Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:33 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,427 times

Advertisements

I know for a fact that my husband (who is white) has commented on women of all shapes, sizes and colors being attractive. It's funny because--along the lines of people saying if a white dude is with a black chick he has "jungle fever" or whatever--I'm a redhead, and people have asked me all the time if my husband has a fetish for redheads (he doesn't, not even a preference really). It does kind of offend me, because I hate the feeling that someone could assume that my marriage is based on an objectification, however I try to realize that they don't mean to be offensive and that they're merely curious. I'm not a "subtle" redhead; I have lots of thick, wavy, long BRIGHT red hair--so I've gotten some weird attention before from men who I do think have a fetish for it.

As for me, I've seen men of all races and colors that I've found attractive. In fact, I've reaaaalllly found some mixed-race (black/white or black/asian or another combo) men attractive.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:21 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
You have seriously failed at promoting the beauty of African American females as a whole. Furthermore, your perspective of African American women is narrow and offensive. And maybe a lot of men share your perspective. I hope not. Your attitude certainly does give credence to how I feel about the matter. I have always observed Caucasian men's interest in African American women. The problem is they do not place the same value on African American women as they do on Caucasian women. And maybe "slave-master" mentality does have something to do with it. However, that needs to change because African American women have always been beautiful and talented with a lot to offer any man on any color. I guess you have not seen it that way exactly. According to you African American females are typically not educated or in good shape; nor have class or good manners , but most Caucasian women do. The African American female has to rise to a certain level to be even worth the consideration of dating, but all the Caucasian female has to do is be white... Do you see how your dual standard is rooted and grounded in a backward, non-progressive and narrow mind set? I hope there are more enlighten Caucasian men than you out there. Then maybe African American women will have equal dating opportunities too. Good luck in your dating pursuits.
The best post in this whole thread.

No need to hope either, there are enlightened men out there who know better than to stereotype all black women.

To answer the OP, no one can say for sure if many white men are attracted to black women. All you need to know is there are some white men attracted to some black women. Attraction is only the first hurdle. Are those same men willing to date, introduce you to their family and friends, get married, etc? That is a whole different story. You can believe if you were only looking for FWB type of deal, you'd have them beating down your door. If you are looking for long-term marriage or relationship, the pickings would be quite a bit less. So the attraction, is there but depending on who you are interested in, you may be relegated to secret lover status.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:21 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
Default I started to look

in the late 90's. Especially the black Latinas.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:47 PM

202 posts, read 484,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyKid View Post
This is my own assessment along with the many white friends I have. I would say we have interacted with hundreds of black girls in the southern california area from many different socioeconomic levels. This is just our assesement. It might be different in other parts of the country. Every black girl I meet does not live in the stereotypical areas such as compton south L.A. etc. by the way. This is not the case for most of the ones I meet.

Read my post again. It is very hard to find a black girl with all the attributes I described above. Maybe southern california doesn't have a big enough black population?

What is also funny is that my male black friends say the exact same thing as me.

There is some truth to what MonkeyKid says, and i'm black (mixed race actually) myself. I see a lot of these ghetto acting chicks, and it annoys me to no end. I do not act like that myself, and I hate it that black women have to get labeled that way. Part of it is just the ignorance of whites and some black men putting all black women into this catergory.

And the other part are the black women who do live up to the stereotype. Like I said..annoying.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metye7 View Post
This post made me start thinking about something else. If someone is not attracted to someone of another race, is it specifically the fact that they are the other race, or is it actual attributes.

Lets say someone is biracial black/white, but looks white, for those that say they are not attracted to black women, would you date them? or would it be a no, because they are half black, even if you can't tell it?

I've wondered this too. Because i'm mixed black/white, light skinned with green eyes. I get more interest from white men than black men sometimes. And yeah i believe i'ts because of my features.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:59 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
There is some truth to what MonkeyKid says, and i'm black (mixed race actually) myself. I see a lot of these ghetto acting chicks, and it annoys me to no end. I do not act like that myself, and I hate it that black women have to get labeled that way. Part of it is just the ignorance of whites and some black men putting all black women into this catergory.

And the other part are the black women who do live up to the stereotype. Like I said..annoying.
I've always kind of wondered what blacks thought when they see someone black acting big time "ghetto". I would think that maybe they might get a little irritated. I often think that they are giving fodder to the racists crowd.

It might be worse for non whites in that respect. I know when I see some "ghetto" white person, you know the type, all red neck and trailer park trash types, I know personally it doesn't "bring" down the white race, like I said maybe non whites might be more sensitive to it.

That reminds me, I was at the store a few weeks ago and this couple was in there, they we're the biggest redneck white trash / tweakers I've ever seen.

I was embarrassed for them.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've always kind of wondered what blacks thought when they see someone black acting big time "ghetto". I would think that maybe they might get a little irritated. I often think that they are giving fodder to the racists crowd.

It might be worse for non whites in that respect. I know when I see some "ghetto" white person, you know the type, all red neck and trailer park trash types, I know personally it doesn't "bring" down the white race, like I said maybe non whites might be more sensitive to it.

That reminds me, I was at the store a few weeks ago and this couple was in there, they we're the biggest redneck white trash / tweakers I've ever seen.

I was embarrassed for them.
Yeah in my opinion, if you are of a race that constantly gets put down about certain behavior, and you have to fight through all the stereotypes, then yes if you see people of your race actling like an a$$ and helping to keep those stereotypes alive, it's a bit more embarrassing for us. ESPESCIALLY if you are someone who does not act that way yourself. Well, that is how I feel.

Even at my job, if someone gets in trouble, and its not a black person, we are all like WHEW! Thank GOD it's not a black person, because you KNOW what everyone will be saying". Society tends to blame us ALL for the actions of some. Yeah, living with that gets real old.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
Even at my job, if someone gets in trouble, and its not a black person, we are all like WHEW! Thank GOD it's not a black person, because you KNOW what everyone will be saying". Society tends to blame us ALL for the actions of some. Yeah, living with that gets real old.
LOL, some black comedian was joking around about how when he sees some killer he's hoping it isn't someone black.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:25 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Obviously some white men are attracted to black women while others aren't. I don't see what's so shocking or hard to believe about this. As others have mentioned, if a woman is attractive, intelligent, feminine, pleasant, and otherwise has her act together, she will attract all types of men. White men are in fact MEN, so it's not impossible to get their attention. Believe it or not, there are black women out there who manage to do it.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
White men are in fact MEN, so it's not impossible to get their attention. Believe it or not, there are black women out there who manage to do it.
Shocker!! LOL, I see plenty of hottie black girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships