U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:17 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,406,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi MsRiss7383,

That was the one time I went. It was a friend of a friends bachelor party. It was pretty surreal. The relative shallow thing I liked most was charming a woman which in that case was only a $20 bill away for the plastic replica. The idea that the woman are humiliated is really not true in my mind. Its the men.

There is nothing more sexy to me than entering a woman's space and whispering in her ear that you want her to do something and then she does it. I desire the mind that controls the body.
I agree about it being humiliating to the men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 08:17 PM

3,441 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Otherwise, I find it pretty pathetic and sad that 1. these women are conning you out of your money 2. these women are degrading themselves to con you out of your money. I just find the whole thing unsavory.
^^^ I don't see a difference when I look at political figures but I'm sure you voted.

As far as women "degrading" themselves, well, it's really not like many of them have a choice because it's a fact that many women wind up in strip joints because they come from broken homes and have no other skills to take care of themselves. A few ARE going to school while they strip.

I'm sure some much rather work in a safer environment, and I'm sure some don't want to use sex to make money, but the reality is, when you can only get paid 8-15 bucks an hour, taking your clothes off to make 500 bucks in a night sounds more logical if your trying to take care of yourself and you have no other skills.

So with that being said, it's really not fair to look down on somebody just because they were born into a family with major problems.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:20 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,406,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
^^^ I don't see a difference when I look at political figures but I'm sure you voted.

As far as women "degrading" themselves, well, it's really not like many of them have a choice because it's a fact that many women wind up in strip joints because they come from broken homes and have no other skills to take care of themselves. A few ARE going to school while they strip.

I'm sure some much rather work in a safer environment, and I'm sure some don't want to use sex to make money, but the reality is, when you can only get paid 8-15 bucks an hour, taking your clothes off to make 500 bucks in a night sounds more logical if your trying to take care of yourself and you have no other skills.

So with that being said, it's really not fair to look down on somebody just because they were born into a family with major problems.
Plenty of people are born into difficult families and don't become strippers. I volunteer with a program that helps women who have little education to write resumes, learn marketable skills, etc. That's the type of thing we should be focusing our efforts on, not going to the strip clubs to support them. And just because politcal figures are scumbags doesn't mean that we all have to lower our standards. I don't care how poor I was, my clothes will stay on. I value myself enough to find other way
and I expect other to as well.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:38 PM

3,441 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
I volunteer with a program that helps women who have little education to write resumes, learn marketable skills, etc. That's the type of thing we should be focusing our efforts on.
I agree.

Quote:
And just because political figures are scumbags doesn't mean that we all have to lower our standards.
I never said that. I was just pointing out that people fail to see who the real scumbags are. I mean, maybe it's the fault of the people who voted that jobs would be exported overseas along with the masses that stood by and did nothing that created the condition where some girls need to chose 9 bucks an hour at Wallmart or 500 bucks a night at "The Kittyclub".

Quote:
I don't care how poor I was, my clothes will stay on. I value myself enough to find other way and I expect other to as well.
Good for you, and I mean that, but keep in mind that others don't have the strength that you do.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:24 AM

24,196 posts, read 13,543,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post

Not that it's my style, but I knew a girl, friend of a friend really, seen her at parties and functions, just sort of travelled in the same circle, she was in college as we all were at the time , extremely attractive, bubbly and well adjusted, had a great boyfriend and wasn't from a broken or problematic home and was a stripper while she was in college. Why? She came home with $500 plus a night for a couple hours of work and never had to touch a sole.

She has her masters degree, married the man she was dating at the time and now has two children. So, they aren't all stereotypes. Not that I'd do it - but it worked for her.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:30 AM

21,124 posts, read 23,926,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Not that it's my style, but I knew a girl, friend of a friend really, seen her at parties and functions, just sort of travelled in the same circle, she was in college as we all were at the time , extremely attractive, bubbly and well adjusted, had a great boyfriend and wasn't from a broken or problematic home and was a stripper while she was in college. Why? She came home with $500 plus a night for a couple hours of work and never had to touch a sole.

She has her masters degree, married the man she was dating at the time and now has two children. So, they aren't all stereotypes. Not that I'd do it - but it worked for her.
My point exactly. If you think that being a stripper or going to a strip club is disgusting, unsavory, etc, then that's your prerogative but it's the outright generalizations and stereotyping which irk me no end. Best to speak of what you know rather than what you assume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships