Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:48 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
My disdain for tats has nothing to do with judging a woman's past lifestyle, I just think they distract from her body. I see a nice big set of boobs and they have tats on them I no longer can admire her boobs as all I can fixate on are the tats, and that goes for anywhere on her body.

See...this is honesty. I'd rather hear this than listen to someone get all preachy and judgemental. Or hid behind stating obvious facts like "tattos are permanent...well no duh!
Some people are turned off by tats....some are not.

No reason to make up reasons as to why it is. It just is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 01:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
I would have dimmed the lights and continued with the mission.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:40 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Of course, just like some people still smoke cigarettes, or decide to get really drunk every weekend in an effort to have fun, or those that decide that they need to have that extra large slice of chocolate cake to make them happy. Every personal choice has a consequence.

Getting tattooed, a large gauge piercing, fake boobs or ass enhancements or deciding to dress like Shakira does have an affect on how others are going to view them. That woman getting those large body tattoos is akin another woman putting on too much cheap makeup. If a woman dresses up like a hooker with a pushup bra and mini dress to go to the clubs, of course, negative judgments will be passed on her morals.

Unfortunately, tattoos are permanent marks on ones skin, unlike cosmetic makeup or clothing that can be changed.

Anyway, I'm sure that this tattooed woman will one day find a man that will appreciate all that she is, it just wasn't the O.P.'s friend. No biggie. Otherwise, I think that these threads are beneficial as I hope that anyone contemplating getting a tattoo will think more seriously about the consequences of having it done. From this thread, there are clearly many people that like tattoos, but there are also people that dislike them intensely. And I feel that knowledge is power.
Dogs with bones abound. You've rattled on about "prison tats" when you have no idea whether or not the poster's friend's tats were or were not indicative of anything of the sort and of which no mention whatsoever was made by the OP. You've postulated about smokers and drinkers and those who bear out of wedlock children as though they're all in a group of pariahs who should have known better in the first place than to fall so far from the road which to you is the straight and narrow and from which you and your sisters never digressed. Congratulations on perceiving yourself in such a "holier than thou" light. We peons can only hope to minimally bask in the outskirts of such an aura and must therefore be content with the trailing orts.

Knowledge is power for true but tolerance and humility go a long way towards being a good human being.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Dingler ..... Is that you?

Old 12-15-2009, 02:52 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
What if it was a tattoo of a big set of boobs on her big set of boobs?

j/k lion...lol.

I busted out (hmm busted out, so appropiate eh) laughing as I read this and a person I work with was walking in giving me a weird look like "what's so funny?"

Being the boob fetish freak fanatic oggly oh oh OH over them that I am tats on a set of wonderous globes is a special peeve of mine that and tramp stamps across the back. Actually women with arms all stamped up I hate also. Now a ankle or maybe small shoulder one, well that is ok.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:00 PM

157 posts, read 574,286 times
Quite honestly, if I really liked someone, tattoos would not be an issue for me.

Most people connect more with a person's brain than they do outward appearances and if I clicked with someone, that would be that.

There has to be some initial attraction to begin with, though. He must have hopped into bed with the ex-tattooed gal pretty quickly if she hadn't even talked about her tattoos!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
OP - Your friend should have tried closing his eyes. A good lay is hard to find except in Hawaii.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:17 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
So a man anticipates much of his life to see what puts Michelangelo to shame only to find that he has a woman who can never be naked...That puts Dante's Inferno to shame.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:26 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyaugusta View Post
Quite honestly, if I really liked someone, tattoos would not be an issue for me.

Most people connect more with a person's brain than they do outward appearances and if I clicked with someone, that would be that.

There has to be some initial attraction to begin with, though. He must have hopped into bed with the ex-tattooed gal pretty quickly if she hadn't even talked about her tattoos!
Hi ladyaugusta,

Another female projection trial balloon makes rubbery, deflating flapping noises. If you mean to exclude men, then I agree with you. Men like the way women look, and its significant enough whether it is more or not. If that were not the case, then you would not have a chance against their fishing buddy. Be glad its not just about the brain otherwise the water ways would be truly foul.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:38 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Tattoos are a turn off. I always ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships