Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 09:12 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
For the most part, many men in generally will focus on a woman's body and if she can fit through clothings. It's very obvious that the taller we are, the more weight into it.

However, this is not the case with a friend of mine. From our high school years, she had a weight problem and later on, become obese (she's 5'5' and weights approximately 160-170's). Since the boyfriend already knew about her weight problem, gaining some more pounds was nothing new to him. The last thing I hear is they're still together and have a child now.

The next case is my uncle who has been married for many years and doesn't seem to mind she's been at 180-200 Ibs. I saw a picture of them once when they were younger and she still was considerably overweight (less than now but still).
Then there used to be an obese girl in my high school but the boyfriend didn't mind. The other case was my father telling me about a youth friend that always was into dating overweight large woman (I'm not talking about few extra pounds added but the obese one weighting at about 160-180 Ibs).

Not trying to be judgmental and realize everyone tastes must vary but at some point wouldn't they want to see them taking care of themselves more or at least lose some pounds? Or is it that these I mentioned don't really care?
Well, you may not be trying to be judgemental but you certainly come across as being that way. Why the concern with men who happen to find overweight women attractive? Or who are at least not so superficial that they can find other types of beauty in that type of women? It's pretty unusual for a woman to espouse this type of attitude, in my experience at least. Usually y'all are lambasting us guys for being obsessed with super-model type women and putting to heavy a premium on looks alone.
I'm guessing you're having some relationship issues of your own at present, thus are perhaps letting a bit of your frustration creep into your posts.
I apologize if I'm mistaken on this last point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 09:14 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I spent a little time looking for a good example.

This would probably be considered a heavy women but will probably find some men are interested. Why? Its simple. She has somewhat favorable hip to waist ratio. She appears healthy. Forget BMI , or weight. Head straight for the waist to hip ratio.

This has a menopausal weight distribution that tends to indicate " not a chance."
The first one has a nice body size and frame. I don't find her attractive at all cos of her face and hair, but speaking purely about body I wouldn't mind going out with someone who is built like that. Fairly attractive body to me, IMO.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:42 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Well, you may not be trying to be judgemental but you certainly come across as being that way. Why the concern with men who happen to find overweight women attractive? Or who are at least not so superficial that they can find other types of beauty in that type of women? It's pretty unusual for a woman to espouse this type of attitude, in my experience at least. Usually y'all are lambasting us guys for being obsessed with super-model type women and putting to heavy a premium on looks alone.
I'm guessing you're having some relationship issues of your own at present, thus are perhaps letting a bit of your frustration creep into your posts.
I apologize if I'm mistaken on this last point.
I tried finding the best way to post it. As you can see, I avoided using the word ''fat'' due to it being a detrimental term. Not that I was concern or anything. People choose what they want in a partners but that was new to me. Imagine if something you hardly ever hear about makes the news. Other than that I was just curious about it, you know.... the unknown with no answer.
It's easier to state why a man would be into a thin fit woman. This makes more sense than if a man was dating a heavy overweight one.

Relationship trouble.. not really. I don't really have time for melodramas nor being stressed-out over a man when I got something else to focus on, which not getting paid on time on my job.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:48 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Can't really say she's obese if she weighs less than he does...and many men DO weigh more than 160-180 pounds.

I'm about 140#, on average, though the last time I got on a scale I was 125#.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:59 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Can't really say she's obese if she weighs less than he does...and many men DO weigh more than 160-180 pounds.

I'm about 140#, on average, though the last time I got on a scale I was 125#.
That's because men are taller than women. I weigh 200-205, but then again I'm 6'4 and my weight matches my height - more or less.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:03 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
This has a menopausal weight distribution that tends to indicate " not a chance."
*holds sides laughing azz off* OMG. That was a funny way to put it. Just too damn funny.

Do you do parties???

Old 12-20-2009, 11:04 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Dorrans:
Thus my wife--who weighed 180--could not be "obese" to you, since you outweigh her. But she outweighed me, so I can consider her obese. Doesn't mean she didn't have other good qualities, just that she wasn't allowed on top.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:27 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Not trying to be judgmental and realize everyone tastes must vary but at some point wouldn't they want to see them taking care of themselves more or at least lose some pounds? Or is it that these I mentioned don't really care?
why do you care? Did an "obese" chick steal your boyfriend? Or do you think these men should be all over you instead of going after girls who "dont want to take care of themselves?". Oh my God I think I know, maybe they are so intimidated by your perfect body, that they decide to date girls who won't reject them

Old 12-21-2009, 12:37 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
read the posts, lots of americans would rather name call doctors than deal with their health issues.
30 lbs over, is obese. its not a personal attack by medical science-- its a health issue. guys that are attracted to women that got a food compulsion are called enablers, not cutie pies.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:49 AM

2,319 posts, read 2,558,382 times
I have a couple of things to say. First, the women you describe don't sound overweight at all to me -- chubby might be a better description. Next, I have noticed that some women become resentful if they see that a man might be more attracted to someone she considers "not as good / thin / pretty" as she is, and will openly wonder what that man could possibly see in the other woman. Many times it's directed at a heavier woman. But what I think people are missing is that it is what exudes FROM a woman that makes them more or less attractive to men. Yes, there are some men who I guess just like heavy women, but I think in all fairness most of us (at least those of us who are somewhat evolved) can admit that although we may have a physical "type", we also find ourselves attracted to people who are not necessarily that type, but who excude self confidence and a certain sexuality that transcends the way they look.
Yes, when we love someone, we should care about their health. But I think what we all want very deeply is someone who will love us no matter what we look like, because looks are fleeting...age comes to us all, if we're lucky, and we would also like to know that our partner would not leave if we were burned, or became ill, or in some other way lost our beauty.
There are many thin people who do not take care of themselves or have good hygiene...I've also seen many heavier people, both men and woman, who are well dressed, comfortable in their bodies, and just really great to be around, and I think that makes a huge difference.
I've heard an old saying that goes "Men learn to love the women they are attracted to, while women learn to be attracted to the men the love"...while that may very well be true in general, I would really like to give good men the benefit of the doubt. They may be very attracted to a model-type woman, but that doesn't mean they couldn't fall in love with a less physically perfect woman.
And to the man who said women don't in general like fat men: I have heard many women say that they were going to begin looking for a chubbier man, a less handsome man, who is good and kind and would make a good partner because they are tired of dealing with extremely handsome men who turn out to be players...so, if you are a heavy man, please keep that in mind as well.
Superficial people will be superficial, no matter what...even if they're with a beautiful person, they will always be looking for the next best thing.
However, people who understand that there is so much more -- so many layers -- to most people and can take the time to discover a person's true beauty are the ones who will come out best in love and life almost every time.
Hope this resonates with some of you and helps OP understand maybe just a little better. And OP: stop worrying about why men are attracted to certain types of women and just try to create the best life for yourself that you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships