Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:28 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am sorry but I find this comment a bit IGNORANT. She was on birth control the entire time and I absolutely DO NOT want KIDS, what if she forgot to take the pill or whatever the case may be, I always see condoms as a back-up if everything else fails. I respect myself too much and I am not risking my life and health because of sex. I can understand having unprotected sex if we were married for years BUT otherwise,I don't think it is very SMART. Didn't we just have a thread about all these women who were infected with AIDS by one guy? If people want to be stupid and take chances, go right ahead, I respect myself too much!
I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with your choice to wear condoms but I wanted to throw out a few thoughts.

Condoms can and do fail, just the same as a woman can forget to take a pill.

I'm not sure I understand your statement that you wouldn't use a condom if you had been married for years. You've been with this girl for 6 years. That's a pretty significant period of time. Is there a specific time frame where you'd stop using it - 10 years, 15 years? Does that time include your relationship prior to marriage? I'm not being snarky...just wondering.

Listen, I don't fault you for wanting to be safe but I think you took lovesMountains' comment completely out of context. Once you do have sex without a condom you will realize how different it is. That's all she was saying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 09:36 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,180,492 times
Quote:
I am sorry but I find this comment a bit IGNORANT. She was on birth control the entire time and I absolutely DO NOT want KIDS, what if she forgot to take the pill or whatever the case may be, I always see condoms as a back-up if everything else fails. I respect myself too much and I am not risking my life and health because of sex. I can understand having unprotected sex if we were married for years BUT otherwise,I don't think it is very SMART. Didn't we just have a thread about all these women who were infected with AIDS by one guy? If people want to be stupid and take chances, go right ahead, I respect myself too much!
Once you have unprotected sex you will never want to use a condom again. But, I understand your caution.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:54 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
If people want to be stupid and take chances, go right ahead, I respect myself too much!
Don't you think if you really believed this you would not be having sex with someone you're not in a committed relationship and broke up with over 30 days prior.

In those 30 days she could have picked up the HIV Virus and even with a condom you put yourself at high risk. Passing body fluids even with a condom is very possible.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Here is my story: I broke up with my ex girlfriend about a month ago and since we agreed to break up, we have not had any physical or sexual contact.

This afternoon, I came to her house and we went to the grocery store together. After we got back, I was feeling a bit horny and jokingly asked if she wanted to have sex, I was not expecting a positive response but she agreed to it and I was very surprised.

Anyways, I just got back from her house a few minutes ago and I kid you not, this was the best sex I have ever had in my entire life. When we were together, we would always argue over sex and we would go sometimes weeks without it because she has a low sex drive due to some health problems.

My dilemma is: We are oficially broken up and I really want to move on but the physical and emotional connection I felt today was very strong and I don't know what to do.

I don't think a relationship would work at this point because of our differences but I left her house very happy and satisfied, especially because I was not expecting it. Now,I am very confused and I wanted to understand why the sex this time was so good and so passionate, much more than we were officially in a relationship. Should we continue to have casual sex or NOT? I am just very confused right now

I agree with the other posters in that you could get her pregnant and then be stuck with a woman you don't get along with FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE in one way or another.

I was in your shoes with my last relationship. We broke up but I was still having relations for a few months after but I thought to myself; "why take the chance of getting a girl pregnant who I don't even get along with outside of being intimate?". So I left for good and I have no regrets.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:11 PM

85 posts, read 153,895 times
While not bashing unprotected sex, there have been great advances in condoms in the past few years. There is big difference between older condoms, and some newer ones on the market.

If you haven't purchased condoms in a while, you may want to give a try to what's new out there. You can buy variety packs to sample which ones work the best for you.

An additional trick that works for some, is to put a drop of condom safe lube inside the condom before putting it on.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:32 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Listener View Post
While not bashing unprotected sex, there have been great advances in condoms in the past few years. There is big difference between older condoms, and some newer ones on the market.

If you haven't purchased condoms in a while, you may want to give a try to what's new out there. You can buy variety packs to sample which ones work the best for you.

An additional trick that works for some, is to put a drop of condom safe lube inside the condom before putting it on.
I'm sporting a baby arm over here, need more than a drop of condom safe lube.

Then the alarm went off........

Old 12-14-2009, 10:49 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

lol

Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Here is my story: I broke up with my ex girlfriend about a month ago and since we agreed to break up, we have not had any physical or sexual contact.

This afternoon, I came to her house and we went to the grocery store together. After we got back, I was feeling a bit horny and jokingly asked if she wanted to have sex, I was not expecting a positive response but she agreed to it and I was very surprised.

Anyways, I just got back from her house a few minutes ago and I kid you not, this was the best sex I have ever had in my entire life. When we were together, we would always argue over sex and we would go sometimes weeks without it because she has a low sex drive due to some health problems.

My dilemma is: We are oficially broken up and I really want to move on but the physical and emotional connection I felt today was very strong and I don't know what to do.

I don't think a relationship would work at this point because of our differences but I left her house very happy and satisfied, especially because I was not expecting it. Now,I am very confused and I wanted to understand why the sex this time was so good and so passionate, much more than we were officially in a relationship. Should we continue to have casual sex or NOT? I am just very confused right now
I find your post strange in the respect, you only mention how the sex was for you....pleasing your partner is just as important as pleasing yourself, possibly thats where a problem lies in your relationship.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:45 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:

In a word, "Yuck!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships