Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 AM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,168,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Options, how good are those options, and the chances of getting caught. I suggest to woman if you don't want a guy to ever cheat, your best bet is finding a guy who is A) not attractive by traditional standards or B)a guy who is a straight bum C) a guy with real low self esteem or D)a guy that you can keep good track of (works at home, lives in a small town, few to no friends)ect...

I'm telling u if u find a nice looking,a guy who has real high confidence or can flash some serious cash, and lives in a big city; he may be faithful for awhile 2 years, 5 years, maybe even 10, but at some point, if he gets a good offer that can accomplished without getting caught, then he'll take it. Sorry but its true.
Many men and women who fit this description have NEVER cheated, myself being one of them. If you knew your facts you would see that cheating is actually much more common in lower socioeconomic classes.

Also, what does attraction have to do with it? I've met people who were very attractive who have never cheated, because they have this tiny little thing called *integrity* and a solid moral structure. On the flip side, I've met people (not by choice) who were completely hideous looking and admitted to cheating regularly.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:37 AM

37,616 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Why is the above post silly. Seriously, from a guy's perspective, how many times can you have sex with the same woman b4 it becomes at least a lil stale. TOo many woman like to believe they have this magic vagina that can lock a man for life and he will never try anything else, not true. Most men who don't cheat probably don't out of fear of losing their situation, i.e they have a woman that makes a ton of money or they can't pay for property alone.
Women have the power to be happy with one penis forever b/c trying new ones brings more risks than vice versa. Men are just built differently. Different smells, different sounds, different boob sizes, different butt sizes,---we love that stuff
If it becomes stale, then you aren't taking care of the relationship properly.
In other words, YOU AREN'T DOING IT RIGHT.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Women have the power to be happy with one penis forever b/c trying new ones brings more risks than vice versa. Men are just built differently. Different smells, different sounds, different boob sizes, different butt sizes,---we love that stuff
I have met a lot of women who would totally disagree with this concept. Men are as different as women in what you've described above. That's always the thrill of a new partner is because it's all different, new and exciting.

Really this thread would be more appropriate if it included women also. Men seem to cheat more cause they are stupid and get caught. Women probably cheat just as often but they probably do a better job of not getting busted.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:55 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Silliest analogy I've ever heard.
Thanks for the comment. I don't expect applause. My ideas of maturity and confidence are certainly different from the usual on the Relationships forum.
I will admit I don't believe in America's prudish, wholesome, passion inhibiting values. I am confident in myself.
I also think it's possible to love more than people at one time, although not always sexually. Love is not a passion that should be restricted or fenced in.
I understand that some people prefer sacrificing themselves to boring relationships for honor or moral values.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:03 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Well, anybody who thinks men have anywhere close to a monopoly on cheating needs to talk to an OB. We have a friend who is one and, according to her, a week doesn't go by when some mom-to-be calls her up and asks, "Now, can you tell me what day I conceived?"

The motive behind that question, of course, is finding out who the father actually is. What's more, she went on to say that, at least every few weeks, a baby comes out that doesn't look like the husband at all. As in different ethnicity.

According to some recent studies, roughly 8-10% of all babies born into two-parent American households have no genetic link to the father. That's one in twelve.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:01 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Quote:
Options, how good are those options, and the chances of getting caught. I suggest to woman if you don't want a guy to ever cheat, your best bet is finding a guy who is A) not attractive by traditional standards or B)a guy who is a straight bum C) a guy with real low self esteem or D)a guy that you can keep good track of (works at home, lives in a small town, few to no friends)ect...

I'm telling u if u find a nice looking,a guy who has real high confidence or can flash some serious cash, and lives in a big city; he may be faithful for awhile 2 years, 5 years, maybe even 10, but at some point, if he gets a good offer that can accomplished without getting caught, then he'll take it. Sorry but its true.
I travel frequently, am tall and told by many women (including one's I'm not related to ) that I am attractive, I make good money, I live in ritzy suburb and have healthy self esteem - I would never cheat on my wife.

Cheating is a choice, not the product of your circumstances. Its amazing that when you don't look for opportunities how little you have to worry about this crap.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:26 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
It's hard to be a cheater when you're not getting any other offers anyhow.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:43 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Why is the above post silly. Seriously, from a guy's perspective, how many times can you have sex with the same woman b4 it becomes at least a lil stale. TOo many woman like to believe they have this magic vagina that can lock a man for life and he will never try anything else, not true. Most men who don't cheat probably don't out of fear of losing their situation, i.e they have a woman that makes a ton of money or they can't pay for property alone.
I feel dumber for having read this.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:45 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
What's your favorite meal? Ribs? Steak? Spaghetti? Or whatever. Just think if you ate your favorite meal 3 times every day for years. It probably wouldn't be as special anymore.
Cheating is tasting variety. Life is for variety. Cheating does not mean that a man (or woman) has any less love for his/her partner.
Any relationship should not be a matter of ownership. Any relationship with two mature confident adults can survive an episode of cheating.
Throwing tantrums over cheating is childish.
Where did the idea come from that couples should limit their relations to each other? That is against human nature.

I can think of probably 100 things to do with beef and I'm quite sure if I actually got bored of those recipes I could find 100 more if I looked.
SO I've chosen beef and NOW I'll spend the rest of my life enjoying beef and finding ways to spice it up if I need a change of flavour.

I'm also perfectly happy to go vegetarian from time to time and so is my partner.

I don't spend my days obsessing over the beef and how to spice it up. There's plenty of other things to do in life.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:49 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I feel dumber for having read this.
I dunno...I'm actually feeling quite pleased now I've discovered I might have a magic vagina.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships