U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 12:44 PM

2,596 posts, read 7,476,623 times
Default can anemia affect sex drive in women?

My friend told me, his wifes sex drive has dropped dramamtically, sicne she was diagnosed with anemia, he sts shes always tired, can anemia affect sex drive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 12:47 PM

10,635 posts, read 10,257,941 times
Well ask yourself this, if your always tired and have no energy, do you feel like engaging in hot monkey sex?

Old 12-14-2009, 12:48 PM

16,623 posts, read 12,916,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well ask yourself this, if your always tired and have no energy, do you feel like engaging in hot monkey sex?
Uh.. yes.

But the question was about the symptoms of anemia, which extend beyond one's energy levels.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:54 PM

10,635 posts, read 10,257,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Uh.. yes.

But the question was about the symptoms of anemia, which extend beyond one's energy levels.
Would you tell that to my bf. For some reason after working 12/7 plus an 3 hr commute he's thinks hes too tired!

The question was can anemia affect sex drive. Anemia affects energy levels which can affect sex drive.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:55 PM

20,576 posts, read 17,100,318 times
I can see a link between being very tired and having no sex drive. I used to be borderline anemic, though, and I never had that problem. What would the diagnosis have to do with it anyway? I mean, you said that she's lost interest ever since her diagnosis. Surely her anemic symptoms were there before the diagnosis.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:58 PM

3,140 posts, read 1,848,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
My friend told me, his wifes sex drive has dropped dramamtically, sicne she was diagnosed with anemia, he sts shes always tired, can anemia affect sex drive?
Here is where I would be questioning the whole thing. People are not usually diagnosed at the onset of anemia, so if the sex drive dropped when she was diagnosed, and not prior to that, then it is not probably the anemia itself. Think about it, at the time she was diagnosed, she had probably had anemia for awhile, so if it was the anemia that was causing the lack of sex drive, then it would of been occuring prior to diagnosis.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:59 PM

16,623 posts, read 12,916,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Would you tell that to my bf.
Sure, just send me contact info.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 9,330,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Yes. Anemia affects all aspects of your life, since the symptoms of anemia are fatique/lack of energy, dizziness, insomnia, difficulty concentrating, shortness of breath and etc... She needs to figure out what she is lacking in the body...is it iron, B12 or both, or is it due to lead poisoning and she needs to treat it right away. Good news is that anemia with proper supplementation and diet can be easily cured.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:02 PM

20,576 posts, read 17,100,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Here is where I would be questioning the whole thing. People are not usually diagnosed at the onset of anemia, so if the sex drive dropped when she was diagnosed, and not prior to that, then it is not probably the anemia itself. Think about it, at the time she was diagnosed, she had probably had anemia for awhile, so if it was the anemia that was causing the lack of sex drive, then it would of been occuring prior to diagnosis.
Exactly. Thanks for explaining that better. If the sex drive disappeared after the diagnosis, it sounds like an excuse to me. The tiredness and lack of sex drive would have gone hand-in-hand before the diagnosis, otherwise.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:02 PM

2,596 posts, read 7,476,623 times
He told me the doc told her to take b12, stay away from caffeine indifinately, and exercise, but shes been anemic for atlest 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships