Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 03:50 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,365,699 times

Advertisements

Is it wrong to call it a law, in that this always will happen? the way i see it though, it doesn't have to end the friendship necessarily. Either one of these scenarios can happen:

- One party says to the other they like them, they talk it over, one decides they won't return the attraction, they both forget about it and move on.

- One party says they like the other, they talk it over, but decide to end the friendship since it complicates affairs too much.

- They both like each other, and have an actual romantic relationship.

So, again, is it wrong to call this a law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 04:07 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,529,610 times
I don't believe this will always happen. It may often happen, but two people of opposite genders can decide there's no way a relationship between them would ever work--that they are not each other's type.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:08 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,566,646 times
You asked opposing questions.

No, I don't agree with this.
Yes, it's wrong to call it a law.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:11 PM

37,461 posts, read 45,673,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Is it wrong to call it a law, in that this always will happen? the way i see it though, it doesn't have to end the friendship necessarily. Either one of these scenarios can happen:

- One party says to the other they like them, they talk it over, one decides they won't return the attraction, they both forget about it and move on.

- One party says they like the other, they talk it over, but decide to end the friendship since it complicates affairs too much.

Not a law at all. I do have a few male friends where there is no romantic inclination from either party. It happens, but certainly not all the time.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,159,715 times
nah

possible for both parties to not be attracted to each other.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:19 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,181,361 times
It seems guys have a problem with being actual pure friends more so than females. AT least in the 20's.
Now it seems women n the 30's are going totally crazy for anything male....maybe trying to cash in before they look cashed out? Who knows.

People are nuts
all of us

Old 12-18-2009, 06:34 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,336,493 times
Quote:

Which one. Three different scenarios can't be construed to be a law.

My wife and I were work friends without a hint of romance who admired and respected one another for five years. I asked her to join me for a day trip to the beach one weekend. No romance intended -- just some time with a friend with whom I enjoyed conversing. I'd been divorced for a couple of years and living like a monk. The company of a friend sounded like a good idea. She thought so too.

The rest is history but there's no "law" that governed it.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:38 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,338,718 times
Quote:

It's not a law, because once in a while male and female are just friends. This happens often when they had been friends since childhood and have no attraction towards each other, basically don't find each other physically attractive.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,702,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
nah

possible for both parties to not be attracted to each other.
Yeah there are times that both parties like each other...then realize later they are better friends than boyfriend and girl friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships