black woman.

I understand dating within ones race and culture but always wondered why more black women don't find a nice white guy. Many white guys would love a sexy, well adjusted woman of any race.

I have a client who is Asian in heritage. He's married to a beautiful black woman and they have 2 of the most beautiful kids. It's a great mix.
Because we are extremely loyal to black men...even the bad ones.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:08 PM

52,244 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post

Many of our white presidents were womanizers.
They pretty much all were.

The media back in the day didn't report it like they do now.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:29 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,311 times
Why is so much emphasis been made on dating black men? I don't understand. I'm black myself, I'm English. And I have never for one second thought about the race of the potential women that I wanted. Why can't you be more open minded and date white men too? Or other races and nationalities? Why only black men? I'm just baffled tbh.

Perhaps its because I live in a different country, but I have never ever had a problem in the dating world. Nobody here gives a second look at inter-racial couples. Nobody here cares if you are black, white, Indian, Pakistani etc. if you are a good person most people will give you a chance and date you. I really don't understand the emphasis of only looking for black men.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:03 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
"Good Black women" need to spend less time looking for "good Black men" and focus on:

-Having a pleasant attitude
-Managing weight in a healthy range
-Get the financial house in order
-Not expecting "Prince Charming" to pay for trivial things like nail and hair salon visits, cell phone, electric bills because you will reduce yourself to being trivial as well
-Stop following "ghetto" trends in style and fashion - just because its cute in the hood doesn't mean that the rest of us think so
-Building their self esteem (not over compensating for a lack there of with attitude)
-Understand that you can not use sex to buy love - initimacy should be reserved for men who have proven that they are worthy of such special step in a relationship
-Not being overly materialistic (seeking the value of good quality over a quantity of brand name labels)
-Stop dismissing good men as "corny" or "punks" because they aren't "hard" "roughnecks" "thugs"
-Step outside of the current comfort zone and explore new things (skiing, travel, hiking, etc.)
-Learn how to relinquish "control" over each and every situation and let the man in your life to be a man
-Open up to the possibility of finding love with a "Good Man" of any race, this maybe the blessing that God really has planned for you

Signed,

A Really Good Black Woman
Co-sign to the fullest. Women need to memorize this post

Old 12-11-2009, 05:19 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
Although I can understand the question and all...I do think it comes off a bit bad to ask "where have all the good Black men gone" as if all of them are 2 timing dogs...

And its bad enough to know that there are people out there (mainly of other races) who automatically stereotype Black guys as having baby mamas and bunches of kids too. Why perpetuate the nonsense with a question like this?

On the flip side, I can tell you its not much different in finding other 'good men'. Where have they gone? Well honey I just couldn't tell you that
First, I will start off by saying I didn't read any part of this thread so forgive me if any of this has been addressed. Also, the OP should have addressed the issue in a more generational sense rather than racially.

But, since you dove in head first defending the young black males, I'll bite.

Statistics alone will show the black community is having a tremendous problem with single INCOME households, many of which are gov't subsidized incomes. I use the word "income" instead of single "parent" because of the outragious percentage of young black males who leave the female high and dry as a parent and a provider.

That point is proven and is not up for debate. Like all other stereotypes, it was derived from some element of truth. Some more than others of course.

My point, people are asking these questions for a reason - this population dynamic has exploded since the early 80's. But, I will also note it's the younger generations of all races which is feeding this and it starts with that rap sht. Between btches, hoes, f'ing random hoes, etc., it has become almost socially acceptable to use and abuse a girl and once you get her pregnant, she is considered tainted and on to your next victim.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:06 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Why is so much emphasis been made on dating black men? I don't understand. I'm black myself, I'm English. And I have never for one second thought about the race of the potential women that I wanted. Why can't you be more open minded and date white men too? Or other races and nationalities? Why only black men? I'm just baffled tbh.

Perhaps its because I live in a different country, but I have never ever had a problem in the dating world. Nobody here gives a second look at inter-racial couples. Nobody here cares if you are black, white, Indian, Pakistani etc. if you are a good person most people will give you a chance and date you. I really don't understand the emphasis of only looking for black men.
You have much to learn about the States, friend.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:14 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msindy32 View Post
Where are all the good black men? The ones with jobs, the ones with respect, the ones that are affectionate, the ones who can tell the truth, the ones that are ok with having only 1 woman, the ones that really wanna do something with you besides just have sex! Where are they let me know please!
I fear sometimes they are a dying breed because in general they've had no fathers to show them how to be real men for several generations now

Old 12-11-2009, 06:15 PM

279 posts, read 593,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msindy32 View Post
Where are all the good black men? The ones with jobs, the ones with respect, the ones that are affectionate, the ones who can tell the truth, the ones that are ok with having only 1 woman, the ones that really wanna do something with you besides just have sex! Where are they let me know please!
I was going to give you some advice, but since I choose not to pursue romantic relationships with black men myself, I will refrain and just say good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships