Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,011,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
There's a good black man in Duval county right now
But I'd bet you don't wanna share him!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:34 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,232,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
After 900 + posts I'm starting to not care where the good black men went.

LOL
I don't know either. There are good ones and bad ones just like everyone else. You have to sort through the rubbage to find one that is worthy. Rugged
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NiE1p0h7HM

Old 01-16-2010, 02:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,476,398 times
Quote:
How much does he cost? How many miles does he have on him? I'll buy him from you

Old 01-16-2010, 02:53 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,311,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
That's all well and good. And I honestly wish you the best in your search. But as someone who is in his seventh year of marriage and has been with the same black woman for over a decade let me try to shed some light.

Miss me with that American dream stuff. What I mean is a marriage is not about being upwardly mobile. It is not about keeping up with a social standard based on material wealth (or the appearance of). It is not about who has the better job. It is not about the number of certificates you have hanging on the wall in your home office. There is nothing wrong with any of those things. And I am not trying disrespect the American Dream concept. But college degrees don't sooth arguments. Money doesn't make a man want to rediscover his wife after the seasons of life have brought about change. "Good" schools don't give children character, and they dang sure don't move them to love and respect their parents.

On a personal note my parents were teens when they had me. They never married and broke up soon after I was born. My wife's parents did marry but went through a horrible divorce that tore their family apart. I have a number of half siblings as does my wife. When I look at my wife and our two kids (that were born after we married) I realize this is much bigger than her and I. This is about way more than a checklist of mate qualities. This is about so much more than being "upwardly mobile." For us, this is about changing the direction of our families. My parents never married. My father's parents never married. My mother's parents never married. And by that you can guess the kinds of lives my family members have lived. Yet my son and daughter were born to married mother and father. That may mean nothing to you or anyone else. However, for me that runs deeper than any conversation about mate qualities and education level. The daily decision that my wife and I make to give of ourselves into this union is literally breaking down barriers for our son and daughter. Years from now when I am gone I hope my posterity can look back at my wife and I and say the direction our family line changed with us.

Really, some people shouldn't get married. At least they shouldn't until their understanding opens up and they see what this is really about. Most of the people who participate in conversations like this have not a clue. That goes for men and women. It's just constant bickering back and forth and nothing is resolved. Some of you will never experience "us" because you think too much about "me".
EXCELLENT POST!! EXCELLENT POST!! EXCELLENT POST!!

Old 01-16-2010, 04:17 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,103,227 times
Quote:
You already know mama You're looking at 'em

Old 01-16-2010, 04:39 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,088,596 times
MODERATOR--I beg you! Can you please close this post. I'm sick & tired of looking at it everyday. And it's such a foolish and juvenile question, anyway. I mean, c'mon, the OP is just ticked-off about her personal life or lack thereof, so is merely venting by acting a rhetorical question. The same question could be asked about any race or gender: "Where have all the (insert here: white, yellow brown, men, women, children, etc.) gone?" And it would be eually as loathsome a question.
And I'm sorry to say that it is certainly no testimony to the intelligence of my fellow CDers that this thread has gone on this long. Fer chrissakes: I answered it with a joke comment--because that's all it deserves-- about two weeks ago! And it's still here? Grow up, y'all.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:15 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,290,032 times
I see them all the time where I live, so I feel for those who have to ask this question. Broaden your horizons or pack up and move elsewhere.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:25 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,583,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
After 900 + posts I'm starting to not care where the good black men went.

LOL
Page 1...December 11th...I predicted that it would be locked by 5pm that night. Guess I was wayyyy off

Old 01-17-2010, 09:26 PM

51,964 posts, read 52,408,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Page 1...December 11th...I predicted that it would be locked by 5pm that night. Guess I was wayyyy off
LOL I guess you were.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,336,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
You already know mama You're looking at 'em
LOL you see how these other chicks jocking? Go away! This here black man is mines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
But I'd bet you don't wanna share him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
How much does he cost? How many miles does he have on him? I'll buy him from you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships