Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 03:54 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
In Mauritania, weight is seem as a sign of status, of being well-off enough to be heavy. So they have something over there that they call "gavage" to make the women attractive to males.
Then I may of well go there and instead of focusing on losing weight or maintaining the same, I'll work on gaining a bit more pounds... LOL...... Thanks

Actually won't work that much though because I can binge eat and hardly gain any weight but thanks anyways....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 04:03 PM

128 posts, read 243,162 times
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Well the answer is pretty obvious in this equation. Personality. Theirs was better than yours.
Anyone, no matter their size, will not get anywhere with either sex if they have that 'better than thou' attitude!

I was not a petite person in High School...athletic, for sure (I was a swimmer and worked my a** off, and in the off season swam with a community team and was a lifeguard), but because I have always had a great attitude towards people, my weight fluctuation since I've gotten older has never been an issue!

Ever since I've had my first child, my weight has been up and down. And even at my heaviest weight, I had never had a problem attracting attention from the opposite sex....it's all in how you carry yourself, how you treat other people, and how you perceive yourself.

To the OP: you sound as if you have a real problem with women, who in the medical world, sound mostly normal for their height/weight. If you espouse that attitude towards any man (OH, look at her, she's soooo FAT!), then that could be a turn-off FOR SURE!

Old 06-26-2011, 10:02 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,156 times
There is a lot of wisdom in this post.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:13 AM

478 posts, read 809,469 times
large-framed: sure, if they're fit and reasonably lean. I actually prefer women who are more solidly built to the ultra-thin types.

obese: there may be a (very) few men who find this attractive, but in my entire life I've never met a man who honestly said that he was attracted to an obese woman. A few extra pounds is one thing and can be cute, but obese is something entirely different.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:19 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times
It's all in a person's preference. Some guys like a little junk in the trunk. And maybe other cultures do find fat women attractive. In Anthropology class we studied about this one tribe in Africa that stuffs the young girls' faces in order to make them fat so they can be better mothers and good wives. They don't consider skinny or thin to be attractive.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:21 AM

33 posts, read 95,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastBound123 View Post
I think a lot of men especially don't recognize that 5"4 and 160 lbs. does not necessarily look obese: chubby, potentially, overweight yes - but it all depends on how they wear it. Look at this girl - nice hip-waist ratio makes her attractive even though her profile has her at 5"4 and 160 when this picture was taken

Hard to believe that girl is 5"4 and 160 lbs - in the first picture her face looks a bit chubby and her body looks thick but nowhere near 160. In the second picture, just her face - she looks hot.

I would guess 145-150, maybe ~15 lbs overweight at most.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:00 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
We'll I'm a big guy and I'm most attracted to women with some meat on their bones. Not too much as bigger than I am but the right size. There is one reporter from Fox 5 in DC i had a crush on and she was pretty thick in all the right places, Julie Wright if you've never heard of her.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:14 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
We'll I'm a big guy and I'm most attracted to women with some meat on their bones. Not too much as bigger than I am but the right size. There is one reporter from Fox 5 in DC i had a crush on and she was pretty thick in all the right places, Julie Wright if you've never heard of her.
Yeah. She's a cutie.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
My grandfather pretty much only likes obsese women. And nowadays, women that are much, much younger than him.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:55 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi sierraAZ,

When the facts don't agree with you, then its a lie.

Here is another angle off the favorite "fat" photo. Not too beefy here.

Cameras add weight and this angle creates the illusion of more hip than there actually was.

Marilyn Monroe was known as a big girl. Estimates go from size 8 to 12. I'm 5'5 and at 115 I'm a size 2/3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships