Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Do Yo Consider To Be And Why?
Alpha Male 10 45.45%
Beta Male 3 13.64%
Omega Male 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 08:20 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,898,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It's me!

Here's one definition:

Omega Male
The polar opposite of the Alpha Male. Omega Males can have friends and close acquaintances but prefer to accomplish things on their own without the help of a group. Omega Males generally don't belong to any cliques and have no desire to be the leader or most outstanding of said clique. Omega Males have relations with people from all groups and carry a resourcefulness and cunning (sometimes strength) to get a job done with their own skill. This being said, an omega male can have great pride without it manifesting as "ego."
Here's another one: Omega (usually rendered ω-male) is an antonym used to refer to the lowest caste of the hierarchical society. An omega is subordinated to all others in the community. The omega is commonly the last allowed to eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 10:53 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
I'm not interested in following others. But I'm not interested in having others follow me either. I just like to be left to my own devices. Lone wolf.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
capable of being all those things depending on what is required.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:59 PM

85 posts, read 227,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It's me!

Here's one definition:

Omega Male
The polar opposite of the Alpha Male. Omega Males can have friends and close acquaintances but prefer to accomplish things on their own without the help of a group. Omega Males generally don't belong to any cliques and have no desire to be the leader or most outstanding of said clique. Omega Males have relations with people from all groups and carry a resourcefulness and cunning (sometimes strength) to get a job done with their own skill. This being said, an omega male can have great pride without it manifesting as "ego."
What's Beta then? Isn't he the opposite of Alpha?

Old 12-20-2009, 11:00 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
capable of being all those things depending on what is required.
Its all location, location, location!

Old 12-20-2009, 11:00 PM

85 posts, read 227,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
here's another one: omega (usually rendered ω-male) is an antonym used to refer to the lowest caste of the hierarchical society. An omega is subordinated to all others in the community. The omega is commonly the last allowed to eat.
LOL... I would be the opposite of Omega according to this definition.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:02 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
Here's another one: Omega (usually rendered ω-male) is an antonym used to refer to the lowest caste of the hierarchical society. An omega is subordinated to all others in the community. The omega is commonly the last allowed to eat.
There's the rub--I'm not willing to let someone "allow" or "disallow" something I want to do. I'm going to eat as if my life depends on it--because it does--and no one would stop me.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:46 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,898,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn_habs View Post
What's Beta then? Isn't he the opposite of Alpha?

Sociologically/biologically speaking speaking Beta-Male is basically the side-kick, (not the door mat pop culture defintion). Sort of Like a SgtMaj or XO. ".......Beta or co-dominant males may interact to keep human interaction within social limits and acts as limiting factors to anti-social or disruptive behaviour with-in a group."

Old 12-21-2009, 06:29 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
What's omega male? Is that a joke? I've never heard that before. Sorry for being dense.
I don't know what any of them are.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:37 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I don't know what any of them are.
I also thought he was joking about that omega male and checked it out. Guess what... the term does exist!

Human alpha, beta, and omega: the pecking order (3,179 reads) [relationships.blog-city.com]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships