Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:36 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
How sad that she felt she had to do that so she could feed her kids. How embarassing for her.
Lucky for her my buddy is a big teddy bear and didn't seem to care? The best guy you will ever know. I love ya man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 08:37 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No kiddin'! I was just recently reading that we adults throw tantrums precisely because of this sweet memory of Mommy coming to fix it all... Too bad there's only one Mommy and some of us don't even have her anymore.
Yep, we are all nothing more then tall 2 year olds...

Quote:
the rest of the people are not likely to put up with us...
Scream loud enough and they will. That's the thing, most people don't speak up out of embarrassment.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Yep, we are all nothing more then tall 2 year olds...
Pretty much... the terrible 2s!

Quote:
Scream loud enough and they will. That's the thing, most people don't speak up out of embarrassment.
I've tried - it ain't workin'...

Old 12-13-2009, 09:43 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
lol do you suggest I should father her and take care of her? If she is so immature and rude to get utterly drunk on a date, then I am sorry, she can pay for her own tab and find herself a cab and go home. I'll wash my hands and cut my losses. I have no time for losers like that.
Still not an excuse not to be a gentleman (at least call her a cab).

Old 12-13-2009, 09:46 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
I've tried - it ain't workin'...
Keep changing the audience somebody will bite.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:05 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
For me it when my date doesn't eat any or very little of her food. She orders the most expensive thing on the menu, which I wouldn't care if she ate it, just because she can. I think sometimes they try to impress you with how little they eat? I'm not impressed, however there is more for me so it isn't a total loss. Lets here some of yours?
You are a sucker, should be 50-50 for paying

Old 12-14-2009, 06:14 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphous01 View Post
keep changing the audience somebody will bite.

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/cry-baby.jpg

Old 12-14-2009, 06:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
These days I would, although being married now it's NOT the issue it once was.

When I was younger and trying to be polite, it was weird the first few times, then slowly became irritating.

As for telling her no, first off the mood is tarnished by the introduction of conflict. If you think there's no conflict based on this then bear in mind that many men who might read these lines are right now saying to themselves "Yeah, right -- NO conflict at all" with a knowing smirk.

If you don't tell her no, you're now seeing something (and usually paying for it) you weren't as interested in, if at all. As you're standing in line for some concessions, having already paid for said tickets, she "won", you're seeing her movie, and even if you're being as accomodating as possible, she won't let it go.

"You're mad now, aren't you?"
"What?"
"You're mad about not seeing your movie."
"No, really -- this is fine, I can see it another time. We'll see this one."
"But you wanted to see the other one."
"Yes, but really, this is fine. Like I said, I can see it later."
"If you want we can still go to the other one."
"No we can't. I bought tickets to this one. I'd have to stand in line to see if they'd exchange them at all."
"I can stand in line."
"You don't have to do that. This movie is fine."
"No, you're mad, I can tell."
"I'm not mad."
"Yes you are."
"Why do you think I'm mad?"
"Well, for one, your tone of voice."
"I didn't have a 'tone of voice' until you started with this. This other movie is FINE -- really!"
"I knew it. You're upset."
"Are you trying to drive me crazy?"
"No, it's just that..."
"Just that what?"
"Nothing."
"Don't do that."
"Do what?"
"Start that 'nothing' thing. If something is bothering you, just tell me."
"No, it's nothing."
"WHAT is 'nothing'?"
"I can tell, you wanted to see that other movie."
"I did; but you want to see this one. I already said it's fine. I bought tickets. We're going to see this one."
"Yes, but you don't really want to."

There will be a couple of guys who will sniff and say "I never had to put up with any such thing." They'll say this whether it's true or not.

There will be a couple of really sensitive guys who will insist I was giving off unconscious signals and making her uncomfortable. They'll chide me for this.

And there will be several guys who read this and say "Yep, that's about right. It may not be a movie, may be something else, but I KNOW that conversation, know it well."

Second, have you ever tried to enjoy a movie you wanted to see with someone there who didn't want to be there?

If you DO tell her no, you'll get that *huff* that means I'm upset and you need to ask me why. If you don't ask me why I plan to keep this up for the remainder of the evening OR until I hyperventilate, in which case if I faint and hit my head it's your fault. And by the way, THIS movie is STUPID! And YOU'RE stupid, too!

Yes, all that contained in a huff of air. Who says we men aren't communicators?
Oh wow. In the words of King Arthur, run awaaaaaaaay! Run away!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:55 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
I do on occasion allow the literary to take hold.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:03 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Man, if that is dating conversation, I can't imagine what old-married-couple conversation would be like. I really can't stand that kind of squabbling. I think I would excuse myself to the restroom and slip out a back door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships